What's new

Transfer of archaeologist from history-defining Sangam era site leads to uproar in Tamil Nadu

Do you even know Sangam literature?

Other than thirumurugaattu padai, can you even tell me where Murugan, Suvan, Maal are mentioned? Purananooru, akananooru, thirukural.... show me mention of any god name, except saying "god".. no mention of Sivan, etc

Do you know it then? Given how you cannot speak or read Tamil, mighty boastful of you to ask him about Sangam literature, isn't it?

Shiva is not mentioned in Sangam literature? The first Sangam was headed by Shiva, as per Tamil mythical tradition. Do you even know what Agattiyam is or who wrote it?

Do you know what the oldest Tamil literature available is? Tolkappiyam. And it mentions Murugan, Mal, Kali, Indra and Varuna.

Paripadal is about Thirumal. That too is Sangam literature.

You are such a loser troll, who even thought M.Karunanidhi is a Tamil nationalist leader.

Next time you spew of your moronic rants, at least do some research.

The first Sangam was headed by Shiva, as per Tamil mythical tradition

Most literature of the 3rd Tamil academy is not about religion. They are about history and ordinary people. There are a few religious poem anthologies. By the way the name "Tamil sangam" was never used in the literature of that time. That name was given centuries later.

Tolkappiyam. And it mentions Murugan, Mal, Kali, Indra and Varuna.

It mentions but not sing in worship of them. Tholkappiam is not a religious book.

You are such a loser troll, who even thought M.Karunanidhi is a Tamil nationalist leader.

Karunanidhi is a great Tamil national leader. His risked his life to liberate the country in 1975. I will support him to his last days whatever mistakes he made in later days. I do not forget sacrifices people make in defense of their country. Again, Karunanidhi is a great Tamil national leader.

Most literature of the 3rd Tamil academy is not about religion. They are about history and ordinary people. There are a few religious poem anthologies. By the way the name "Tamil sangam" was never used in the literature of that time. That name was given centuries later.

The history talks about Hindu gods. Have you ever read any of them? That history in fact says, Tamil as a language was given by Shiva. And that history also says the Tamil people were deeply devoted to the Hindu gods. The name Tamil Sangam itself was given by Tamils. Doesn't matter which century it was given.

It mentions but not sing in worship of them. Tholkappiam is not a religious book.

Yea. So? Like I said, Tolkappiyam says the Tamil people were deeply devoted to the Hindu gods and each Tinai had a specific deity. Un kooda irukkura tulukkankitta itha sollu. unakku ithu puriyathunnu theriyum. avane vaasichchaannaa, avankitta kelu. Agaththiyar yaaru, Nakkeerar yaaru, Siddhargallaam yaarunnu?
Tolkappiyam is a book on Tamil history and grammar and if the Tolkappiyam says, these deities were very much Tamil, can you deny that?

Karunanidhi is a great Tamil national leader. His risked his life to liberate the country in 1975. I will support him to his last days whatever mistakes he made in later days. I do not forget sacrifices people make in defense of their country. Again, Karunanidhi is a great Tamil national leader.

Tamil dheiyavaadhigal ellorume karunavap paaththu kaarith thuppuraanunga. un kooda irukkaravan confirmed aah Tamil naattuth thulukkan thaan. inadhrogi naaiye. ivan kooda unakku enna da vela?

That is mythology. Not history. Tamil grew at its own. Read

You spoke about Sangam. I told you what the Sangam itself believes about the Tamil language and it's relation to Shiva. So what's the issue here? That, even ancient Tamils believed that their language came from Shiva?

Not a single one of those deities is mentioned in the Vedas. Don't say Sivan in Rudra and Maal is Brahma

Neither are many other modern Hindu deities. Even the modern Shiva of Hinduism has close resemblance with Shiva worshipped by Tamils, than the minor Rig Vedic deity Rudra. Case Closed. Hinduism is essentially a Tamil religion.

Btw Maal is Brahma? Go research it again troll. Such a pathetic troll you are. Thirumaalnaa yaarudaa? Brahmava? Avlothaan theriyumaa unakku?

Will Modi, Subramanyam Swamy, Yogi agree to that in writing?

Are they the sole owners of Hinduism? They are Hindus as much as us Tamils are. Their culture has contributed to Hinduism as much as we did.

Are they the sole owners of Hinduism? They are Hindus as much as us Tamils are. Their culture has contributed to Hinduism as much as we did.

