#5: JTF2 (Joint Task Force 2) - Canada
#4: Delta Force - USA
#3: Alpha Group - Russia
#2: Navy Seals - USA
#1: SAS - UK

Last edited:
Do we have to have one freaking "Top Ten" list every week

Do we have to have one freaking "Top Ten" list every week

Nobody is forcing you to watch it, if you dont like it ignore it like dozens of daily threads.
The reason for posting this video is that they added SSG in this list we dont see very often on american Youtube channels.

God help us if people rely on YouTube op-eds to gauge the capabilities of elite (and highly secretive) military formations.

God help us if people rely on YouTube op-eds to gauge the capabilities of elite (and highly secretive) military formations.

Actually, the real most badass ones are the ones we have never heard about.

:lol: The video says JW Grom, but the patch on the "Grom" soldiers is that of JW Komandosów - JWK.

Whoops.
Capture1.JPG

25426.jpg

JW Formoza has a patch that's similar to JWK.
25427.jpg

Members of JW Grom don't typically wear patches. If they do at all, it's on the helmet, as this GROM member shows.
Capture.JPG

Typically you don't see patches worn by Grom though.
9275.jpg

And who trains Polish Special Operations, GROM included?
5256.jpg

Norwegians. Go figure.
tkcr14R5956.t5320227a.m1600.x7f82bed6.jpg

Everyone always overlooks the Norwegians.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, the real most badass ones are the ones we have never heard about.
That would be ME. You do not want to mess with me, buddy. For starter, I know marital arts...er...I mean martial arts...that not even Asians can pronounce.

But seriously, the phrase 'special forces' have been tossed around carelessly.

In the US military, there is only one 'Special Forces' group, and that is the US Army's Special Forces, aka the 'Green Berets'. By the way, SF-ers do not like that label. They will patiently tolerate civilians using 'Green Berets', but they will correct any military member who calls them that.

Other famous groups like SEAL or Rangers are correctly called 'Special Operations' groups. SO groups take existing skill sets and expand them to absurd proportions. The Rangers could be called 'extreme infantry'. The USAF's Combat Controllers are 'extreme air traffic controllers', Pararescue are 'extreme medics' except that they are not true medics under the Geneva Conventions but line combatants with extreme combat medical training.

What make the US Army's SF group truly a 'special forces' label is that their skill sets contains skills that are outside the standard US Army skill sets. For example, you do not need to be multi-lingual to be a Ranger, but you have to be multi-lingual to be an SF-er. You do not have to be familiar with local and global politics to be a SEAL, but must to be an SF-er.

All these images seems to denote extremes of basic combat skill sets, which make the unit more like 'special operations' groups, than 'special forces'.

All these images seems to denote extremes of basic combat skill sets, which make the unit more like 'special operations' groups, than 'special forces'
finally someone said it
i was becoming frustrated by these misconceptions people have

need SSG to conduct "behind enemy lines" missions. Too much COIN already.

Back
Top Bottom