What's new

TLP worker pulling down Ranjit Singh's statue at the Lahore Fort

You need to read what Waz wrote above. Post #94.

Ranjit Singh was a mass murderer and a tyrant among many other things. You cannot change historical facts by mentioning his statesmanship.
When it comes to historical figures you will always see difference of opinion

for example Aurangzeb is portrayed as Great Sufi type of person by Muslim historians including Allama who was all-praise for him but a tyrant by non Muslim people for forced conversions etc

in my opinion there is little to criticise about Ranjeet Singh given the circumstances and I have read about him a lot… of course Muslims will have their version as well because he basically carved out the Mughal and Afghan empires to raise his Kingdom but if I be fair on him, he was a great Punjabi King. As far as I remember he was a King with mere 6% Sikh population in his empire so he was bound to keep both Hindus and Muslim happy under his governance. His throne is in Victoria and Albert museum and it is made by a Muslim

for example Aurangzeb is portrayed as Great Sufi type of person by Muslim historians including Allama who was all-praise for him but a tyrant by non Muslim people for forced conversions etc

in my opinion there is little to criticise about Ranjeet Singh given the circumstances and I have read about him a lot… of course Muslims will have their version as well because he basically carved out the Mughal and Afghan empires to raise his Kingdom but if I be fair on him, he was a great Punjabi King. As far as I remember he was a King with mere 6% Sikh population in his empire so he was bound to keep both Hindus and Muslim happy under his governance. His throne is in Victoria and Albert museum and it is made by a Muslim

Ranjit followed the modus operandi of Sikhs for centuries, raiding, banditry and plunder or as their apologist will call guerrilla tactics. If he had carved out his empire when the Mughals still retained some semblance of power than perhaps he could be hailed as some sort an extra ordinary General/Statesman but he did it when there was huge power vaccum and no real opposition, particularly Punjabi Muslims who to this day are prone to the centuries old capitulation and worship of the ascendant sun...

Ranjit followed the modus operandi of Sikhs for centuries, raiding, banditry and plunder or as their apologist will call guerrilla tactics. If he had carved out his empire when the Mughals still retained some semblance of power than perhaps he could be hailed as some sort an extra ordinary General/Statesman but he did it when there was huge power vaccum and no real opposition, particularly Punjabi Muslims who to this day are prone to the centuries old capitulation and worship of the ascendant sun...
Not sure which Punjabi Muslim are prone to the worship of ascendant sun…

never heard of it… did you imagine today?

Hindus hate Auragzeb for what he did to them. And there's no comparison between Aurangzeb and Ranjit...

One was a mass murdering bandit king while another was a successor of a giant empire. History is clear on what Ranjit did and who he was. Of course, people can differ on their opinion of him.

Going back to the topic, the statue is down and should not be made again. That would just invite more scorn from the Pakistani population.

Hindus hate Auragzeb for what he did to them. And there's no comparison between Aurangzeb and Ranjit...

One was a mass murdering bandit king while another was a successor of a giant empire. History is clear on what Ranjit did and who he was. Of course, people can differ on their opinion of him.

Going back to the topic, the statue is down and should not be made again. That would just invite more scorn from the Pakistani population.
Once again I would disagree

technically he was the ruler of what is now part of modern Pakistan. We don’t forget our history just because his religion is different. I am sure you would have adored him if he was Ranjeet Khan and not Singh… most nations in the world never forget even their tyrant lords as it’s part of their history and culture… people in Egypt are proud of Pharoah’a despite the fact we all know how they were… and people in most of Punjab still take him positively… to be honest I had never come across negative opinion about Ranjeet Singh before I read that in this forum couple of years ago so he is liked by significant population of Punjab

He was born in Gujranwala and died in Lahore so why not accept our history and own him.

The fact that this statue is up in the capital of Punjab is an insult and disgrace to me and millions of Punjabi Muslims and Kashmiris. It will be torn down one day, regardless of how many cops are sent to arrest people and protect this trash. I don't care who Ranjeet Singh was to secular Cuckjabis. There are Punjabi Muslim heroes out there who resisted both the Afghans and Sikhs like Adina Beg. Way more honorable than a harami who would fornicate in public with prostitutes.

Once again I would disagree

technically he was the ruler of what is now part of modern Pakistan. We don’t forget our history just because his religion is different. I am sure you would have adored him if he was Ranjeet Khan and not Singh… most nations in the world never forget even their tyrant lords as it’s part of their history and culture… people in Egypt are proud of Pharoah’a despite the fact we all know how they were… and people in most of Punjab still take him positively… to be honest I had never come across negative opinion about Ranjeet Singh before I read that in this forum couple of years ago so he is liked by significant population of Punjab

He was born in Gujranwala and died in Lahore so why not accept our history and own him.

I was born in the same city as him. Talked to a lot of people from there....they all hated him. I don't know who you talked to lol.

And btw, the US citizens just tore down statues of Confederate generals this year. No one cried when that happened...

But do the same in Pakistan and all hell breaks lose...

Just goes to show how much actually Pakistanis know history or even care about it.

If yes, is religion the factor of this weird differentiation?

Yes.
I personally cannot support any Hindu ruler or Hindu institution as someone of avarna background. Every single temple dedicating to doing pooja to Shiva's ling ling meant thousands of more avarnas liberated from Brahminism. Of course we would celebrate it!
Because he is a big part of Punjab's history??? So many countries have such controversial status but no one bats an eye because its part of history.

Countries build statues to celebrate their heroes, not because they're a big part of their history. That's why Germany doesn't have statues of Hitler everywhere. Please, instead of using these kinds of retarded arguments, just come out and say you're a cuckold and have a humiliation fetish. It would be easier for the rest of us because right now we're dealing with cowards who are too afraid to out themselves.

I was born in the same city as him. Talked to a lot of people from there....they all hated him. I don't know who you talked to lol.

And btw, the US citizens just tore down statues of Confederate generals this year. No one cried when that happened...

But do the same in Pakistan and all hell breaks lose...

Just goes to show how much actually Pakistanis know history or even care about it.
Most people never read the history in Pakistan. They have only heard about him and will like or dislike based on the rumours they may have heard. I am originally from Gujrat so not far from your city of Gujranwala as they both are in the same division of Gujranwala and I have never come across anyone in Gujrat who disliked Ranjeet Singh

PS: religious people will obviously hate him as he is Singh and not Peer but for common citizens they have neutral to positive opinion about him as per my experience

Back
Top Bottom