Answer my question. Will Modi, Subramanyam Swamy, Yogi agree in writing that Hinduism originated in Tamil Nadu and the Vedic religion adopted it?

Answer my question. Will Modi, Subramanyam Swamy, Yogi agree in writing that Hinduism originated in Tamil Nadu and the Vedic religion adopted it?

Answer my question. Are you ready to agree here that the Hindu gods were worshipped by Tamils all along and they became part of the wide Hindu pantheon in the same time so many other aspects from other local traditions were borrowed to form common deities?

Answer my question. Are you ready to agree here that the Hindu gods were worshipped by Tamils all along and they became part of the wide Hindu pantheon in the same time so many other aspects from other local traditions were borrowed to form common deities?

Tamils worshipped Sivan, Maal, Murugan,... during the Third Tamil Academy days 2000 years ago. They are not called Hindu gods. The name Hindu originated in the north. These northeners said your Sivan is Rudra, etc and called Tamils Hindus. Tamil religion of the Third Tamil Academy did not have caste system at all.

Will Modi, Subramanyam Swamy, Yogi admit to these facts openly and publicly?

Last edited:
Tamils worshipped Sivan, Maal, Murugan,... during the Third Tamil Academy days 2000 years ago. They are not called Hindu gods. The name Hindu originated in the north. These northeners said your Sivan is Rudra, etc and called Tamils Hindus. Tamil religion of the Third Tamil Academy did not have caste system at all.

So Tamils are Hindus aren't they? Even Northerners were called Hindus by the ancient Persians. So that word did not originate in the north either. Btw, did you know that the word Tamil also originated from the North?

Essentially, Tamils and Northerners share a religious philosophy and practice. So all Hinduism is the same. Kashmir Shaivism is the same as Tamil Saiva Siddhantha. Adi Shankara introduced Tamil/Kerala traditions to the North. So we have a unifying religion and culture. Pity you cannot understand all this by sitting in Pakistan and simply googling. Understand this troll. Hinduism is what you get when the deities of all local cultures are accepted into one pantheon while having a unifying philosophy albeit with regional variations, still professing the same idea. Castes were prevalent in ancient Tamil region as well. Read some Tamil history rather than simply googling.

Think of it like Judaism, Christianity and Islam all agreeing on monotheism but also on the deities. Hinduism is different because it not only agrees on the philosophy but also on the deities and traditions. So Modi, Swamy or anybody agreeing or not will make no difference for use Hindus because to a Hindu, Varanasi is as sacred as Rameshwaram is and Agamas are as sacred as Vedas are. That's what the Sidhdhars sang about.

did you know that the word Tamil also originated from the North?

WRONG. The word Tamil did not originate in the north. Read Devaneya Pavanan's Thamizh Mozhi Varalaru.

Castes were prevalent in ancient Tamil region as well

No. Birth-based caste system is alien to Tamils.

Will Modi, Subramanyam Swamy, Yogi agree that caste system as practiced in Hinduism of today is wrong and condemn it openly and publicly?

WRONG. The word Tamil did not originate in the north. Read Devaneya Pavanan's Thamizh Mozhi Varalaru.

He is called Devaneya Paavanar. Not Devaneya Paavanan. You are such an idiot that you felt the need to question why @Rajaraja Chola did not add 'n' suffix, but you did not even know that calling Paavanar as Paavanan is extremely disrespectful. Half-knowledge can only get you thus far. I bet you thought, every Tamil name ends with an 'n', don't you, you silly troll?

Anyway, Paavanar is not a historian. He is a linguist and he has some conspiracy theories like Lemuria kandam and such. So, his opinions don't count when serious historians have provided the actual etymology for the word Tamil.

And, birth based caste system was in Tamil Nadu as well. Read history. Stop trolling. I am bored now.

He is called Devaneya Paavanar. Not Devaneya Paavanan. You are such an idiot that you felt the need to question why @Rajaraja Chola did not add 'n' suffix, but you did not even know that calling Paavanar as Paavanan is extremely disrespectful. Half-knowledge can only get you thus far. I bet you thought, every Tamil name ends with an 'n', don't you, you silly troll?

Anyway, Paavanar is not a historian. He is a linguist and he has some conspiracy theories like Lemuria kandam and such. So, his opinions don't count when serious historians have provided the actual etymology for the word Tamil.

And, birth based caste system was in Tamil Nadu as well. Read history. Stop trolling. I am bored now.
do you realize that ur responding to a false flagger. Instead of responding throw him some tamil slang words that cannot be translated by google, you will get to know who he is.

Back
Top Bottom