What's new

Too many mosques, legislation needed

Kalima ... Namaz... roza.... zakat .... hajj

Why you forgot them ?

Which one of these "farz" is jihad? See, what I am saying about the Islam of our fathers and mothers and this new Islam imported from the Whabi of Arabia -- by the way do some research and you will see that these people did two Jihad against Muslims of Arabia - So one Islam is Dawa, and la Iqrah fid deen -- and the other is Islam of more than 5 pillars and submission on pain of death -- How can these two things be the same thing???

Sir I am not talking about those 4 people I am talking about other 4 people also in the time of madina many people were killed for blashmey

Which one of these "farz" is jihad? See, what I am saying about the Islam of our fathers and mothers and this new Islam imported from the Whabi of Arabia -- by the way do some research and you will see that these people did two Jihad against Muslims of Arabia - So one Islam is Dawa, and la Iqrah fid deen -- and the other is Islam of more than 5 pillars and submission on pain of death -- How can these two things be the same thing???
Sir Jihad is Farz e Kafaya their are many things farz on Muslims other than those 5 pillars these pillars are the basic but Islam is not limited to these 5 pillars

I dont think we are on the same wavelength.... I did not quote Jihad as a pillar of faith.

Dear members,

I am just pointing out a very important aspect of our society, which in my view remained under gross negligence. That is the Number of mosques in every Area.

I am not aware what procedure is followed while allowing construction of any mosque. I mean whether population of area is considered or not. As it is observed that most of the times (except jumma prayers) all the mosques lie vacant, just 1, 2 or 3 lines get filled.

Like in my own area there are around 7 mosques. considering the population, the number of mosques is almost 3 times higher than required.

Another issue is the construction of mega mosques, i mean high capacity mosques like we have Faisal Mosque in Islamabad, which i think never got filled, which just made it a picnic point rather than the mosque. Even a safe place for couples to visit there.

Now:
- Do we really need a Huge Number of mosques?

- Can a legislation be made for restricting the number of mosques considering the Sq. KM area.

- before allowing construction of additional mosques, it should be made mandatory to prove that the mosque already in the area remains full / out of space.

What are your views.

Buddies we Muslims have offer our prayers five times a day and all you know that how much importance is given to NAMAZ but unfortunately all we do is to discuss unnecessary issue which have nothing to with Islam..
Nobody, Nobody emphasizes on the importance of Namaz.. I mean How many of us in this forum offer their prayers regularly five times a day???? A very few people.. and it is a shame ..

As in the post it is mentioned that "Except JUMA Prayer" ......!!!
My question is where these people come from at the day of JUMA ..!!!:undecided:
Means they know the importance of Juma prayer only...

All i am trying to say is that if people come to mosques five time a day regularly the point of "remaining a mosque empty" or a "plenty of mosques" may be solved..

Sir I am not talking about those 4 people I am talking about other 4 people also in the time of madina many people were killed for blashmey

Why was Sohail bin Amr not killed during the Hudabiya truce when he clearly did blasphemy by changing the name of Prophet (SAW) as son of Abdullah instead of Messenger of Allah (PBUH)

Why was Abu Safyan leader of the Kuraish not killed when traveled to Medina before the conquest of Makkah ?

I dont think we are on the same wavelength.... I did not quote Jihad as a pillar of faith.

that's just what I am saying - Jihad is none of these -- and yet compare the statement of the baba -- Both of these cannot be Islam and more we try to round this square peg, the more we show our ignorance -- See, we want all of us to be just Muslims, but truth is that the time for that is past and whether we like it or not, it will take a struggle to establish what is Islam and what is not -- lests ee if Saudi money will win or if Islam of Dawa and la Iqrah fid deen, will win the day.

Sir Jihad is Farz e Kafaya their are many things farz on Muslims other than those 5 pillars these pillars are the basic but Islam is not limited to these 5 pillars

How many of us are willing to do the greater Jihad... The Jihad against ones worldly desires ?
Yet everyone wants to grab a gun/sword to send an infidel to hell (which is a lesser jihad)

Buddies we Muslims have offer our prayers five times a day and all you know that how much importance is given to NAMAZ but unfortunately all we do is to discuss unnecessary issue which have nothing to with Islam..
Nobody, Nobody emphasizes on the importance of Namaz.. I mean How many of us in this forum offer their prayers regularly five times a day???? A very few people.. and it is a shame ..

As in the post it is mentioned that "Except JUMA Prayer" ......!!!
My question is where these people come from at the day of JUMA ..!!!:undecided:
Means they know the importance of Juma prayer only...

All i am trying to say is that if people come to mosques five time a day regularly the point of "remaining a mosque empty" or a "plenty of mosques" may be solved..

Yes, if everybody start praying in mosques, it is good, but even after that we will have enough empty spaces in our mosques.

People seem to be reading too much into this issue.

What exactly is the problem being raised here? Is it just the sheer number of mosques or, as many posters keep alluding, the supposed agenda behind these mosques? If there is a problem with land mafias, let's address that issue directly. If people are concerned that some mosques promote divisivesness and hatred of other sects, then we should focus on the sermons. If the issue is noise pollution, that can be addressed as well.

Simply focussing on the number of mosques distracts from the real issues and can be perceived, or portrayed, as attacking Islam. We already have a serious problem of over-emotionalism in Pakistan and the last thing we need is increased polarization of the society. As other posters have pointed out, donating to a mosque is viewed by many as a pious act and there is no need to attribute nefarious motives to people building mosques. What would be nice is if the mullahs could convince people to donate to schools and health clinics instead of building more mosques.

IF Pakistanis long to be so "arab" and claim that they are a part of the arabsthen why not follow them in their religious setup too? single timing of prayer with khudba written by consensus rather than every mosque imaam blabbing what he wills! i hear less religious knowledge in my mosque khutbaa but alot of current affairs!!!

People seem to be reading too much into this issue.

What exactly is the problem being raised here? Is it just the sheer number of mosques or, as many posters keep alluding, the supposed agenda behind these mosques? If there is a problem with land mafias, let's address that issue directly. If people are concerned that some mosques promote divisivesness and hatred of other sects, then we should focus on the sermons. If the issue is noise pollution, that can be addressed as well.

Simply focussing on the number of mosques distracts from the real issues and can be perceived, or portrayed, as attacking Islam. We already have a serious problem of over-emotionalism in Pakistan and the last thing we need is increased polarization of the society. As other posters have pointed out, donating to a mosque is viewed by many as a pious act and there is no need to attribute nefarious motives to people building mosques. What would be nice is if the mullahs could convince people to donate to schools and health clinics instead of building more mosques.

You are right that focusing on 'number' of mosques can be perceived wrongly as did by few members. But the restriction through legislation would be based on 'comprehensive study' revealing the 'necessity' of mosque in a particular area. You know you can handle all the issues that you have mentioned by having such legislation. Presently we are not aware of strategy behind construction of a mosque when there is already a plenty of mosques in that particular area. We just ignore or dont want to discuss those strategies by just saying ooh it is a noble cause, let it constructed. I am not against the mosques, as i have said in my earlier posts. I just want a systematic procedure for construction of mosques. If there is a legislation, requiring anyone to get approval for mosques, it will reveal the identity of people 'wanting' mosque in the area, they will obviously have some justifications, but those justifications should be examined in the light of legislation. If it fulfills the criteria, construction should be allowed. Thats it.

It is the Question you should have asked to " Jameya Ashrafia " Mufti Hazraat or any other like that , I am Amazed You are asking this Question on Defence Forum ,from ordinary people like us :hitwall::hitwall:
One thing more , according to my information ,Ahadees are not allowed in the forum :undecided: , how can i post anything,even if i happen to ask a competitive person

Presently we are not aware of strategy behind construction of a mosque when there is already a plenty of mosques in that particular area. We just ignore or dont want to discuss those strategies by just saying ooh it is a noble cause, let it constructed.

That's my point. I don't think people are building mosques to be more Arab than Arabs, or for some ulterior motive. Most people who donate are just decent folk who believe that building a new mosque is a noble cause. Rather than legislation -- or perhaps along with it -- we need an education campaign to convince people to donate money to other needy causes.

Education is better than legislation, that's all.

Has any one of us in the Forum ever asked ,that The markets , shops , CNG pumps , Medical stores , Restaurants and many such things are opened anywhere without any Registration ( in most cases) . In some areas they are More then enough and some areas hardly meeting the Requirements . there is no need to give Example as we all live in the same world . But this one will do , In Anduruun-e Lahore , there are Mosques in every 5th road (gali) , But in areas like VALANCIA, it is impossible to go to nearest mosque on foot ,and Usually half of the locality Offer Prayers( except JUMMA) in Home Due to time and Distance matters
then why should we talk about the Mosques only, there is mismanagement in many other similar things needing mare consideration

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom