What's new

Tigris Shield Peace Operation Updates & Discussions

Barzani Dictatorship has nothing to do with Iraq, you lost that territory to Dictator Barzani long ago.

If it was not part of Iraq we would be better off, they take money and give nothing back, fill ministry positions to sabotage everything and are generally bitches to every outsider. Fact however is that they have more to do with Iraq than any other country, let's stick to reality instead.

Kurdistan Region and Turkey to open a new border crossing in Erbil
Zeteborder.jpg

The site of the Zete border crossing, with construction expected to begin in the near future, Sep. 24, 2018. (Photo: Kurdistan 24)

ERBIL (Kurdistan 24) – The Kurdistan Region and Turkey have agreed to open another international border gate to improve economic relations and tourism, a Kurdish official said on Monday.

The Zete border crossing will be the third international border crossing between the Kurdistan Region and its northern neighbor, and the first between the Erbil and Hakkari (Colemerg) provinces.

The gate is located in the town of Mergasor, which is expected to foster trade and tourism between the semi-autonomous region and Turkey.

upload_2018-9-24_18-23-24.png

“The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) and the Turkish government signed an agreement in 2014 to open the Zete border gate,” but due to the emergence of the Islamic State (IS) and a crushing financial crisis, the project was put on hold, Mergasor Mayor Ghafour Ahmed Mala-Swar told Kurdistan 24 on Monday.

“It will be the nearest border crossing between Erbil and Turkey.”

He added work to build the new trade-highway would begin this week, with workers and materials already at the site.

The Kurdistan Region and Turkey currently share two international border gates in the Duhok province. The two crossings are known as the Ibrahim Khalil International and Sarzeri gates.

While Sarzeri is reserved for tourists, Ibrahim Khalil remains the busiest border crossing, for both tourism and trade.

Azwar Mohammed, a shopkeeper in Mergasor near the future border gate of Zete, says the move is a positive one for the Kurdistan Region, particularly for the people in the quiet town.

“People in this area are either government employees or busy with livestock,” according to Mohammed, who believes the border gate will create plenty of jobs and motivate him to grow his business.

The federal government of Iraq has no direct border crossings with Turkey and only has land access through the Kurdistan Region.

Trade relations between the Kurdish region and Turkey generate about $10 billion in revenue annually.

Editing by Nadia Riva

(Additional reporting by Tayfur Mohammed)

Source: Kurdistan24

There must be a solution to the Kirkuk-Ceyhan pipeline to bypass these fucking Kurds who want a cut of the oil. Must take the border with Turkey, this is billions of dollars being lost cause of a few uneducated turban wearing dogs. Instead Kirkuk oil is exported to Iran now, fixing the Kurdish problem could let us export to Ceyhan and Europe directly from that.

$ BILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR

You told us that Mahdi couldn't be the candidate of PM, but new Iraqi president gave the authority to Mahdi to form the government.

What does that mean?

No, I said Sadr couldn't be a candidate for PM, Hadi al Amiri withdrew after Sistani (religious authority) made a statement that precluded him.

Adil al Mahdi was one of the 7 candidates as i've shown in this thread and he was the most likely to win as I pointed out a few days ago: https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/iraqs-7-prime-minister-candidates.578143/page-3

History of Mahdi:

In the 1970s, Abdul-Mahdi was a leading member of the Iraqi Communist Party. The Party split into two separate factions, the ICP-Central Committee, which was more accommodating of the military governments that had ruled Iraq since 1958, and the ICP-Central Leadership, which rejected all forms of cooperation of what it regarded as anti-progressive regimes, in 1967. Abdul-Mahdi joined the ICP-Central Leadership, and continued being active until it gradually disappeared by the early 1980s. By that time, Abdul-Mahdi adopted Iranian Islamic ideas, eventually merging with the Islamists when Ayatollah Khomeini eradicated the communists and other liberal oppositions groups in Iran. Abdul-Mahdi continued his association with Iran and gradually amalgamated his group within the ICP-Central Leadership with the Iranians, rejecting his Marxist past and devoting all his group's time to propagating Khomeini's ideas in France, where he lived at the time. He eventually was made a member of the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, an exiled opposition party and militia that was formed by Iran in Tehran in 1982 but composed exclusively of Iraqi exiles.[4]

Great duo, loss for Barzani given the KDP lost president position.

Last edited:
No, I said Sadr couldn't be a candidate for PM, Hadi al Amiri withdrew after Sistani (religious authority) made a statement that precluded him.

Adil al Mahdi was one of the 7 candidates as i've shown in this thread and he was the most likely to win as I pointed out a few days ago:

Ohhh, correct. I confused names :lol:

I see a lot caves why dont the Turkish army use some flamethrowers??

Maybe it's time to recognise such Iraqi actions as "support towards PKK" so we can behave Iraq as PKK, and using this as a justification to roll down until Fellujah. This will fix most of our problems.

Maybe it's time to recognise such Iraqi actions as "support towards PKK" so we can behave Iraq as PKK, and using this as a justification to roll down until Fellujah. This will fix most of our problems.

Going to UN is like going to school teacher to complain. It shouldn’t be taken serious.

Occupying Iraq like US did is not a good idea. It is very costly and it has a lot of down sides. Current strategy of Turkey in Iraq is the best where we use Guerilla style attacks on PKK.

LOL. :lol:

Iraq can ask the Greeks and Cypriots for the way...

Yeah lol goodluck with that. A forum of fucking kids.

I said long ago that Erdogan's strategy with regards to 'Kurdistan' will benefit Turkey economically but will be paid with blood by soldiers. Which doesn't take a genius to figure out, when you fuel Kurds and their nationalist idea for economic benefit in the short term you will deal with the consequences of growing insurgency long-term. 'You' = conscripts and other working class soldiers, not Erdogan and his son in suits.

Back
Top Bottom