What's new

Tree Plantation Drive Along CPEC

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
#PakArmy , #NHA and #CSCEC jointly started planting trees along with #CPEC PKM project (M5 392km #Sukkur to #Multan) motorway.

Dk-qoJAXsAATcKw.jpg

Dk-qpJTWwAELW_R.jpg

Dk-qp5_X4AIm5zR.jpg

Dk-qnLkX0AAEl1E.jpg

The idea is to provide shade and absorb pollution, else every truck driver will pull up for a Nashpati break.

Fruit tree can also absorb pollution and provide shade, let the people have Nashpati breaks - it will be healthy. Imagine if the billions of planned tree by GoP & Military also provide free fruits to people, birds and animals - it will be more beneficial.

Fruit tree can also absorb pollution and provide shade, let the people have Nashpati breaks - it will be healthy. Imagine if the billions of planned tree by GoP & Military also provide free fruits to people, birds and animals - it will be more beneficial.
The idea of fruit trees is great on barren lands but not along the motorway.
On a side note, here in my city, the authorities had to cut down two healthy Pear trees as a pedestrian got struck by a falling Pear and decided to sue the council for health and safety hazard.

Fruit bearing trees require more water and a fertile soil to grow.

What I found from queries is that main reason is cost. So, the authorities opt for one which are cheap and can grow fast. I am not happy with this criteria and short term mindset.

What I found from queries is that main reason is cost. So, the authorities opt for one which are cheap and can grow fast. I am not happy with this criteria and short term mindset.
We are a poor nation and opting to plant trees to counter climate change is a good start in itself.

Fruit trees won't be able to grow and would decay pretty fast cause of lack of care and no fertilizer. Then their is mass pollution to be countered by them on the road sides. Even if they manage to grow falling fruits will create a lot of mess and it won't be picked. The fruit will start rotting which would become a hotbed for bacterial growth thus causing more harm than good.

The basic point of this tree plantation drive is to negate the negative affects of climate change and non fruit bearing trees can do a much better job of that. They grow much bigger which will translate to more leaves and that would lead to more CO2 being converted to oxygen. Bigger trees tend to have much deeper roots as well which prevents soil erosion and reduces the risks of floods.

The idea is to provide shade and absorb pollution, else every truck driver will pull up for a Nashpati break.
Besides pear, plum, peach, apples won't grow in warm Areas.
We need a mix of trees.
Some trees with flowers for pollinator insects. Some with berries for birds. Provides deep shade but looks ornamental too...
The only fruting option is lemon, oranges, mangoes. In this wilderness, they would litter the road and who would pick or clean Fruits. Trees must be selected on the basis of beauty, shade, native, quick growing, less water consuming etc.

I dont think having smoky fruits is healthy in any ways!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom