What's new

Today Is World Blood Donor Day. Please Go And Donate Blood.

Swati Shukla

Reaction score
I have Donated a Unit. Please everyone get out of your house and donate some blood.

WHO chose 14 June as the day to recognize the millions of people who save lives and improve the health of others by donating blood. The Day highlights the need to regularly give blood to prevent shortages in hospitals and clinics, particularly in developing countries where quantities are very limited. Out of the 80 countries with low blood donation rates (fewer than 10 donations per thousand people), 79 are developing nations.

Q: Why should I donate blood?

A: Safe blood saves lives and improves health. Blood transfusion is needed for:

women with complications of pregnancy, such as ectopic pregnancies and haemorrhage before, during or after childbirth;
children with severe anaemia often resulting from malaria or malnutrition;
people with severe trauma following accidents; and
many surgical and cancer patients.
It is also needed for regular transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell disease and is used to make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia.

There is a constant need for regular blood supply because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use. Regular blood donations by a sufficient number of healthy people is needed to ensure that safe blood will be available whenever and wherever it is needed.

Blood is the most precious gift that anyone can give to another person — the gift of life. A decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several if your blood is separated into its components — red cells, platelets and plasma — which can be used individually for patients with specific conditions.

What are the Benefits of Being a Blood Donor?

When you do a blood donor you will feel the symbiotic mutualism, because every drop of blood that you donate will not only provide the opportunity to live for people who receive health care but to provide Benefits to the donor.

There is an assumption which says that donating bloodcan make you become weak is wrong. When you donate blood, your body will react immediately to make a replacement. So you will not experience a lack of blood. By donating blood you will make the body produce blood, new blood, there are several other health Benefits that you can feel.

1. Can maintain heart health
High levels of iron in the blood will be able to make a person more susceptible to heart disease. Excessive iron in the blood can also cause oxidation of cholesterol. Oxidation products will accumulate in the artery wall and is equal to increase the odds of heart attack and stroke. When you regularly donate blood, then the amount of iron in the bloodcan be more stable, which means can reduce the risk of heart disease.

2. Will increase the production of red blood cells
Blood donors can also help the body reduce the number of red blood cells in the blood. You do not need to panic with the decrease in red blood cells, because the spinal cord will immediately recharge the red blood cells that have been lost. The result, as our donors will get a new blood supply every time you donate blood. Therefore, blood donors to be a good way to stimulate the creation of new blood.

3. Can help lower body weight.
Being a blood donor is one method of powerful burning calories and diet , because by giving about 450 ml of blood, will assist the process of burning about 650 calories. Calories are the amount of calories that much to make us slim waist.

4. Getting the psychological health
Donate things that are priceless to those in need will make us feel the psychological satisfaction. A study found that elderly people who regularly become a blood donor will feel energized and stay in shape.

5. Detect serious diseases
Every time we wanted to donate blood, our blood is the standard procedure will be examined from various diseases such as HIV, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, syphilis, and malaria. For those who receive donor blood, this is important information to anticipate the spread of disease through blood transfusion. As for us, this is the “warning signs” is good for us more attention to our own health conditions.

After the age of 18 years, try to get used to donate blood every three months. Blood donation will not only give a happy feeling because it can help others, but a positive benefit to the health of our own bodies. And the maximum age for doing this good habit is up to 60 years old.

So, how many of you have already donated blood or are planning to do so?

You should go and donate blood on my behalf too.

I will pray for you in return.

Ta.

You should go and donate blood on my behalf too.

I will pray for you in return.

Ta.

lol, but i have already donated 450ml, cant donate more. please, i request u to take it seriously and donate blood. it can save many lives.

where to donate blood?? I want to donate one bucket of my blood !!

lol, 300ml would b enough. go to any blood bank or red cross centre in ur city. use google and you will find one. and yeah, nowadays most private hospitals offer this service, u can donate ur blood their also. and for a healthy life, donate blood At least twice a year.

i want to donate blood,but i have a problem...

i am scared of needles..and those injection needles used for taking blood are so thick..:cry:

is there any other way to donate blood..:undecided:

Its rainy season here in Kerala. I have donated blood to mosquitoes for the last 2 days. Will that count?:partay:

i want to donate blood,but i have a problem...

i am scared of needles..and those injection needles used for taking blood are so thick..:cry:

is there any other way to donate blood..:undecided:

lol, believe me, if u close ur eyes, u cant even tell when the needle is in. fear is only psycological. few years ago, when my mother took me to pierce my ears, i was scared as hell, but, in the end i was like is it over? my ears are pierced?

And yeah, there's another way. if u can cut ur veins in vaccum, so that the blood dosen't get infected in the presence of some anti-clotting fluid, it will do the job.

Its rainy season here in Kerala. I have donated blood to mosquitoes for the last 2 days. Will that count?:partay:

lol, lol, lol, nice one. yeah, it will, afterall u have given lives to many mosquitoes. jokes apart, but spark, u should donate blood for ur own health.

lol, believe me, if u close ur eyes, u cant even tell when the needle is in. fear is only psycological. few years ago, when my mother took me to pierce my ears, i was scared as hell, but, in the end i was like is it over? my ears are pierced?

i have tried this method & i think it adds more fear than being eye open,because you don't have any idea when the nurse will pierce the needle.

i was very happy when i heard a news that Japanese scientists have invented a needle that will cause very less pain like mosquito bite.but till now i have not seen such kind of needles .hope it will come soon

Back
Top Bottom