What's new

Tipu Sultan was not Indian and a killer - BJP minister as Karnataka celebrate the Tiger of Mysore

i dont think there is one single view of tipu... the current mainstream view(which we were all brought up) is he was a brave fighter who nearly defeated brits(and any fight against brits is considered fight for independence by early nationalists, for example sepoy mutiny)...

not sure what kannadigas thought of him but I never heard any opposition when hit serial 'sword of tipu sultan' was aired on govt channel.(long time ago)... I suspect the current 'anti hindu' thing came with rise of bjp.

anyway I don't want history to be written based on current political bias, let the experts dig the documents and have a full picture of him.

Tipu should be regarded as an enemy of India. If Tipu defeated the British, South India would not be British and India today would not include South India. Since British united and created India, any previous resistance against the British was against the creation of India..

For me, I believe that Indian subcontinent should revert back to its original native states. So I'm against the existence of British India as how its constituted today. India should revert back to the states before British conquest. For example, Mysore should be its own country.

Tipu should be regarded as an enemy of India. If Tipu defeated the British, South India would not be British and India today would not include South India. Since British united and created India, any previous resistance against the British was against the creation of India..

For me, I believe that Indian subcontinent should revert back to its original native states. So I'm against the existence of British India as how its constituted today. India should revert back to the states before British conquest. For example, Mysore should be its own country.
DMvPeVDW4AA-KNj.jpg:large

Heh. Owe you coffee or anything haraam you care to name.

Look up his indispensable ministers.

He had a mean streak and inflicted horrible punishments on offenders. That's about it. Calling him a scumbag is plain silly.

You obviously get your character analysis from Panchajanya.

Who? Do you think Tipu was a patriot?

Of course Pakistanis like Tipu. The land that is Pakistan has never produced even a single great Muslim ruler or conquerer. They thus HAVE to try and associate themselves with others for some kind of shared glory.

Born of ethnic Turks, Afghans or born of the people who were from Pakistan?
These two pictures answers what you asked..Now you can come up with ethnic ...and other dimension..For your satisfaction please show the second pic to some indians and told them "Look he is ethnic afghan or turk"...
Since at first you said nothing has produced from the land now Pakistan..

These two pictures answers what you asked..Now you can come up with ethnic ...and other dimension..For your satisfaction please show the second pic to some indians and told them "Look he is ethnic afghan or turk"...
Since at first you said nothing has produced from the land now Pakistan..
If Robert Clive got born in Pakistan would you be proud of him as a Pakistani or would you consider him an outsider?

Practically the only capable leader that Pakistan produced - and that means born of the people that make Pakistan - is Ranjit Singh. And unfortunately for Pakistanis he is non-Muslim. Which is why Pakistanis feel the need to associate themselves to Muslim rulers (who have little or nothing to do with Pakistan other than ruling it along with other lands) -as almost all were from Central Asia or Turkey. They want some kind of reflected glory. This is why Pakistanis try to associate with Tipu or Babbar or any other such ruler.

If Robert Clive got born in Pakistan would you be proud of him as a Pakistani or would you consider him an outsider?

Practically the only capable leader that Pakistan produced - and that means born of the people that make Pakistan - is Ranjit Singh. And unfortunately for Pakistanis he is non-Muslim. Which is why Pakistanis feel the need to associate themselves to Muslim rulers (who have little or nothing to do with Pakistan other than ruling it along with other lands) -as almost all were from Central Asia or Turkey. They want some kind of reflected glory. This is why Pakistanis try to associate with Tipu or Babbar or any other such ruler.
What Pakistanis think or perceive is not in question right now..You posted a comment without mentioning any exception..And now detracting it by taking the debate to other topic...For your information (born of the people that make Pakistan), Pakistan is made up of Punjabis, Pashtuns, Balochs and Sindhis...
You are just trolling now

No.

He was a ruling king.

And look up his ministers, as homework :D. Your question has nothing to do with his ministers.

What? Just because he employed a Hindus as a minister doesn't mean much. All Islamic empires and kingdoms employees whoever was best for the job regardless of religion...as long as they ensured a positive return ....

Back
Top Bottom