What's new

Turkey could be considering Pakistani produced JF-17 fighter aircraft

Can somebody explain in real statistics how the operational cost of JF-17 is lower than that of F-16 when used in a conflict ?

Hi,

The weapons used from the JF17 are less expensive---the fuel costs---pretty much the same---. The maintenance would be cheaper as well due to lower cost of parts---.

And as one aircraft tech can service the vehicle in between sorties---that means the job is simpler.

Last edited:
Hi,

The weapons used from the JF17 are less expensive---the fuel costs---pretty much the same---. The maintenance would be cheaper as well due to lower cost of parts---.

And as aircraft tech can service the vehicle in between sorties---that means the job is simpler.

That's an interesting point. I was mainly focused on the diplomatic angle but this can be really meaningful in a long drawn out conflict.

Another angle: If the TuAF F-16s are bugged, as was actually found, the US will know exactly when and where the attacks are taking place and can relay this information to the PKK.

I think this is an opportunity for Pakistan and for the JF-17, an opportunity of a lifetime. Turkey is in its greatest struggle since the Cyprus crisis. It needs diplomatic support at minimum and would appreciate help, and surely remember it for a long time.

If a symbolic fleet of 4 JF-17s were loaned for the Olive Branch operation, it would give the JF-17 great publicity, one more combat proven badge, and help a friend in need (which is the biggest and most important aspect).

What do you think? I am not a Pakistani but I thought of sharing this idea as I think it's a win-win for everyone.
If turkey arks for it BTW we can't send troops or pilots with those jets could make issues with Syrian gov and Iran as we r neutral to this issue

Uh...turkey operates block 50/52 with all the bells amd whistles. A handful of JF-17 are highly unlikely to change their operational capabilities and the gesture of support would be in token only unless you are willing to send troops into syria to support Turkey which Pakistan should avoid. Better to give verbal support. Achievs the same token outcome without wasting resources.

Turkey doesn't need this fighter at all. If they would have a need they already have the cash to buy it.

Back
Top Bottom