What's new

Thoughts with the At least 40 Indian workers trapped in tunnel collapse.

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
At least 40 construction workers were trapped on Sunday after the road tunnel they were building collapsed in northern India, with rescuers scrambling to reach them beneath piles of debris.

The collapse occurred early on Sunday morning in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand when a group of workers were moving out and replacement workers were going in.

“About 200 metres (218 yards) of the tunnel have collapsed,” Durgesh Rathodi, a state disaster response official, told AFP from the site.

“About 40 to 41 workers are trapped inside. Oxygen is being supplied through the debris, but more rubble is coming down as rescuers try to remove the obstruction,” he said.

The 4.5 kilometre-long tunnel is being constructed between Silkyara and Dandalgaon to connect two of the holiest Hindu shrines of Uttarkashi and Yamnotri.

Photographs released by the government rescue teams showed huge piles of concrete blocking the wide tunnel, with twisted metal bars on its broken roof poking down in front of the rubble.

“Pray to god that those workers trapped inside the tunnel are brought out safely,” Uttarakhand chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami wrote on social media platform X.

Screengrab taken from Pushkar Singh Dhami’s X account.

Accidents on large infrastructure construction sites are common in India.

They are our dushman, who cares

These are the same people who will form mobs to lynch people for eating beef

What? I had no idea. Just now checked.

Absolute disaster during Diwali.

गोदी media is more worried about giving full sapport to Israel and Palestine while dear leader says sab changa si in India.

Even I saw it on Reddit. Imagine my surprise. In any other country it would be the top news.

These things are becoming more common. Too much corruption and lack of ethics of at least maintaining basic quality. A lot of this money flows into the coffers of political parties and also individuals. I fear that if some natural calamity happens then a huge amount of our newly created infrastructure will go up in smoke, just like it happened due to the earthquake in Turkey. @RescueRanger

At least 40 construction workers were trapped on Sunday after the road tunnel they were building collapsed in northern India, with rescuers scrambling to reach them beneath piles of debris.

The collapse occurred early on Sunday morning in the Himalayan state of Uttarakhand when a group of workers were moving out and replacement workers were going in.

“About 200 metres (218 yards) of the tunnel have collapsed,” Durgesh Rathodi, a state disaster response official, told AFP from the site.

“About 40 to 41 workers are trapped inside. Oxygen is being supplied through the debris, but more rubble is coming down as rescuers try to remove the obstruction,” he said.

The 4.5 kilometre-long tunnel is being constructed between Silkyara and Dandalgaon to connect two of the holiest Hindu shrines of Uttarkashi and Yamnotri.

Photographs released by the government rescue teams showed huge piles of concrete blocking the wide tunnel, with twisted metal bars on its broken roof poking down in front of the rubble.

“Pray to god that those workers trapped inside the tunnel are brought out safely,” Uttarakhand chief minister Pushkar Singh Dhami wrote on social media platform X.

Accidents on large infrastructure construction sites are common in India.
I hope the Indians will now empathise with the Palestinians trapped under the rubble.

Economies are built on dead bodies of soldiers and labourers...

Karakorum highway had a death rate of 1 worker per km(as far as my memory serves me right).. soo many perished for a highway... Soo many perished under coal mines..
So that some of us can fart via keyboards..

These things are becoming more common. Too much corruption and lack of ethics of at least maintaining basic quality. A lot of this money flows into the coffers of political parties and also individuals. I fear that if some natural calamity happens then a huge amount of our newly created infrastructure will go up in smoke, just like it happened due to the earthquake in Turkey. @RescueRanger
Agreed corporate corruption and greed coupled with poor management and lack of understanding of risks/health and safety cause such disasters.

Politics and enmity aside, they are humans first. Call me what you will, that's fine, I will always side with Humanity.

Thank you for your humanity. If no one else, I will remember it. The disaster happened in an area that is approximately about my native place so it’s personal.

Thank you for your humanity. If no one else, I will remember it. The disaster happened in an area that is approximately about my native place so it’s personal.
I'm sorry, and genuinely these people and their loved one are in my thoughts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom