What's new

TTP Offers Conditional Ceasefire to Govt Of Pakistan

Guess karr hee na lena tumm. I am Pakistani and a Pashtun. That's my identity since my great granddad, and I plan to keep it that way! :D :pakistan:

Why the secrecy ? :hitwall:

What did your Grandad do ? :what:

Besides you're half-a-Pashtun ! :D

Auntie is a Buttt ! :smitten:

Something to do with their idea of it being Sunnat ! I've seen many of them Tablighi Jammat fellows looking like that too ! :undecided:

Their hair seem to be far longer then Sunnat (different point of views I know)

case in point :enjoy:

BaitullahMehsud_1382182c.jpg

Ḥashshāshīn;3738284 said:
**** them, no ceasefire. Those cowards hide behind civilians and attack soldiers while they're asleep, and ask for 'Islamic law'?

Leave it alone - Where in the whole Islamic war jurisprudence has the Prophet or God even allowed the Muslims to uproot trees during a war ? Killing someone innocent is much farther than that - the supreme act of evil that be !

Yeh CENTCOM notes to nahin lay raha? :P
@CENTCOM, howdy mate! :)

Well I have posted this before " I once thought of making an ISPR account before " :D

If you know what I mean ... :lol:

Their hair seem to be far longer then Sunnat (different point of views I know)

Punishable by death of course ... Infidel ! :P

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hyperion, I saw a documentary on Waziristan (and nearby areas) and to my amusement the tribal leaders were young educated folks, so how come they still don't have a strong political presence and why is the area still cut off from rest of Pakistan (considering the location, there should be a lot of trade activity with Afghanistan attracting Pakistanis from all over the country).

Documentary does not show the whole picture Sedqal. Once you enter (except if you do from Jamrud or Khyber side through Peshawar as jamrud is the most developed town in all of FATA) FATA it is as if you enter another country. No large buildings, mostly dirt paths unnavigable in winter, almost no schools and colleges, lack of infrastructure, no hospitals, nothing. Just because some tribals come to cities and settle and are doing pretty well it can sometimes become easy to believe FATA is as peaceful as the Gomal river and as advanced as any place else.

FATIAN's have been purposely deprived for years upon years. The FCR, a discriminatory law applies here and politics had been banned for many years. Even now FATIAN's have only gained the right to vote for parties in other parts of Pakistan. They are not allowed to form a political party that is actually "born in FATA"

Why is it cut of from Pakistan. Ask Zia and his ****** gang. Gilgit by the way was also once ruled by the FCR but they rose up politically and took their rights. FATIAN's don't have that level of political awakening... particularly because of the tribal internecine warfare which makes them think of their tribe more than their ethnic group or as Pakistanis. Coupled with unemployment that creates an explosive mix.

Also you were looking at a miniscule group, a tiny minority of educated people-tribal elders who are better of than the rest of the people. Even among those who are educated... you know how low the standards are... it just means those who can write their name.

Now as far as education is concerned the literacy is 22% in total and just 7.5% for women! Those are the figures. Here is the map:

Literacy_Rate_Tribal_Areas_2007_FATA_excl_FRs.jpg

As far as politics is concerned the only real region that is politically active I would say is Bajaur and to a slighter extent Khyber. A person from other parts of FATA can tell you about this better. I am citing Bajaur because it produced people like Nazimuddin Khan, Adalat Khan and Malik Shah Jihan (who was assasinated by TTP)... people have often suggested it has a thriving political culture. Nizamuddin Khan Salarzai is a journalist in Vienna originally from Bajur. There are a number of others. This gives the people a Bajaur a voice.

So to conclude I will say the tribes are too disorganized and disunited to establish a political conscience and the government has kept the region backwards for strategic goals or strategic depth. I mean the literacy rate is pathetic, unemployment rate is twice the average and has skyrocketed since the taliban arrived, elders and progressives are killed by the taliban and are replaced by pro-taliban elders only too eager to fill the vacuum... its no surprise FATA is a mess and its one huge failure on our part.

@haviZsultan, your analysis is correct to a degree. Yes I agree that not all "Ma'seed's" are bad, I know about a dozen senior officers in the armed forces and ISI/MI etc etc, who love their country and have been serving their motherland for decades, however, the overwhelming majority of them have lost touch with tenants of 'Pashtunwali,' and this is not some recent phenomenon, this goes back to more than a century, you know where I am coming from and you need to research it further.

I can write pages upon pages, but that's not how I operate. Btw, everyone you have just mentioned, I have met them once during the course of my life.

Btw, I am not a Wazir! :P

Wait till Luffy comes here to be proved a typical Afghan (nation) from Tora bora cave again as is his habit... you said shoot him on the head. Why not offer to buy his tongue which seems to be controlled remotely through a mechanical device used by Afghans... of course being cavemen this device is only temporary and has been provided by American masters for a period of time. I am sure he will be willing to sell his tongue as the bar Pashtuns (Afghans) have always been trying to sell themselves collectively between Russians and British.

This forum is for discussion wrora.... share your opinion as each opinion is valuable. You said it is correct to a degree... I would like you to point out the obscure parts so my book can be a success. This is also the first book about tribal people vis a vis war on terror so do share your opinion. A lot of the stuff there is from opinions of sources on the ground. Analysis of everything of course is my personal view.

@haviZsultan : I appreciate your detailed reply ! :tup:

By the way Hyperion is not a Wazir ! I've been trying to get it out of him what he is but for some reason he won't divulge that information apart from the fact that his sub-tribe has people on both sides of the border & he is from Waziristan ! I think he might be a Shinwarri !
@Hyperion : Kiyun rora, abbb sahii guess kiyaaa ? :undecided:

Lufffyyy you scandalous, slithery little snake... :angry: And he was acting like he knew every Pashtun on PDF.

This guy is such a liar I swear. Last time he told me that someone had told him I am a son of yousaf khan and sherbano... thats a legend and they never had a son so he got depanted in the reply. lol. Sometimes yeh aisi chorta hai pata hi nahi chalta key waqai mein bol kya raha hai. I mean of course its possible. On that forum Admin Khan just made the comment that he thought I was related to Altaf Hussain. :lol: But still, u know?

Thank you. This (my personal) knowledge looks pretty useless to me... other than for my book. No one cares really. :undecided:

its okay if Hyperion doesn't want to divulge his tribe. We had a rule that made it a crime to make known your ethnicity... some hawks even started throwing people away for it. It proves a loyalty to Pakistan. Its useless to divide further. Though I can give you some hints if you want Armstrong so you can guess.

@Sedqal : Khochaa kahin yeeh niqab posh khatooon touu nahin ! :rofl:

Mate , Nero was fiddling while Rome burnt :P

Similarly , now there's a whole war going over and you are trying to find a women or even imagining one ! :D

Why is it cut of from Pakistan. Ask Zia and his ****** gang. Gilgit by the way was also once ruled by the FCR but they rose up politically and took their rights. FATIAN's don't have that level of political awakening... particularly because of the tribal internecine warfare which makes them think of their tribe more than their ethnic group or as Pakistanis. Coupled with unemployment that creates an explosive mix.

Thank you. This (my personal) knowledge looks pretty useless to me... other than for my book. No one cares really. :undecided:

Honestly , if I ever get the authority , I will rip open his grave , get his rotten bones and hang them as a warning that shall serve as a deterrent to every extremist that is ever born in Pakistan ! This son of a ***** destroyed the whole country purposely through his Islamization and portrayal of Soviet threat which honestly was never there , the USSR was never going to invade Pakistan ... A war we should never have fought for US , Afghans and KSA , because these Afghans had been fighting for 200 years , what hope was there for them then ? They started a civil war again right after their liberation as expected ... Wouldn't the USSR proxy Govt had run the country better than that ? ... People bash Musharraf when it was Zia who started the very mess in the first place ... Created a whole breed of psychopathic extremist who have now mutated and evolved into Taliban ... That did it , we have instability and almost total economic halt in the country since 80's !

I , personally respect you as a rational patriot and very knowledgeable member on the subject ... You can judge how many people care by the number of thanks given to your highly detailed posts ... So , dont think like that and do not stop posting ... At least , we now know the actual ground reality in the trouble areas thanks to you !

Yeh CENTCOM notes to nahin lay raha? :P
@CENTCOM, howdy mate! :)

Mujhey nahi chora in bewaqufon ney Canada mein toh tu toh Waziristan sey hai... lol.

BTW @Armstrong in South Waziristan there are Mahsuds, Wazirs (mostly ahmedzai), Bhittanis and Burki's. Also some Suleimankhels (Ghilzai)

In North Waziristan there are Malikshi Mahsuds, the principal tribe is Wazir (Utmanzai) and there are Dawars.

So now its narrowed down. He is from Waziristan so he should be from one of these tribes.

The Burki and Dawar have a higher standard of living so we usually find more well-off or in a better position Burki's and Dawars compared to Maseeds and Wazirs. The Mahsuds and Wazirs... sorry to say are a lost cause. They never stop fighting each other. :D But their population is larger... so for example if 1000 out of 10,000 Dawars are living in an air conditioned home with internet access there are 1,500 our of 80,000 Waziris sitting in the same way... a lower ratio, higher number.

The two trigger happy people of that region are Mahsuds and Wazirs... and Hyperion seems quite emotional... with all the talk of guns and strong arm tactics. Dawar's could easily pass off as anyone else, even Punjabis-my friend once said local people call them Punjabis because they seem so docile... even Hyperion will confirm that Waziri's see them as week and meek because of their better education and being less emotional and all. I would assume he is a self-deprecating Mahsud being too harsh on his tribe but not everyone is as critical of his birth as I am.

Shinwari are not from Waziristan... each tribe has a geographic location in a particular area. For example Baraki barak in Afghanistan and Kaniguram in South Waziristan are locations where Burki's/Urmur's are found in large numbers. Similarly Maseeds are found in locations in South Waziristan like Sararogha, Ladha, Makeen and other places. There are also many in Razmak which is in north waziristan... it has a cadet college too that place but Taliban ended up kidnapping all the cadets once... our army can't control the tribes... truly no one can.

BTW @Hyperion aren't you going to ask Webbie to promote me? :D I am as Luffy says a wannabe Pashtun with limited links proper and I know things no other person who isn't from Waziristan knows :P How about my offer of an interview for my book so I can clear a few things (you will be rewarded with a mention in my book) or send a message to webbie for my promotion to Jr think tank.

A serious question , brother !

Is FATA even a part of the country if we cant implement our writ there since 60+ years ! :what: ... What do you mean by nobody can control them ? Cant we educate them , give them their political identity and integrate them with the rest of Pakistan ? It's starting to look like that we have these tribal areas , only for name's sake ... We cant wander in there , My Govt cant properly interfere in the matter and the tribal heads act like gods ... For obvious reasons then , tribes can be manipulated easily then to work against Pakistan ... What is happening there ? There are tribes in other parts of Pakistan too ! But they aren't like that ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom