What's new

Tigris Shield Peace Operation Updates & Discussions

Yeah lol goodluck with that. A forum of fucking kids.

I said long ago that Erdogan's strategy with regards to 'Kurdistan' will benefit Turkey economically but will be paid with blood by soldiers. Which doesn't take a genius to figure out, when you fuel Kurds and their nationalist idea for economic benefit in the short term you will deal with the consequences of growing insurgency long-term. 'You' = conscripts and other working class soldiers, not Erdogan and his son in suits.

ther is noting Erdogan can do, you are not able to control the north side with your legend PMU. Try to control the kurds or you will stay forever a banana republic.

ther is noting Erdogan can do, you are not able to control the north side with your legend PMU. Try to control the kurds or you will stay forever a banana republic.

PMU could take the northern flat lands, Qandil wouldn't be easy given the rugged terrain. In 1990 Iraq tried to control Qandil, built a network of roads but then the US air force intervened. That said you're telling me to control the Kurds as if i'm the commander with political might in Iraq?

PMU could take the northern flat lands, Qandil wouldn't be easy given the rugged terrain. In 1990 Iraq tried to control Qandil, built a network of roads but then the US air force intervened. That said you're telling me to control the Kurds as if i'm the commander with political might in Iraq?

You are right who am i talking to?:-)

Well he is cleaning north iraq what iraqi goverment is failed to do.

Erdogan is good at making business deals for temporary economic growth with the known backlash of Kurdish growth which then lower class conscripts pay for with their blood with whilst business owners get richer.

That said, in the early 90's Turkey's 'village guards' AKA Kurdish nationalists whom were bought loyalty temporarily with money aided the PKK efforts in Iraq's battlefield which aided the overall PKK objective in the region.

This operation is nothing new, go back to 2008, 2009 and the 90's to see how many times such an OP has been conducted.

This operation is nothing new, go back to 2008, 2009 and the 90's to see how many times such an OP has been conducted.
Nope, this is entirely a different thing.

Till this date, it was always "go in, hit them, get out". Yes, there had been several operations at the past that varied in unit size, operation duration, etc... However, this time army constructing forward bases, opening new roads, managing logistics and expanding the controlled territories. This time army is there to stay, similar to what happened in Afrin & Al-Bab / Syria. Northern Iraq will stay under Turkish rule for years upcoming...maybe permanently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, this is entirely a different thing.

Till this date, it was always "go in, hit them, get out". Yes, there had been several operations at the past that varied in unit size, operation duration, etc... However, this time army constructing forward bases, opening new roads, managing logistics and expanding the controlled territories. This time army is there to stay, similar to what happened in Afrin & Al-Bab / Syria. Northern Iraq will stay under Turkish rule for years upcoming...maybe permanently.

Not entirely given that the 90's operations were not solely in, clear and out operations. They also resulted in new bases, the in, clear and out operations mostly applied to certain parts nearing Qandil.

However none of that disables the PKK given their freedom of bases and operating in the Kurdistan region as a whole, from PUK to KDP territory. If their sole base area were the mountains of north Iraq they wouldn't have survived long, that was their situations pre-1991 when the Iraqi army was still all over northern Iraq including around Qandil. PKK's base is the entire KRG.

If we look at a recent example. ISI (Islamic State predecessor) was dying down in 2011, 2012 when they had area to operate freely. The Syrian conflict gave them the opportunity of a new base area to regroup and come back. PKK pre-1991 didn't have much operational freedom in Iraq, their activity was limited. Suddenly after 1991 their activity spiked due to the breathing room they were given. The KRG provides this breathing room and it is not limited to the mountains in the far north.

Last edited:
Yeah lol goodluck with that. A forum of fucking kids.

I said long ago that Erdogan's strategy with regards to 'Kurdistan' will benefit Turkey economically but will be paid with blood by soldiers. Which doesn't take a genius to figure out, when you fuel Kurds and their nationalist idea for economic benefit in the short term you will deal with the consequences of growing insurgency long-term. 'You' = conscripts and other working class soldiers, not Erdogan and his son in suits.

Yeah a lot of Turkish people said that too, for iraq and syria but still he did some stupid shit.

Not entirely given that the 90's operations were not solely in, clear and out operations. They also resulted in new bases, the in, clear and out operations mostly applied to certain parts nearing Qandil.

However none of that disables the PKK given their freedom of bases and operating in the Kurdistan region as a whole, from PUK to KDP territory. If their sole base area were the mountains of north Iraq they wouldn't have survived long, that was their situations pre-1991 when the Iraqi army was still all over northern Iraq including around Qandil. PKK's base is the entire KRG.

If we look at a recent example. ISI (Islamic State predecessor) was dying down in 2011, 2012 when they had area to operate freely. The Syrian conflict gave them the opportunity of a new base area to regroup and come back. PKK pre-1991 didn't have much operational freedom in Iraq, their activity was limited. Suddenly after 1991 their activity spiked due to the breathing room they were given. The KRG provides this breathing room and it is not limited to the mountains in the far north.
The mountains will be a natural barrier once cleared, thats the strategy behind it if you ask me.

Baghdad just decided to stop advancing, when your leader and society prefer to live on lies to save face and uphold a false image of bravery you are DOOMED

Baghdad is full controlled by U.S. You will do what U.S has decide. One example, Baghdad has decided to buy Siemens power plant. After U.S intervention, now they will buy U.S one (GE.). You are not a sovereign country. You are the only one, who are doomed. Face it. You will never be independent. At least not in the next decades.

Baghdad is full controlled by U.S. You will do what U.S has decide. One example, Baghdad has decided to buy Siemens power plant. After U.S intervention, now they will buy U.S one (GE.). You are not a sovereign country. You are the only one, who are doomed. Face it. You will never be independent. At least not in the next decades.

Siemens = German

You meant General Electric, which is incorrect information the deal has not been finalized. A Memorandum of Understanding was signed with GE and Siemens.

I'm speaking of something else, going by that only Iran is sovereign in the MENA region. Japan is not sovereign, S. Korea isn't according to such logic.

Thanks for your genius input, this forum is doomed as well. One day some self-declared analysts shouts we are under Iran's control, the next day someone speaks of America. The truth is no one controls Iraq, it's a balance of several sides on several levels. I know most here will have a hard time understanding even that simple message.

@CamelGuy the Americans do have a pretty big impact on many decisions in Iraq right now. I hope that the whole region will be able to resist American pressure in the future.

Back
Top Bottom