What's new

Total Tally of Taliban's New Arsenal!

The Chinese have in the last 20 years started dumping billions into R&D in various sectors of technology. Give it another 10-15 years and they’ll be positioned much better even though right now their are pretty ahead of the game. Remember the Russians had from 1940s to present to building their arms industry and tech related to engines etc. the Chinese opened up in the 70s.

The issue on hand was to make the American heli's and aircraft working. The person claimed it can happen today with the "Chinese factories" so advanced to procure parts when their own military is forced to use Russian jets, designs and parts. I understand any nation would gain experience overtime and build stuff but that wasn't the discussion.

The issue on hand was to make the American heli's and aircraft working. The person claimed it can happen today with the "Chinese factories" so advanced to procure parts when their own military is forced to use Russian jets, designs and parts. I understand any nation would gain experience overtime and build stuff but that wasn't the discussion.

Im sure if given the opportunity they can do a rudimentary copy of parts but not up to par with US Metallurgical know how at present.

Common man, who are you fooling? If the Chinese factories were so advanced, Pakistan and many other nations wouldn't have to be waiting with their 50 year old Cobras to be upgraded by the US!

Similarly, if you were so advanced, your own PLAAF wouldn't be desperate to field fighters right now with Russian engines, you'd have built and deployed your own. So let's stop the propaganda. Realize before posting such none sense stuff that people on here might know a thing or two!
Don't be angry. You don't understand because you don't understand the structure of top manufacturing enterprises. Let me explain it to you in detail.

Don't be angry. You don't understand because you don't understand the structure of top manufacturing enterprises. Let me explain it to you in detail.

I'm not angry. I don't like silly propaganda either. Your military leadership is very angry because these "factories" don't produce jet engines that are needed. Go fix your national issue, before you start to produce US engines for a few dozen heli's in Afg.

Ex ANA servicemen will fly these aerial platforms along side with the talibans infact in an year time, talibans will be trained by ANA as well. Humvees, Pick ups, Maxx Pro are already been used by the talibans for the last few years in many districts.
Mi 17 may be as russian trained afghans basic maintaince
Black hawks nope..the afghans werent trained to maintain those

The maxx pro humvee is low tech pretty sure talis will be ablw to use these but they are fuel guzzlers..i doubt talis will use them over the pick ups

I wonder if usa will mind if pakistan get those maxproo

Common man, who are you fooling? If the Chinese factories were so advanced, Pakistan and many other nations wouldn't have to be waiting with their 50 year old Cobras to be upgraded by the US!

Similarly, if you were so advanced, your own PLAAF wouldn't be desperate to field fighters right now with Russian engines, you'd have built and deployed your own. So let's stop the propaganda. Realize before posting such none sense stuff that people on here might know a thing or two!

1, I didn't say all the parts. I said "except individual parts such as helicopter engine." Helicopter engines can only be manufactured by AVIC.
IMG_20210901_084517.jpg

2, In addition to core parts, there are indeed thousands of factories that can manufacture other parts.

3, I come from Zhuzhou Cemented Carbide Group Co., Ltd (ZCC), a world-class manufacturing enterprise mainly engaged in cemented carbide.
I can introduce the production structure of our company to let you understand why so many factories can manufacture parts.

4. ZCC is in Zhuzhou, Hunan, China. Zhuzhou's factory produces more than 14.5% of cemented carbide products in the word market, of which 90% are produced by ZCC.
In addition to ZCC, There are also 120 medium-sized cemented carbide factories in Zhuzhou, including 61 with annual sales of more than 100 million CNY (US $16 million).
https://www.sohu.com/a/330549538_100176237

mmexport1630456864583.jpg

Most of these factories rely on ZCC for survival and have a deep relationship with ZCC. ZCC is responsible for technical research, equipment upgrading, industrial chain construction, etc., and many orders received by ZCC will be subcontracted to these factories. Because it can save cost, time or other reasons. For example, making large cemented carbide balls requires hot isostatic pressing process, and the cost of one-time isostatic pressing is very high. If the order is not large enough, ZCC often subcontracts to other factories.

5, Wait a minute. I'll take the manufacturer of 054A as an example.

Those are civilian versions, and these factories have sales licenses.

Do you really think the Chinese government will allow a Chinese citizen to bring foreign weapons into China?

Well, first of all, let's not discuss whether Hummer is an arms or not. Suppose the Chinese government allows citizens to buy it.
Any model running on Chinese roads must be approved by the Ministry of transportation, and Hummer is not on the audit list.
In addition, every vehicle in China must have vehicle electronic information, vehicle purchase invoice, insurance resume, etc. I don't think the Taliban can provide legal documents.

