What's new

Tipu Sultan was not Indian and a killer - BJP minister as Karnataka celebrate the Tiger of Mysore

A worthless, communalist thread.

For a democracy, India goes beyond patriotism and propaganda compared to actual communist countries.

I see Indians on this site making fun of North Korea, but then again their narratives are not so different when it comes to the extremist element. Whatever the case, that's for you guys to handle for your own nation.

Tipu belongs in the category of Hitler.

People who remotely support Tipu need to get themselves checked.
Tipu was king of scumbags.

OK, what do I get checked? The usual socially transmitted diseases? Crock spine, since apparently spineless and apt to bend and bow very easily? Ear, nose and throat, to check why I can't hear the screams of the murdered majority, smell the disgusting smell of burning flesh as fathers and infant sons are killed in their jeeps by the criminal minority, throat to figure out how much I can swallow without being revolted by what I'm swallowing? Might get the neurologist to figure out if I have a brain at all. A cardiologist might confirm I'm a heartless bastard. Some orthopaedist needs to assess the damage to my kneecaps from dropping down to these bloody invaders and not standing up for our own football team.

Gosh, now that you mention it, there's a lot of work.

IMG_3447.JPG

IMG_3446.JPG
Image1508767796.290683.jpg

Tipu's belonging

I don't agree with massacres or injustices, but if I believed my subjects were conspiring with my enemy, I would also take steps to negate their behaviour. Some historians do believe that some of these Christians were helping the British against Tipu Sultan.
his own father spared the christians even though they betrayed him, but the persecution by tipu started right after his ascendance to the throne, and ended only upon his death. The same wiki page says, historians generally agree on religious reason of persecution, as tipu seem to have said.
""To spare them was mercy, to honor them with Islam a favor. No fault being imputed except them being Christians."

his own father spared the christians even though they betrayed him, but the persecution by tipu started right after his ascendance to the throne, and ended only upon his death. The same wiki page says, historians generally agree on religious reason of persecution, as tipu seem to have said.
""To spare them was mercy, to honor them with Islam a favor. No fault being imputed except them being Christians."

First of all, that would be highly contradictory as Christians are considered people of the book, so if Tipu Sultan was motivated only by religious zeal, he would have turned his ire on Hindus who were not even considered people of the book by most orthodox scholars.

I have also read about some historians who have stated that there was widespread belief that some Christian subjects were helping the British.

My purpose here is not to defend any injustice, I am simply looking at it objectively. Singling out Christians due to religious fervour would be highly contradictory with Shari'ah.

A cardiologist might confirm I'm a heartless bastard

I doubt you would need a cardiologist for that prognosis sir.
And I am pretty sure the seculars suffers from things far worse.

Tipu is celebrated. wow & you are preaching to Sanghis? I guess lot of introspection is needed.

First of all, that would be highly contradictory as Christians are considered people of the book, so if Tipu Sultan was motivated only by religious zeal, he would have turned his ire on Hindus who were not even considered people of the book by most orthodox scholars.

I have also read about some historians who have stated that there was widespread belief that some Christian subjects were helping the British.

My purpose here is not to defend any injustice, I am simply looking at it objectively. Singling out Christians due to religious fervor would be highly contradictory with Shari'ah.
that quote is from him, you are judging 'his' idea of religion based on your/contemporary idea(and I know it is the mainstream idea) of who should be considered enemy, the christians siding with brits is true, and its probably true that he wanted to punish them, but his hatred has religious fervor too which made it so potent.
As with any smart ruler it would have been stupid to go against majority of your subjects, many of which serve in your army. He did donate money to temples, but I doubt its borne out of any love for hindus.

that quote is from him, you are judging 'his' idea of religion based on your/contemporary idea(and I know it is the mainstream idea) of who should be considered enemy, the christians siding with brits is true, and its probably true that he wanted to punish them, but his hatred has religious fervor too which made it so potent.
As with any smart ruler it would have been stupid to go against majority of your subjects, many of which serve in your army. He did donate money to temples, but I doubt its borne out of any love for hindus.

No not mine or contemporary idea. Christians are declared people of the book in the Qur'an. But anyways, it is up to the Indians to decide what they want to do with the legacy of Tipu Sultan.

No not mine or contemporary idea. Christians are declared people of the book in the Qur'an. But anyways, it is up to the Indians to decide what they want to do with the legacy of Tipu Sultan.
i dont think there is one single view of tipu... the current mainstream view(which we were all brought up) is he was a brave fighter who nearly defeated brits(and any fight against brits is considered fight for independence by early nationalists, for example sepoy mutiny)...

not sure what kannadigas thought of him but I never heard any opposition when hit serial 'sword of tipu sultan' was aired on govt channel.(long time ago)... I suspect the current 'anti hindu' thing came with rise of bjp.

anyway I don't want history to be written based on current political bias, let the experts dig the documents and have a full picture of him.

anyway I don't want history to be written based on current political bias, let the experts dig the documents and have a full picture of him.

What's your take on the documents presented in post #128?

Regarding political bias I can say the same. Congress has a pro-minority, anti-Hindu political bias. Since they were in power for majority of the time they easily whitewashed his anti-Hindu actions

Ashoka kills hundreds of thousands of hindus and that bastard gets a fcuking wheel on the indian flag????o_O

Hundreds of thousands in a single war. Overall he killed millions of Hindus. And becomes the most revered historical figure. Nuts!

Hundreds of thousands in a single war. Overall he killed millions of Hindus. And becomes the most revered historical figure. Nuts!

Because he accepted his mistakes.
Tipu was monster on his death bed.

Was Ashoka a monster? Yes, he was. not as filthy as Tipu but he was a monster in his own way.
Did he change? yes, he did.

Tipu though did things Ashoka never did in his life.
it's like comparing a murderer to Islamic Jihadis.

Back
Top Bottom