What's new

Total Tally of Taliban's New Arsenal!

It would be difficult to get post purchase support and maintenance from USA for us.
Pretty sure we have the capability to maintain helicopters. Its not that hard. Its normal for Farmers here in the US to have their own helicopters to survey the fields.
22k Humvees and 8k trucks seems like an exaggerated number along with 358K assault rifles (there were a total of 300K Afghan military personal including well over 100K of Police, Paramilitary's, etc. and this 100+K don't use assault rifles). Similarly. 169 artillery and 169 APC seems like a lower number.

But there is no doubt, the US equipment left for the Afghan army, created a whole new well equipped military overnight and all recent equipment.

Would Pakistan need US's approval to buy the Black Hawks? That would make a lot of sense as otherwise, these will become scrap metal in a few years. The new regime can use the Russian heli's and equipment with ease.
They should send Beto O Rouke to confiscate the weapons from the Taliban

There is a lot of misinformation out there. No way to verify these numbers.

In 1984, China bought 24 Black Hawk.
In 1989, the USA banned the sale of Black Hawk parts to China.
Now there are still 20 Black Hawk in service in China.

Because China can make parts.
even the engine?

even the engine?

I don't know if the China Black Hawk has changed its engine, but they're really great. They have been in service for 37 years and can still be used.
Four China Black Hawks have crashed, but it's not a quality problem.
These Black Hawk crashed during the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake. At that time, the weather was bad, thunderstorms, heavy rain, strong winds, late at night, aftershocks, mountain flying and Black Hawks took off by force.
At that time, PLA was expected that there would be a plane crash, but they have no choice.

Last edited:
Humvees do not handle IEDs AT ALL. They'd be nothing different than an armored hilux which is useless against an IED as well.

Buying these goodies from Taliban means needing to maintain them which we can't.

Reason:

1: A lot of cost for maintenance.
2: US won't sell spares and such vehicles require extensive maintenance.
3: Turkey won't help us maintain them. They don't wanna get sanctioned for such a petty thing.

So guys, stop dreaming. It will be useless for Taliban too if US doesn't supply them with parts and service support. China is their option but yet again, it depends if China can produce parts for MaxxPro or Humvees.
China produces humvees so China definitely has parts.

Very sensible post. Just like the Turkey, the Chinese won't start a manufacturing line just to support Taliban's 170 Maxpros. I can assure you of that. So many of these weapon systems will work until they start breaking down and then will be sold as scrap metal. The US in no way will work with Taliban to further arm or strengthen them (unless some weird deal to fight ISIS takes place) there have been articles since yesterday that Taliban uncomfortably have become the first line of defense now against ISIS due to the total collapse of the Afghan army. So who knows. Trump administration tried to speak to Taliban so in love and war, all is allowed. May be Biden administration will find common ground with the Talibans against terrorists from ISIS, that's a true and present danger to the world.
I think Russia or Iran would be interested in some maxpros to try to reverse engineer. China already has something similar so China won't be as interested.

I think Russia or Iran would be interested in some maxpros to try to reverse engineer. China already has something similar so China won't be as interested.

I doubt it. Countries reverse engineer strategic items. A vehicle with protective chassis isn't that big of a deal. Neither the Russians or Iranians seem to have an issue requiring such vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom