What's new

Today Is World Blood Donor Day. Please Go And Donate Blood.

Quick question... Who do you think is stronger?
dolly+bindra+hot.png

or

1251194118302-rajpal%20yadav.jpg

Shez a fat cow not stronger lolzzz

Au contraire

Only 6% of blood donors are women

NEW DELHI: Indian women don't believe in donating blood.

According to the first ever data bank on gender distribution of blood donors, India has among the lowest number of female blood donors in the world. Compiled by the World Health Organisation, the data bank says that of the 4.6 million donations in 2008, only 6% donations were by women. The rest 94% were male donors.

Only 6% of blood donors are women - Times Of India

Though we have seen that most of girls college are visited for collecting blood but again the reality is also that our women have deficiency of blood themselves so how can they donate

First of all, Girls are not weak. And one only grow stronger by donating blood. And if you think you are so good, why don't you go and take care of kitchen yourself. Why depend on girls..!

As an soft engineer ,i also have handled kitchen with washing clothes and bringing vegetables from market.....;)so no girl can bully me
and i am just 22......

Though we have seen that most of girls college are visited for collecting blood but again the reality is also that our women have deficiency of blood themselves so how can they donate

woo isliyea k jab larkyaan blood lene k liyea ahey tu kamzoor larkey be ready ho jatey hein :P yea blood lene wale be jantey hein k larkhoon ka blood kaise nikala jata ha :D

As an soft engineer ,i also have handled kitchen with washing clothes and bringing vegetables from market.....;)so no girl can bully me
and i am just 22......

Why'd a girl bully another girl for doing household chores?

What.......!!! Sometimes you say very strange things.

i have low vitamin d, does that cause any problems

Yeah Many. But it is very common and can be treated very easily. Visit a doc ASAP, cause Untreated vitamin D deficiency can lead to serious complications, such as bone fractures and bone deformities. Vitamin D deficiency has also been linked to a variety of serious conditions, such as certain cancers and cardiovascular disease. Seeking regular medical care and following your treatment plan can help reduce the risk of serious complications from vitamin D deficiency.

Azad urges youths to donate blood

New Delhi, June 20 (PTI) Noting that there is an annual shortage of two million units of blood in the country, Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad today favoured a special programme to create awareness on regular blood donation.
Addressing a function at Indian Red Cross Society at the end of the World Donors'' Week, the minister called upon the young people to get recruited at the nearest blood bank as voluntary blood donors.
"Due to our massive population of 1.2 billion, we require 12 million units of blood annually. Ideally, if only one per cent of the total eligible population donates blood every year there would be no shortage of blood. However, at present, there is an annual shortage of about 2 million units," he said.
To reduce this gap between demand and availability of safe blood, "we plan to have a programme to create awareness amongst the general public so that the community understands the advantages of regular blood donation", the minister added.
Azad gave away mementos to regular blood donors, some of whom have donated blood even more than 80 times. He said it is vital to ensure that anyone, anywhere those who needs blood get safe blood promptly.
World Blood Donors day -- June 14 -- was initiated in 2004 by World Health Organisation in collaboration with the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, International Federation of Blood Donor Organisations and International Society of Blood Transfusion.
This year, the Indian Red Cross Society commemorated the day by a week long programme.

Azad urges youths to donate blood - Yahoo! News

Back
Top Bottom