What's new

Toxic Alcohol claims 18 lives in Pakistan

Let them die,

they know its illegal, no one forced them to do it

Its an internal matter of Pakistan. I see you are being nosey, obsessed with Pakistan actually...lol

Alcohol production needs to be banned, Christians are allowed to drink Alcohol, we need to ban Alcohol on them too.
how will you stop people from making such illegal drink at home and dying.

But Jesus and other old prophet didn't asked ppl to abstain from it.. :laughcry:

As I know Adam to Muhhamad there were many prophets. Why Allah didn't asked other prophets to abstain from Alcohol?? Look like He forgot.. :P

What's Wrong With Alcohol - YouTube

-
-
-

Anti-oxidant attributed for "good" effects of red wine don't come from alcohol-part rather from red-grape juice. Those anti-oxidants can be had in even more quantities by having just the red grapes. Alcohol in "ANY" quantity is carcinogen.
=
Alcohol Can Cause A Cancer For Women - YouTube

-
-
-

More inebriants anyone??? Marijuana!! alcohol?? No...!!!
=
Mother Drives With 5-Week-Old On Top Of Car - YouTube

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------

& by-the-way, discussion on alcohol often goes hand-in-hand with one on pork :)
Sooo...

Deuteronomy 14:8:The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

Leviticus:11:7:-
And the swine, though it divides the hoof, and is cloven footed, yet it chews not the cud; it is unclean to you.

New Testament:(Not "fulfilled"):
Luke:8:::

30:And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

31 And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
=

http://youtu.be/Urzc8Zb9QVM

There are probably even more videos and reasons why coffee is bad, as is tobacco. One can cherry pick all he/she wants - but some of the most developed nations consume alcohol. It really has little impact on anyone else other than the person doing it. It will not turn everyone into criminal drunkards. And if you have a tourism industry, you simply need it period. Turkey, Spain would not be as popular as a destinations if it was banned.

But either way, drugs are pretty rampant in Pakistan anyway - so people have other means to attain a high.

%age wise relative to total population, drug use in Pakistan does NOT even come near the level of drug use in Canada. So feel free to shut up about that. You don't smell pot walking by every third restaurant in Pakistan, which is the case in Canada.

That being said, coffee does not cause rape & traffic accidents. & ur statement that "It really has little impact on anyone else other than the person doing it" shows either u are drugged up like many Canadian are -or- are highly out of touch with stats...

So much for ur presumed "Little impact" on others:

Heavy drinking stats Canada
5 million+ are heavy drinkers in a country of 33 million...

47,000 Canadian deaths are linked to substance abuse annually.

83% of Ontario students in grade 12 drink alcohol.

police reported 90,277 impaired driving incidents in Canada in 2011

http://www.cpha.ca/en/portals/substance/article01.aspx
alcohol-related violence and accidents account for approximately 6000 deaths per year in Canada.

http://www.madd.ca/madd2/en/services/youth_services_statistics.html
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among 15 to 25 year olds, and alcohol is a factor in 50% of those crashes.

Alcohol causes 2.5 million deaths a year: WHO

Ok whatever dude. Germany, Belgium, Canada, Japan, etc all have no ban on alcohol, and are functioning waay better than nations that do.

So keep harping the same rubbish - the HDI paints a different picture.

Not that I care what an Islamic republic does- but to paint all social ills on drinking is pretty dumb, especially when the largest consumer of beer is the nation giving you soft loans.

Neither did I allege that carcinogen(alcohol) for "ALL" social ills... nor are those nations doing way better because they have made alcohol permissible. There are million other factors.

But Jesus and other old prophet didn't asked ppl to abstain from it.. :laughcry:

As I know Adam to Muhhamad there were many prophets. Why Allah didn't asked other prophets to abstain from Alcohol?? Look like He forgot.. :P

There is no evidence of Alcohol in the time of Adam......:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

-
-
-

Anti-oxidant attributed for "good" effects of red wine don't come from alcohol-part rather from red-grape juice. Those anti-oxidants can be had in even more quantities by having just the red grapes. Alcohol in "ANY" quantity is carcinogen.
=

-
-
-

=

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------

Sooo...

Deuteronomy 14:8:The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.

And the swine, though it divides the hoof, and is cloven footed, yet it chews not the cud; it is unclean to you.

30:And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

31 And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
=

Why Pork is forbidden even in Bible? - YouTube

There are probably even more videos and reasons why coffee is bad, as is tobacco. One can cherry pick all he/she wants - but some of the most developed nations consume alcohol. It really has little impact on anyone else other than the person doing it. It will not turn everyone into criminal drunkards. And if you have a tourism industry, you simply need it period. Turkey, Spain would not be as popular as a destinations if it was banned.

But either way, drugs are pretty rampant in Pakistan anyway - so people have other means to attain a high.

This Kuppi and Tharra are available because Scotch, Whisky and Single malt Whiskey are not available in Pakistan. Better Pakistan govt sell it.. In India these alcoholic beverage are sold , still I don't drink...

Alcohol was discovered by Muslim (As they claim, I believe Alcoholic drinks were available much before Islam was founded, by the way we will discuss it later).

We will discuss it later.. Trust me I am dying to see u in relevant thread.. :P . I will destroy your logic, I will illuminate you with truth..
@RazPaK and @springOnion has ran away from discussion.. Hope we will meet in relevant thread..
@Topic: I am for sell for alcohol in Pakistan, Religious ppl will abstain from it. At the same time Pak govt should destroy killer alcohol.

Alcohol was first discovered by muslim but that doesnt mean anything. Alcohol have alot of uses apart from drinking. Before that alcohol was not used in drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alcohol was first discovered by muslim but that doesnt mean anything. Alcohol have alot of uses apart from drinking. Before that alcohol was not used in drinks.

Alcohol was used as solvent in chemical experiments and many people were trying to mutate ordinary elements into gold as part of Alchemy (or Al-Chemiya), the root of modern Chemistry.

-
-
-

=

-
-
-

=

----------------------
----------------------
----------------------

Sooo...

=

Why Pork is forbidden even in Bible? - YouTube

Drug use in Pakistan does NOT even come near the level of drug use in Canada. So feel free to shut up about that. You don't smell pot walking by every third restaurant in Pakistan, which is the case in Canada.

That being said, coffee does not cause rape & traffic accidents. & ur statement that "It really has little impact on anyone else other than the person doing it" shows either u are drugged up like many Canadian are -or- are highly out of touch with stats...

So much for ur presumed "Little impact" on others:

Heavy drinking stats Canada
5 million+ are heavy drinkers in a country of 33 million...

47,000 Canadian deaths are linked to substance abuse annually.

83% of Ontario students in grade 12 drink alcohol.

police reported 90,277 impaired driving incidents in Canada in 2011

Canadian Public Health Association - Alcohol and your health: less is more when it comes to healthy living
alcohol-related violence and accidents account for approximately 6000 deaths per year in Canada.

MADD Canada -Statistics
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among 15 to 25 year olds, and alcohol is a factor in 50% of those crashes.

Alcohol causes 2.5 million deaths a year: WHO

Ok whatever dude. Germany, Belgium, Canada, Japan, etc all have no ban on alcohol, and are functioning waay better than nations that do.

So keep harping the same rubbish - the HDI paints a different picture.

Not that I care what an Islamic republic does- but to paint all social ills on drinking is pretty dumb, especially when the largest consumer of beer is the nation giving you soft loans.

Lets first start by allowing cow slaughter in the whole of india, allowing sale and purchase of cow meat for everyone to consume, what's wrong with eating and selling cow meat? india is not a land of conceited, narrow-minded, religious extremists living in caves, worshipping cows and "cleansing" their homes and souls with cow pee.

Easy solution, allow alcohol to be sold in market. Whats wrong in selling good quality alcohol?? Pakistan is not land of Gandhi..

there is no ad for alcohol in many places where it is popular... people drink because we have been doing it for thousands of years long before anybody claimed god told him not to.
Its just another adult beverage, I hate coffee, get sick everytime I drink but some enjoy it.

Buddy thats what they said about the tobacco industry for years until they realized the tobacco ads were fueling tobacco addiction hence the world ban's on tobacco ads. It may be some people have been drinking alcohol for centuries but it doesnt mean its the best thing that happened to civilization :) As I said in my first post leave religion out of it think of it from a social and medical perspective, why drag religion in to every discussion :)

Buddy thats what they said about the tobacco industry for years until they realized the tobacco ads were fueling tobacco addiction hence the world ban's on tobacco ads. It may be some people have been drinking alcohol for centuries but it doesnt mean its the best thing that happened to civilization :) As I said in my first post leave religion out of it think of it from a social and medical perspective, why drag religion in to every discussion :)
sorry, I should not have brought religion to it, but did because others were talking about it.
From social and medical perspective, moderate drinking is not so bad, its very good for socialization, meeting people and having a good life together.
Most people here live a good and healthy life, only few binge drink and spoil their organs.
Another thing, stopping liquor creates mafia, which can ruin your society(and govt). Also gives rise to tragedy like this. Others have tried and failed to stop it, why do you think you can.

sorry, I should not have brought religion to it, but did because others were talking about it.
From social and medical perspective, moderate drinking is not so bad, its very good for socialization, meeting people and having a good life together.
Most people here live a good and healthy life, only few binge drink and spoil their organs.
Another thing, stopping liquor creates mafia, which can ruin your society(and govt). Also gives rise to tragedy like this. Others have tried and failed to stop it, why do you think you can.

Yes buddy I would mostly agree with you. I've seen the effects of alcohol on so many of my friends over the years hence my eventual aversion to it but its just my personal opinion I dont intend on changing the world so to speak :) other than joining the Drive Alive campaign here.

Yes buddy I would mostly agree with you. I've seen the effects of alcohol on so many of my friends over the years hence my eventual aversion to it but its just my personal opinion I dont intend on changing the world so to speak :) other than joining the Drive Alive campaign here.
yeah, I mean drinking and driving is terrible thing to do. Unlike other drugs and even cigarettes whose effect we clearly known to be bad, alcohol is a tolerable drink for society. I am not saying it should be promoted by govt, rather it should be controlled so that those who can drink responsiblly and have good life (Vast majority of responsible adults) can do so. Those who have problem with addiction should stay away from it.

Back
Top Bottom