What's new

Turkey Arrests Generals for Stopping Syria-Bound Trucks 'Filled With Arms'

BanglaBhoot

RETIRED TTA
Reaction score
Country
France
Two Turkish generals and a colonel were detained on Saturday for intercepting Syria-bound trucks that belonged to Turkey’s National Intelligence Organization (MIT), the newspaper Today’s Zaman reported.

In January 2014, Ankara Gendarmerie Major-General Ibrahim Aydin, former Adana Gendarmerie Brigadier-General Hamza Celepoglu and former Gendarmerie Criminal Laboratory Head Colonel Burhanettin Cihangiroglu stopped Syrian-bound trucks in southern Turkey after they received information from an anonymous source that the trucks were illegally carrying weapons to militants in Syria.

When the information about the trucks became public, MIT officials and high-ranking Turkish politicians, including President Recep Teyyip Erdogan, who was Prime Minister back then, and Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, then the country's foreign minister, were furious that the gendarmes stopped the trucks and said the Syria-bound trucks were carrying "humanitarian aid" to Turkmen living just south of Turkey, the newspaper said.

"Yes, I'm saying this without any hesitation. That aid was going to the Turkmens. There will be a war next door and we will watch our Turkmen, Arab and Turkish brothers being massacred," Davutoglu said, as cited by Today's Zaman.

However, members of opposition parties and some Turkish media said the trucks were indeed transporting weapons to Islamic extremists in Syria.
The gendarmes involved in the interception confirmed that the Syria-bound trucks weren't going to an area where the Turkmen lived, but to an area populated by radical groups, the Turkish newspaper said.

When an investigation into the MIT case was launched, the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP) called the probe as "treason and espionage" on the part of prosecutors.

New Twist in the Story

New developments on the issue took place recently. Last Tuesday, Erdogan answered claims previously made by critics, who said the trucks were filled with weapons, by sarcastically asking them: "What if the MIT trucks were filled with weapons?"

Then on Saturday, contrary to his earlier claims that the MIT trucks were carrying humanitarian aid to Turkmen, Erdogan said the trucks were actually heading on their way to help the Free Syrian Army (FSA).

"They [the gendarmes who revealed the transfer] also exposed those going to the FSA in that way," Erdogan said on Saturday while addressing his supporters in Balikesir, as cited by Today's Zaman.

Well, that's getting pretty confusing — were the trucks delivering "humanitarian aid" to the Turkmen or the FSA then? Just make up your mind, Mr. Erdogan. Where the trucks were heading and what were they carrying after all?
Meanwhile, some very high-ranking Turkish officials, including then-president Abdullah Gul, revealed that the Syria-bound trucks were a "state-secret," leading to more speculations that the trucks were indeed filled with weapons.

The recent developments are taking place in the wake of a major government crackdown on two Turkish journalists of the Cumhuriyet newspaper, Can Dunbar and Erdem Gul, who we arrested for covering a story and releasing pictures, claiming that Turkish trucks provided weapons to Syrian opposition rebels.

The reason why the Turkish government arrested the journalists is because Erdogan and his ruling party don't want reporters to write about certain things, such as the government's support of Syrian rebels, corruption and other important things that people should actually know about, human rights activist Arzu Geybulla said.

Following the arrest of the journalists, who covered Erdogan's "tender" topic, it looks like the Turkish President is trying to eliminate everyone who's willing to speak up or reveal the fact that the Turkish government was helping out Islamic extremists in Syria.

All of this comes amid the political scandal involving the downing of the Russian Su-24 by a Turkish Air Force F-16 fighter jet on Tuesday.

After the incident Russia said Turkey was one of the countries which cover the actions of Islamic terrorists in Syria.

Turkey Arrests Generals for Stopping Syria-Bound Trucks 'Filled With Arms'

regime-change in turkey is urgent... akp out, progressives in... nato out, east/south bloc in.

erdogan and davutoglu are war criminals involved in the destruction in libya and syria... a international people's committee should decide their fate.

This Erdogan must go if Turkey was to ever hold any ground. Just yesterday they assassinated a kurdish lawyer in open like how ISIL would take care of business as usual. Turks need to take there country back from these westerner collaborators.

regime-change in turkey is urgent... akp out, progressives in... nato out, east/south bloc in.

erdogan and davutoglu are war criminals involved in the destruction in libya and syria... a international people's committee should decide their fate.
I didn't know Erdogan was dropping barrel bombs and killing Syrian civilians with his mystical mind control tricks. While fooling us all into believing that bashar ordered those strikes. Shame on u Erdogan.

I only Trust Turkey's offical press release

Specially never pay attention to British outlets

Whoa, Azad man!
A- Trusting only govt issued truths is a good way to get fooled, no matter which govt.
B- The outlet is Sputnik News which is not British but Russian and ludicrous in any case.

Of course, timing by Ru to spread the news equals propaganda after jet shootdown.
So nothing serious about your reply but then again, nothing serious in the OP either!

Just sayin' Tay.

-----
Monday, December 23, 2013
WHERE ARE THE IMAGES OF BARREL BOMBS?

Apparently the Syrian Arab Army has been hovering over Aleppo dropping barrel bombs onto unsuspecting civilians.

And apparently there has been a fierce battle over a hospital being used as a military base.

But apparently the rebels do not appear to have been able to photograph these helicopters or the barrel bombs being pushed out of them. Such photographs would be a dynamite PR victory for the rebels. But for whatever reason the only photographs we get to see in the NATO media is the alleged aftermath of one of these barrel bombs.

Now, if the rebels had any brains (and after nearly 3 years still not realising that they are actually fighting for Israel implies that they don't) you would think that at the first sound of an approaching helicopter they would have their cameras ready to either photograph or even better film barrel bombs being pushed out of helicopters. Alas, no such photographic evidence exists. Instead, all we have are allegations from intellectually challenged and unreliable rebels being passed onto a totally discredited one man band based in Coventry.

On the other hand, as a sick example of just how cutthrroat the rebels are, they posted photographs of their slaughter of civilians at Adra. I do not wish to propagate those images because they are horrific and degrading to humanity. But they are, or were last week, available on the internet.

So that is my point:

1. despite over a week of allegations that the Syrian Arab Army is dropping barrel bombs out of helicopters over Aleppo, we have not been provided with any images of this, despite helicopters announcing their approach quite loudly, thus giving the rebels plenty of time to prepare to film these alleged attacks; and such images would provide a PR victory; but they always seem to have cameras to photograph the aftermath of these attacks;

2. the cutthroats were very eager to display their slaughter of innocent civilians at Adra, with photographs of them holding the decapitated heads of their victims.

3. the rebels and their mouthpieces such as the MI6 SOHR have already been sussed by blaming slaughter of civilians on the Syrian Arab Army at Houla and Khan al Assal, and more importantly at Ghouta.
-----
source - The Truth Serum: WHERE ARE THE IMAGES OF BARREL BOMBS?
Try google,
The barrelbombs of Assad.
Take a look at the pictures,maybe they are all fake,what you say comrade?

Try google,
The barrelbombs of Assad.
Take a look at the pictures,maybe they are all fake,what you say comrade?

i deleted my post because some people on pdf want to use any excuse to blame the syrian government... yeah, "syrian regime" barrel bombs but no mention whatsoever of the chemical weapons used by the armed opposition. :)

and perhaps you didn't read this part...
2. the cutthroats were very eager to display their slaughter of innocent civilians at Adra, with photographs of them holding the decapitated heads of their victims.

3. the rebels and their mouthpieces such as the MI6 SOHR have already been sussed by blaming slaughter of civilians on the Syrian Arab Army at Houla and Khan al Assal, and more importantly at Ghouta.

and this was about the "rebels" and not the excuse-name called isis.

if i post what the "rebels" have done i will be banned.

Last edited:
Oops, Turkey's claims of Humanitarian Aid is blown off the sky..

If you bothered to actually read the article Davutoglu said "Yes, I'm saying this without any hesitation. That aid was going to the Turkmens".

However considering this is Sputnik, one of the most biased news sources out there i doubt its legitimacy. Can be called the BBC of Russia.

i deleted my post because some people on pdf want to use any excuse to blame the syrian government... yeah, "syrian regime" barrel bombs but no mention whatsoever of the chemical weapons used by the armed opposition. :)

and perhaps you didn't read this part...

and this was about the "rebels" and not the excuse-name called isis.

if i post what the "rebels" have done i will be banned.
After how many years of war,you expect people to stay civilized?
The question should be,''who started the atrocities?'' and go from there comrade.
As you know,it started with protests,demonstrations,what happened at those demonstrations and by whome?
You should first look at the cause of something,then talk about who did what,would be my advice to you comrade.

Come on the pretence is getting a bit ridiculous now. It is clear that ISIS is backed by non other than Erdogan:

First, he let thousands of radical fighters free access through his border. There are even reports of isis being treated in Turkish hospitals!

Next he gets caught red handed supplying weapons across the border - and still can't clarify who it's for exactly.

Finally, putin has come out in the open accusing turkey of buying/facilitating isis oil! I'm not surprised at all, Turkey is the best strategically placed country for that illegal oil to go.

We've all wondered why nobody addresses the matter of isis oil. If there was any evidence that oil was bought by a non nato ally, the press would tear that country to shreds! But it's turkey, which is why none of the western allies are talking about it.

Moscow steps up attacks on Turkey as Vladimir Putin accuses Ankara of letting Isis smuggle out oil | Europe | News | The Independent

On a more pragmatic note, Erdogan and isis share the same enemies and broad objectives. Both are fighting Assad and the kurds. He's even using these radicals to attack his kurdish opponents in Turkey itself, what a coincidence that only kurdish movements are bombed in Turkey.

I feel sorry for Turks, some of the most open minded people on earth, but this guy Erdogan had turned out to be far more nasty than anyone could have imagined.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom