What's new

Turkey calls for no-fly zone in Syria

Apparently, you haven't understand my point. It doesn't matter whose fault they were, the only thing that matters is how it is perceived by Turkish people. If Turkish people give permission, i assure you AKP would use it and it won't be a war exactly but one quick operation that will topple Assad in matter of weeks if not days.

No, because then you drag Iran into this conflict which has a defense pact and signed security agreements with Syria.
This is and will remain at proxy level war between Iran and Turkey. Nothing more than that.

That's some valid interesting points.
But to just look at it in the prism of Sunni vs Shia, is a bit simplistic. First of all, Iran's narrative in this conflict has not been staunch support for Assad. If you listen to the foreign minister and such from Iran, the narrative is and have always been for the opposition and current government to stop fighting and engage in talks. There were even some reports earlier in the conflict, that Iran was considering parting from Assad.
Assad himself is not vital to Iran's role at all.
Syria as a nation state has common strategic interests with Iran. And yes, I am referring to the resistance axis, and occupied Syrian land. That is why Iran is not dependent on Assad.
The only way for the geopolitics to change, is if Syria is destroyed as a nation state in a sectarian war. If the rebels win that is.

I disagree with you that Turkey was pragmatic and made a rational calibrated move in this conflict.

Salehi is soft spoken and US educated intellectual. Let me state something, in international diplomatic parlays what is said is not being done and what is kept hidden is actually executed on the ground. Survival of Al-Assad regime, even in mildest form is of extremely significance for Iranian regime’s regional policy. Iran can only part away from Al-Assad when it finds a suitable alternate but in Syrian demographic mix it is impossible to find another.

Fall of Assad will be the fall of Iranian made resistance axis, any new government in Syria will not be an ally of Iran, especially after so much of destruction and bloodshed. Al-Assad, NAsrallah and now Al-Maliki are the extended hands of Iranian regime and loss of Al-Assad will be Irreparable and it will also cut the direct reach to Hezbollah.

No, because then you drag Iran into this conflict which has a defense pact and signed security agreements with Syria.
This is and will remain at proxy level war between Iran and Turkey. Nothing more than that.

I agree, it will remain as a proxy war since your claims about how FSA is losing is not true at all. But even if it was about to lose and as a result Turkish government decides to act, Iran wouldn't be in a position to prevent the inevitable.

Salehi is soft spoken and US educated intellectual. Let me state something, in international diplomatic parlays what is said is not being done and what is kept hidden is actually executed on the ground. Survival of Al-Assad regime, even in mildest form is of extremely significance for Iranian regime’s regional policy. Iran can only part away from Al-Assad when it finds a suitable alternate but in Syrian demographic mix it is impossible to find another.

Fall of Assad will be the fall of Iranian made resistance axis, any new government in Syria will not be an ally of Iran, especially after so much of destruction and bloodshed. Al-Assad, NAsrallah and now Al-Maliki are the extended hands of Iranian regime and loss of Al-Assad will be Irreparable and it will also cut the direct reach to Hezbollah.

I tend to think the opposite. That after the end of this conflict, it will be a severe blow to Turkey, GCC and US. Time will tell. I guess for now, we just have to agree to disagree. :)

You of all persons should first look at his post and then answer this way.
First claims something then takes it back and blames Turkey ?
You know his stands are anti Turkey,so if you dont see that then you get the same answer.

Opposing Turkey's policy in some matter doesn't mean the same as being anti-Turkey.How did you come out with that conclusion?

The FSA rodents are being pounded by the Syrian army, so the no fly zone is the only way the US, Turkey, GCC can achieve their objective. But not gonna happen. It will be vetoed by Russia and China.
Its very natural for Turkey to call for such a desperate move of a no fly zone, seeing as how its going horribly for the terrorists. Turkey is panicking after their massive foreign policy failure in Syria, which was to shelter terrorists in order to oust a neighbour's government. And when Assad and Syrian government wins the war (not if, when) Turkey will have a very bitter enemy in its southern border. Man what a mess Erdogan has dragged Turkey into. They should just cut their losses and accept that Assad Syrian government is here to stay. Turkey just keep making it worse for themselves lol
Era,what do you conclude from this?

Me anti-Turkey? Oh what a bunch of nonsense.
I travel to Turkey almost every year, I own an apartment there. I love Turkey. So dont accuse me of such BS.
@Era_923:
Well said.

That is not me being anti-Turkey, thats for sure. But I am against the Turkish policy in this particular case.
If you dont agree with me thats fine. But dont be irrational, emotional and accuse me of being anti-Turkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to think the opposite. That after the end of this conflict, it will be a severe blow to Turkey, GCC and US. Time will tell. I guess for now, we just have to agree to disagree. :)

You have all the rights to think opposite and there is no harm in disagreement too. Again, i would say that it is a wishful thinking.:)

Me anti-Turkey? Oh what a bunch of nonsense.
I travel to Turkey almost every year, I own an apartment there. I love Turkey. So dont accuse me of such BS.
@Era_923:
Well said.

That is not me being anti-Turkey, thats for sure. But I am against the Turkish policy in this particular case.
If you dont agree with me thats fine. But dont be irrational, emotional and accuse me of being anti-Turkey.
I dont have emotions,for that you need to care.
Your post is blaming us of harboring terorists asking for a no-fly zone out of desperation and making it worse for ourselfs?
Then its easy to say,Assad has Iranian terrorists who kill Syrians isnt it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your post is blaming us of harboring terorists asking for a no-fly zone out of desperation and making it worse for ourselfs?

I don't see those words as anti-Turkish. It's against policies of your government and true or not, it has nothing to do with personal problems with Turkey.
Some of you may also oppose Iran's policies, but does that mean being anti-Iran (as people,not government)?

Assad has his army fighting for him.I don't see any Iranian soldiers fighting in Syria and you also know that it's a lie.There has been a huge campaign and propaganda to prove that Iran has soldiers in Syria and they all have failed.Iran may support Syria in other ways, but in this specific case, that's not true.

Here it's me giving you an objective analysis of two armed forces. You can't beat Turkey in any way, we got both tactical and technological advantage. Lucky you, we aren't going to war so relax, chill bro :)
You exactly repeated my point, Turkey beats Iran in this and in that.War-lover boys.I didn't say anything about a war, I was talking about being able to deal with emotions and nationalism.
So,you are the one who should chill,not me.

That's one too rational piece of answer... not.

It's mixed with too much nationalism and nationalism, in extremist version, spoils rationality.
Here it's me giving you an objective analysis of two armed forces. You can't beat Turkey in any way, we got both tactical and technological advantage. Lucky you, we aren't going to war so relax, chill bro :)
You exactly repeated my point, Turkey beats Iran in this and in that.War-lover boys.I didn't say anything about a war, I was talking about being able to deal with emotions and nationalism.
So,you are the one who should chill,not me.
I don't have love for anything except my country, I rarely have emotions at all, so don't bother I'm chill as fvck. It might be true that the person you've quoted is a nationalist, but it doesn't make what he said any less true.

easy boy ... :coffee:

I don't see those words as anti-Turkish. It's against policies of your government and true or not, it has nothing to do with personal problems with Turkey.
Some of you may also oppose Iran's policies, but does that mean being anti-Iran (as people,not government)?

Assad has his army fighting for him.I don't see any Iranian soldiers fighting in Syria and you also know that it's a lie.There has been a huge campaign and propaganda to prove that Iran has soldiers in Syria and they all have failed.Iran may support Syria in other ways, but in this specific case, that's not true.
So then you agree that we dont harbor terorrists?

easy boy ... :coffee:
What do you want fanboy?
That all you have to say,go play in your own garden and leave the talking to the adults.

So then you agree that we dont harbor terorrists?

Calling them terrorists or freedom fighters is not the point.But I do agree those who you support,have also committed too much crimes in Syria.Many of the arms you gave to rebels ended up in hands of Al-Qaeda affiliated groups, like Jebha al-Nusrah.You should agree Turkey is not playing a constructive role here.Your country had the power to deal with crisis in a much better way,but thanks to Erdogan, we are not seeing that.

Back
Top Bottom