What's new

To foster better understanding: Pakistan studies scholarships for Indians

How are you going to develop think tanks who specialize in a country or topic like in the west. It is myopic to just confine yourself and put on blinders. These think tanks give advise to the govt. in making policy. Flow of information is necessary to make informed choice.
The suggestion in this thread isn't required for that...

He is advocating for a full cultural exchange and program for the average student that is overkill and too much

Indians can be obsessed with Pakistan as much as they would like to. I'd actually encourage them to be so!! Who doesn't want attention?? Hahahah!

I just don't think it serves any purpose to come up with some bizarre DNA or great ethnic divisions. False observations lead to false conclusions!! As I said, the northwest Indians and eastern Pakistanis have far more in common linguistically, culturally, ethnically than compared with other parts of their respective countries. Religion is the big divide, which leads to the geopolitical rivalry, but that doesn't mean that the majority of Pakistanis, who, btw, live in eastern parts of Pakistan have a not lot of common with northwestern Indians.

It is what it is. Geographical proximity. Much like in other countries.
True, what area of India's map would you circle that has similarities, I guess the indo-aryan population areas?

Just an idea : Indians need much better understanding of Pakistan and Pakistanis. With proper such understanding we can accomplish regional peace much faster. Therefore I propose leading Pakistani universities to offer a dozen or two scholarships for Indian students to come and study there. They will get to interact with regular Pakistani students and develop a deep cultural understanding and may be mutual trust.

This does not involve any foreign exchange, so current crisis shouldn't impact.
Several universities already have indian exchange students. I met 2 indians, a hindu girl and a muslim boy from delhi ... while studying in Punjab Univ.

Just an idea : Indians need much better understanding of Pakistan and Pakistanis. With proper such understanding we can accomplish regional peace much faster. Therefore I propose leading Pakistani universities to offer a dozen or two scholarships for Indian students to come and study there. They will get to interact with regular Pakistani students and develop a deep cultural understanding and may be mutual trust.

This does not involve any foreign exchange, so current crisis shouldn't impact.

India can offer the same to Pakistani students to gain "deep cultural understanding". Then the Indians and Pakistanis having graduated will migrate to the west. There goes your "deep cultural understanding".

No they didn’t, please stop with this fake narrative. “Hinduism and Hindu” only became a thing when the British codified them as such:

Contemporary indian have a weird fetish and obsession with fair skin. This irrational thinking drives them to gravitate towards Pakistani related social media content and loudly proclaim we were one group prior to the British India invention.

I often refer to British India (fore-bearer to modern India republic) as more like a prison where various ethnicities and religious groups were forced to abide as one.

Often times, Indians deliberately mix up ethnicity and religion, rather dubiously IMO. This is an identity crisis that many Indians showcase including the OP and several of his compatriots on this forum.

I always said that the partition should’ve been 20 countries into 2, and then 3 big ones. Indians are not a homogenous entity, but they have more in common with their nearer neighbors than distant one like Pakistan.

Where does this obsession comes from and identity crisis comes from?

It likely stems from lacking an identity. Once the prisoners were freed in 1947, the Muslims of Pakistan had a developed identity reflected by their Islamic beliefs and 5000 years of racial genetics. All 4 major groups of Pakistan are similar to each other in anthropology, including DNA. The Indians being recently given a Hindu identity by departing British had to invent one.

The Indians then attempt to use their Punjabi and Kashmiri population as a bridge to connect their country to Pakistanis. The Punjabi and Kashmiris in India numbered about 2-3% of the population. How does that justify saying 97% of Indians are similar to Pakistan when that 97% is far from being homogenous themselves.
One notable exception are the Muhajirs. In my experience, they tend to be very fair skinned and many in fact do have Turkic, Persian, and some Arab genes as from my understanding, they are mostly migrated from the former seat of the Indian Islamic empire, which attracted muslims
from all over the world.
The culture of northern india is a direct derivative of the Islamic invasions and empires. Sure, some cultural bonds exists based off the Islamic culture, not Hindu.

TL-DR Indians, please stop spreading your fake Hindu narrative.
hey genius, call them hindu and brontosaur - genes are genes

Would you send your son or daughter to study in Pakistan? Given that they got admission in any decent Indian college (or US, for you)?
you make a good point. i woudn't ofcourse, especially since they have fortunately gotten much better options.
But others with fewer options are aplenty and they can shine in this

Last edited:
hey genius, call them hindu and brontosaur - genes are genes
Tell me how the genes are similar for Pakistanis? Sure, for those who converted living locally in Bihar and other areas in the cow belt sure, but you and other revisionists paint a broad brush over all of Pakistan.
Only 3% of your population on the border is very similar to Pakistani living on the border areas. What I have a problem with is you falsely bucketing everyone in the same boat.
you people by nature are dishonest, and I will continue to fight against this.

Back
Top Bottom