What's new

Trump team takes issue with Pakistani version of phone talk

While the phone call between the 2 leaders was pleasant and there is no reason to believe that it is a lie, but there was no reason to release the transcript of the call, it's not like he threatened Pak to bomb that country to the stone age. It was just a diplomatic talk and what else our Trump knows other than fantastic, bigly and huge? Russians are fantastic, Indians are fantastic, Pakistanis are fantastic. I don't know why Indians are going all but hurt on this, but what, you thought Trump is your property?

I've heard this before. There is an understanding between diplomats not to lie. pakistani diplomats routinely breach this and that's why no one likes dealing with them.
Mr. expert on diplomacy, which book is that you read about not to lie in diplomacy and has the accounts of all the diplomats, from every country, saying Pakistani diplomats or officials present their discussion to others after distorting their facts or change their account to something else? The name could be something like Diplomacy for beginners while dealing with Pakistan, right?

Do you understand diplomacy? the words do get distorted sometimes and sometimes released as is based on the situation. But you can't change the whole narrative of the discussion you genius. Do you really think Pakistan will distort the discussion of US president to present a favorable view of themselves? (What good will it do to Pakistan BTW?) Is anyone stopping Trump from denying it outright? All media across the world is reporting it as wow, didn't see this coming, he said this about Pakistan, he said that, but he is Trump so how could we tell he would do this. Only newspapers calling it a lie is "Dawn" in Pakistan (obviously) and Indians, so here goes your proof down the drain.

It's been reported in CNN, BBC, New york times, WSJ, Washington post , etc etc etc. and I guess Trump nor any single person on his team reads these papers right? Trump has released his discussion with NS, and has called it productive, do you expect him to say, I talked to Pakistan prime minister and i told him to tell his countrymen that they are fantastic??? What are you guys smoking?

Again this transcript should not have been released as is, just like Trumps press release said, it was a very productive discussion, believe me, this would have caused more curiosity and panic across the border and yet wouldn't have created such a laugh out of this.

Even we fart nighbor smells it did we eat red meat before that or bhaji tarkari:lol:

That protocol was broken is true. Was the substance of the release incorrect as you claim? I think the fact that there has been no refutation or denial by Trump camp confirms the substance of the release was correct.

On the separate claim you make that Pakistan has history above others in breaking diplomatic protocals - I think you need to back that claim since your making it.

And on a separate not I find myself defending Pakistan. I could easily let it pass as I am the biggest critic of some of the direction this country has taken, in paricular the rampant fake Islamism. However deespite this I genuinly believe Pak has recieved a terrible publicity in the Western world and often is the scapegoat for all manner of things. It is the the underdog and I like standing for the underdog.
yes it was read it

The Trump transition team has issued its own version of the Sharif-Trump telephone call, saying that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and US president-elect Donald Trump did have a ‘productive conversation’ on Wednesday, but it lacked the “flowery language” included in the Pakistani version of this talk.

“President-elect Trump and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif spoke … had a productive conversation about how the United States and Pakistan will have a strong working relationship in the future,” said the Trump transition team in a rare readout of his conversation with a foreign leader

http://www.dawn.com/news/1299914/trump-team-takes-issue-with-pakistani-version-of-phone-talk

Did they deny the 'substance' of the relese? No. But that it lacked 'flowery language'.

Dont be dishonest. That the two had a productive discussion and hoped a strong future relation is just formal talk, diplomatic, does not give away anything at all.

The way pakistani side tried to portray it was clearly misleading.

America giving Pakistanis lecture on diplomatic norms

It was a stupid and idiotic move by PM and his media team they're trying to improve his image which has been badly damaged after panama leaks but i don't understand the obsession of our neighbors with this? i mean this issue is between Pak-US who the hell are you people? why don't you just learn to mind your own business?

Finally, yes its indeed, a bi- lateral issue between the U.S.A and Pakistan,and an internal issue for the both.

The citizens of the two countries are fully entitled to criticize/
applaud, as much as would like to. Its their democratic right.

We as foreigners absolutely have no right to indulge in their internal matters,at all. This is the real reality.

LOL..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:... seriously,?? . ........its a high time for Pakistan to get a foreign minister and some good diplomats.. Trump may have said... but there is protocol to follow .. you dont go and release bravado and all tese stupid quotes to the media.........height of stupidity... whoever did that need a class...
I have never seen a more country on foreign policy then pakistan. This is not just one incident, they constantly make errors and the prime reason for the same is they think foreign policy is gali ke dosti. Acchi batin kar li chai pela di ghuma diya aur ksush.

I have never seen a more country on foreign policy then pakistan. This is not just one incident, they constantly make errors and the prime reason for the same is they think foreign policy is gali ke dosti. Acchi batin kar li chai pela di ghuma diya aur ksush.

Have you seen the quality of their diplomats? During the match fixing saga in london, their top diplomat there came out and said to media " i have had a word with the players and they are innocent ".

This seriously happened. He had a word with the players and concluded they were innocent.

What is the big deal with Nawaz Sharif called a guy called Trump
I see no problem folks phone and talk to many folks all the time

Have you seen the quality of their diplomats? During the match fixing saga in london, their top diplomat there came out and said to media " i have had a word with the players and they are innocent ".

This seriously happened. He had a word with the players and concluded they were innocen
t.

IRRELEVANT,in this thread,you are not competent to judge their DIPLOMATS.Its the Pakistanis, the tax payers,who decide what is correct or false,

Indians tax payers,should stick to judge their own Government officials only. Feel free to do so in your Indian forums only.

It's still a lot better than a total fool like the indian foreign secretary who didn't know what he was reading

LOL..:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:... seriously,?? . ........its a high time for Pakistan to get a foreign minister and some good diplomats.. Trump may have said... but there is protocol to follow .. you dont go and release bravado and all tese stupid quotes to the media.........height of stupidity... whoever did that need a class...

I don't know what the big deal is ...the conversation in the transcript is exactly how Trump would have spoken otherwise ...using useless adjectives to describe People, things , nations

Yes yes, a human error is the same as a deliberate action as per our local "pro"!

Back
Top Bottom