Last edited:
1, I didn't say all the parts. I said "except individual parts such as helicopter engine." Helicopter engines can only be manufactured by AVIC.

2, In addition to core parts, there are indeed thousands of factories that can manufacture other parts.

3, I come from Zhuzhou Cemented Carbide Group Co., Ltd (ZCC), a world-class manufacturing enterprise mainly engaged in cemented carbide.
I can introduce the production structure of our company to let you understand why so many factories can manufacture parts.

4. ZCC is in Zhuzhou, Hunan, China. Zhuzhou's factory produces more than 14.5% of cemented carbide products in the word market, of which 90% are produced by ZCC.
In addition to ZCC, There are also 120 medium-sized cemented carbide factories in Zhuzhou, including 61 with annual sales of more than 100 million CNY (US $16 million).
https://www.sohu.com/a/330549538_100176237

View attachment 774673

Most of these factories rely on ZCC for survival and have a deep relationship with ZCC. ZCC is responsible for technical research, equipment upgrading, industrial chain construction, etc., and many orders received by ZCC will be subcontracted to these factories. Because it can save cost, time or other reasons. For example, making large cemented carbide balls requires hot isostatic pressing process, and the cost of one-time isostatic pressing is very high. If the order is not large enough, ZCC often subcontracts to other factories.

5, Wait a minute. I'll take the manufacturer of 054A as an example.

Those are civilian versions, and these factories have sales licenses.

Do you really think the Chinese government will allow a Chinese citizen to bring foreign weapons into China?

Well, first of all, let's not discuss whether Hummer is an arms or not. Suppose the Chinese government allows citizens to buy it.
Any model running on Chinese roads must be approved by the Ministry of transportation, and Hummer is not on the audit list.
In addition, every vehicle in China must have vehicle electronic information, vehicle purchase invoice, insurance resume, etc. I don't think the Taliban can provide legal documents.

Look, it's very simple. Truth hurts. How about you be kind and first fix your military's engine problems along with advanced metallurgy issues. When that's done, PM me here and then we can continue this discussion as I'd have credible details to believe what's being discussed here, is possible. Thanks

View attachment 774005

Doesn't account for the Bio-metric data that was captured along with the devices.

I was right. Everyone on the social media just found high level details and jumped on the horse for a ride. Per the GAO, only $ 18 billion was spent on "arms" for ANA, out of the $ 83 billion high level number ($ 4.8+ billion per year), including infrastructure, hiring, training, exercises, salaries, benefits and then weapons. From $ 18 billion weapons, a lot of weapons have been used since 2001 and near it's shelf lives and will become scrap metal soon while a lot of weapons, transportation equipment already has and are parked or thrown in storage / junk yards across major airports for spares.

So if one asks me to take a wild guess, I'd say roughly 25%+- of the above listed weapons may be in Talibans hands. And please don't take it easy to digest, that's still a lot. For example, from 16k NV's, even 4K NV's, 5k Humvees and 2K trucks, 90k assault rifles and 15K machineguns (@ 25%) are a LOT for a militia organization like the Taliban. With that immediate fall of the ANA, a well equipped military was born overnight.

U.S. de-operationalized all military aircrafts/Helicopters(used for transport mostly) on the military side of HKIA before leaving.

U.S. de-operationalized all military aircrafts/Helicopters(used for transport mostly) on the military side of HKIA before leaving.

Yes, 73 military aircraft were present in an around HKIA. All have been thoroughly Disabled by the leaving Coaltion/US forces (According to CENTCOM). You can see the damage in the pictures.
I saw one of the The C-130 has a destroyed prop and is titled to one side as the left landing gear is out, among other things, all the UH60 helicopters have had holes drilled into their airframes, tucanos have had their cockpits destroyed etc. The only aircraft Taliban have are the ones they got from elsewhere, bagram, Mizari-sharif etc.
However the armory at HKIA was not emptied and has thousands of firearms still inside.

Pakistan order should be

1. 5000 humvees
2. 3000 trucks
3. 350 M1117
4. 100 mine vehicles
5. 30000 machine guns
6. 20000 radios
7. 100000 Assult rifles
8. 15 MI17 HELIS
9. 14 BLACK HAWKS
10. 2 C130
11. 10000 night vision
That will be a major upgrade to Pak army
Offer taliban training over 5 years and 200 million in cash .......

Back
Top Bottom