What's new

To foster better understanding: Pakistan studies scholarships for Indians

Jeeten Parikh

Reaction score
Country
India
Just an idea : Indians need much better understanding of Pakistan and Pakistanis. With proper such understanding we can accomplish regional peace much faster. Therefore I propose leading Pakistani universities to offer a dozen or two scholarships for Indian students to come and study there. They will get to interact with regular Pakistani students and develop a deep cultural understanding and may be mutual trust.

This does not involve any foreign exchange, so current crisis shouldn't impact.

Just an idea : Indians need much better understanding of Pakistan and Pakistanis. With proper such understanding we can accomplish regional peace much faster. Therefore I propose leading Pakistani universities to offer a dozen or two scholarships for Indian students to come and study there. They will get to interact with regular Pakistani students and develop a deep cultural understanding and may be mutual trust.

No one wants regional peace

Your a hindutva extremist communal state,

In what basis will Muslims of South Asia have any connections with hindutva?

simple. most of them have same ancestral hindu genes for one thing

🤣🤣 What the hell does that even mean or matter??

They are hindutva extremists, Indian Muslims themselves are becoming enraged so how would anyone else work with these people who are essentially our enemies

No they didn’t, please stop with this fake narrative. “Hinduism and Hindu” only became a thing when the British codified them as such:

Contemporary indian have a weird fetish and obsession with fair skin. This irrational thinking drives them to gravitate towards Pakistani related social media content and loudly proclaim we were one group prior to the British India invention.

I often refer to British India (fore-bearer to modern India republic) as more like a prison where various ethnicities and religious groups were forced to abide as one.

Often times, Indians deliberately mix up ethnicity and religion, rather dubiously IMO. This is an identity crisis that many Indians showcase including the OP and several of his compatriots on this forum.

I always said that the partition should’ve been 20 countries into 2, and then 3 big ones. Indians are not a homogenous entity, but they have more in common with their nearer neighbors than distant one like Pakistan.

Where does this obsession comes from and identity crisis comes from?

It likely stems from lacking an identity. Once the prisoners were freed in 1947, the Muslims of Pakistan had a developed identity reflected by their Islamic beliefs and 5000 years of racial genetics. All 4 major groups of Pakistan are similar to each other in anthropology, including DNA. The Indians being recently given a Hindu identity by departing British had to invent one.

The Indians then attempt to use their Punjabi and Kashmiri population as a bridge to connect their country to Pakistanis. The Punjabi and Kashmiris in India numbered about 2-3% of the population. How does that justify saying 97% of Indians are similar to Pakistan when that 97% is far from being homogenous themselves.
One notable exception are the Muhajirs. In my experience, they tend to be very fair skinned and many in fact do have Turkic, Persian, and some Arab genes as from my understanding, they are mostly migrated from the former seat of the Indian Islamic empire, which attracted muslims
from all over the world.
The culture of northern india is a direct derivative of the Islamic invasions and empires. Sure, some cultural bonds exists based off the Islamic culture, not Hindu.

TL-DR Indians, please stop spreading your fake Hindu narrative.

Last edited:

Rather, I would suggest that we should think less about Pakistan which would be beneficial to us...Both of our nations got an easy excuse to blame each other and avoid addressing serious challenges within us.

Rather, I would suggest that we should think less about Pakistan which would be beneficial to us...Both of our nations got an easy excuse to blame each other and avoid addressing serious challenges within us.
Tableeghi!
@jamahir

Just Think that we don't exist - stop hating us or loving us or thinking of us in anyway
Let us be at peace

It likely stems from lacking an identity. Once the prisoners were freed in 1947, the Muslims of Pakistan had a developed identity reflected by their Islamic beliefs and 5000 years of racial genetics. All 4 major groups of Pakistan are similar to each other in anthropology, including DNA. The Indians being recently given a Hindu identity by departing British had to invent one.

The Indians then attempt to use their Punjabi and Kashmiri population as a bridge to connect their country to Pakistanis. The Punjabi and Kashmiris in India numbered about 2-3% of the population. How does that justify saying 97% of Indians are similar to Pakistan when that 97% is far from being homogenous themselves.

The northwest Indians and the eastern Pakistanis have more in common than the eastern Pakistanis with western Pakistanis and similarly the northwest Indians have more in common with eastern Pakistanis than the northwest Indians with probably the vast majority of Indians. Look at how people look, and marry, including dowry and marriage customs. The music. The (spicy) food. The jewellery. The social freedoms (or lack of there of). Do people really think that people from Delhi and Lahore would be too different? Do people really think that Rajasthanis would be too different from Sindhis or from Cholistan?? No man made line drawn barely 75 years ago can deny what was there for thousands of years.

To even the most progressive Pakistani, there is no desire to be part of India. But we will just have to learn to live with each other somehow with our differences and commonality.

But in a way, you are correct about the percentages. But that's only part of the picture.

May be i am wrong, but some Indian universities introduced subject of Pakistan Studies few years back in some of their degree programs, though i know the current status of it.

We don't want you to know about us nor do we want to know about you

The northwest Indians and the eastern Pakistanis have more in common than the eastern Pakistanis with western Pakistanis and similarly the northwest Indians have more in common with eastern Pakistanis than the northwest Indians with probably the vast majority of Indians. Look at how people look, and marry, including dowry and marriage customs. The music. The (spicy) food. The jewellery. The social freedoms (or lack of there of). Do people really think that people from Delhi and Lahore would be too different? Do people really think that Rajasthanis would be too different from Sindhis or from Cholistan?? No man made line drawn barely 75 years ago can deny what was there for thousands of years.

To even the most progressive Pakistani, there is no desire to be part of India. But we will just have to learn to live with each other somehow with our differences and commonality.

But in a way, you are correct about the percentages. But that's only part of the picture.
Hi, thank you for responding. So another thing I didn’t include is the partition. I’d prefer the partition to be along cultural lines instead of religious. Yes, you are correct, Punjab and Rajasthan are closely related to Pakistani ethnicities culturally and somewhat genetics.

Just look at the Indians who can’t help themselves from jumping into our internal matters, all from regions east of Punjab and Rajasthan. This is what gets me, the clear lack of identity of Indians.
You will never hear an Indian Punjabi go on and on about some mythical shared pagan traditions. I don’t even think I’ve seen Rajasthani do so as well. It’s the vermins that live in their cow belts that are obsessed with Pakistan.

My goal was to write a more thorough analysis for which I am currently collecting empirical evidence, which I have plenty of.

It’s the not Pakistanis going on and on spamming Indians social media and content. It’s the other way around, and I’m at my wits end with this. The continuous harassment of Pakistani women across social media etc

We don't want you to know about us nor do we want to know about you
How are you going to develop think tanks who specialize in a country or topic like in the west. It is myopic to just confine yourself and put on blinders. These think tanks give advise to the govt. in making policy. Flow of information is necessary to make informed choice.

Dude I literally know my great grandfather was a Hindu, like it's family knowledge not just me couple other forum members also have that recent family background going by a thread I saw

How does it help in anyway?- it changes nothing, I am still a Pakistani, I still feel the same as rest of pakistanis, I still love me people etc etc

Only thing it helped with is I never disliked Hindus as a relgion or people group but that goes for most everyday Pakistanis despite the propoganda campaigns

But That's pretty much it, it didn't change my worldview

Y'all exaddurate importance of this way too much, a Chunk of us literally have last names of people groups who were non Muslims etc

Don't apply the thinking of Indian Muslims with us- you call them dalits wannabe me-er or whatever, while you call us "were converted" you hate us both the same lol and boths Muslim identity cause equal amounts of butthurt for y'all

So No it's complicated, history is one thing but you can't live by it - it's our modern geopolitics that shapes everything and in that geopolitics you want to subdue us
That's why the beef

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom