Toxic Alcohol claims 18 lives in Pakistan

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
In the holy Month ... and Muslims too ?

Toxic alcohol claims 18 lives in Pakistan

At least 18 people have died and dozens more fallen ill after drinking contaminated alcohol in Pakistan, officials said.

The victims, believed to be mostly Muslim and Christian labourers, consumed the toxic drink at two parties in the central city of Faisalabad.

Only non-Muslims are allowed to buy and consume alcohol in Pakistan, but many people illegally brew alcohol at home.

The provincial governor has ordered an inquiry into the incident.

Victims fainted after drinking the alcohol at a birthday party and another private event in Faisalabad, authorities said.

Most reportedly died before they could be rushed to hospital.

“The death toll from the two parties has reached 18,” senior police official Javed Ahmed Khan told the AFP news agency.

“Around two dozens others are heavily affected by the toxic liquor and battling for consciousness.”

Drinkers often buy illegal liquor because legal wine shops are closed during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan.

Locally brewed alcohol has been traditionally available in two forms – kuppi and tharra- in Pakistan.

Buyers are said to often mix the two, leading to a more potentially lethal drink.

Meh. This is pretty common, actually. The uncle of an old school-mate of mine died from the same cause. If I remember correctly, we even have a name for home-brewn alcohol. It's called "kuppi" if I am not wrong.

Easy solution, allow alcohol to be sold in market. Whats wrong in selling good quality alcohol?? Pakistan is not land of Gandhi..

local manufactured wine is called "kupi"
which is made by spirit
2nd shameful act by Muslims who died
in this month such type of act is totally condemn

Easy solution, allow alcohol to be sold in market. Whats wrong in selling good quality alcohol?? Pakistan is not land of Gandhi..
Pakistan is not also land of hindus

My neighbor had his cousin come over from london. He was with his friends and drank few bottles. It reacted and he went in coma. This happened in 1999. He is still in a state of coma because the alcohol screwed up with his brain. Good thing he didnt die but its sad to see what state he is in. British govt actually sent an air ambulance to pakistan just to pick him up. Even the best doctors in UK cant cure the problem. They made a hole in his throat and now he is fed from through it.

My neighbor had his cousin come over from london. He was with his friends and drank few bottles. It reacted and he went in coma. This happened in 1999. He is still in a state of coma because the alcohol screwed up with his brain. Good thing he didnt die but its sad to see what state he is in. British govt actually sent an air ambulance to pakistan just to pick him up. Even the best doctors in UK cant cure the problem. They made a hole in his throat and now he is fed from through it.

This Kuppi and Tharra are available because Scotch, Whisky and Single malt Whiskey are not available in Pakistan. Better Pakistan govt sell it.. In India these alcoholic beverage are sold , still I don't drink...

Alcohol was discovered by Muslim (As they claim, I believe Alcoholic drinks were available much before Islam was founded, by the way we will discuss it later).

Pakistan is not also land of hindus

We will discuss it later.. Trust me I am dying to see u in relevant thread.. :P . I will destroy your logic, I will illuminate you with truth..
@RazPaK and @springOnion has ran away from discussion.. Hope we will meet in relevant thread..
@Topic: I am for sell for alcohol in Pakistan, Religious ppl will abstain from it. At the same time Pak govt should destroy killer alcohol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaving aside the religious angle I dont see the attraction of alcohol consumption. To me its a similar social issue as narcotics except perhaps the effects are visible more long term.

Any Muslim who drinks Alcohol should take a good look at his/her life and figure out what is wrong with them. There is a reason why Allah swt wants you to stay away from this Pollutant.

Leaving aside the religious angle I dont see the attraction of alcohol consumption. To me its a similar social issue as narcotics except perhaps the effects are visible more long term.

That is your thinking.. limited alcohol consumption doesn't harm.. Only problem is addiction... :P

"I will illuminate you with truth" - You can't. It is easy to wake up a man who is sleeping. Nearly impossible to wake up a man who is pretending to sleep. :toast_sign:
This Kuppi and Tharra are available because Scotch, Whisky and Single malt Whiskey are not available in Pakistan. Better Pakistan govt sell it.. In India these alcoholic beverage are sold , still I don't drink...

Alcohol was discovered by Muslim (As they claim, I believe Alcoholic drinks were available much before Islam was founded, by the way we will discuss it later).

We will discuss it later.. Trust me I am dying to see u in relevant thread.. :P . I will destroy your logic, I will illuminate you with truth..
@RazPaK and @springOnion has ran away from discussion.. Hope we will meet in relevant thread..
@Topic: I am for sell for alcohol in Pakistan, Religious ppl will abstain from it. At the same time Pak govt should destroy killer alcohol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Muslim who drinks Alcohol should take a good look at his/her life and figure out what is wrong with them. There is a reason why Allah swt wants you to stay away from this Pollutant.

But Jesus and other old prophet didn't asked ppl to abstain from it.. :laughcry:

As I know Adam to Muhhamad there were many prophets. Why Allah didn't asked other prophets to abstain from Alcohol?? Look like He forgot.. :P

That is your thinking.. limited alcohol consumption doesn't harm.. Only problem is addiction... :P

Agreed on both counts and as I said to me Alcohol is a huge social ill and its only made "glorified" due to ads/marketing and incorrect perceptions. But then each to their own :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom