What's new

Tibetans accept Chinese sovereity

Is that a joke?

China need that guy's approval for sovereignty???

China has controlled Tibet for more than 400 years and we need no other punk's damn approval!!!

WASHINGTON--The leader of Tibet's exiled government said Wednesday he would accept the Chinese Communist Party's rule in the territory, assuring Beijing it faced no threat to its sovereignty if it eases its grip.

Lobsang Sangay, who was elected in 2011 to a new position of prime minister in exile after the Dalai Lama gave up political duties, appealed to China for new talks on the grievances that have triggered a wave of self-immolations.

On a visit to Washington, Sangay said that the exiled government based in Dharamshala, India, was “not challenging China's sovereignty or territorial integrity” through its repeated calls for greater autonomy.

“What we seek is genuine autonomy as per the framework of the Chinese constitution. In short, if the Chinese government implements their own law, we would take that as genuine autonomy,” he said at the Council on Foreign Relations think tank.

“That, we think, is a moderate, reasonable solution which is a win-win proposition both for the Chinese government and the Tibetan people.”

Lobsang-Sangay-and-the-Da-007.jpg

Lobsang Sangay with the Dalai Lama at his swearing-in ceremony as leader of the Tibetan government-in-exile. Photograph: Tsering Topgyal/AP August 2011

China's constitution grants Tibet autonomy.

Sangay expressed hope that Tibetans would assume decision-making positions in the region — notably party secretary — and said he did not oppose the control of China's ruling Communists.

“We don't challenge, or ask for, an overthrow of the Communist Party. We don't question or challenge the present structure of the ruling party,” he said.

Exiled Tibetan prime minister says he's 'not challenging' China - The China Post

Is that a joke?

China need that guy's approval for sovereignty???

China has controlled Tibet for more than 400 years and we need no other punk's damn approval!!!

PRC invaded Tibet in 1950 and illegally occupied and annexed it. 2013 - 1950 = 400 years? Ha! Chinese math.

That guy is an Indian, has nothing to do with China. No need to give him any attention.

And Dalai Lama is a liar as always. Yeah, right now he pretends to be a nice person, because he has no power, there is nothing he can do. But when you check his past before 1953, you can find his evil side.

What did he do?

What did he do?

Considering he was born in 1935 - what evil deeds did the Dalai Lama do in teenage years? LOL - The Chinese must be the most brainwashed citizenry on the planet. Although I must say I have never had to converse with a North Korean.

i don't think so.

Considering he was born in 1935 - what evil deeds did the Dalai Lama do in teenage years? LOL - The Chinese must be the most brainwashed citizenry on the planet. Although I must say I have never had to converse with a North Korean.

i am with u sir.

Freedom to starve? Perhaps you exhausted that freedom in the not-so Great Leap Forward or the Cultural Revolution. Or maybe not. The Tibetan refugees who seek refuge in India look pretty starved to us.

But counting the victims of starvation in India since its creation till today, China would pale significantly.

PRC invaded Tibet in 1950 and illegally occupied and annexed it. 2013 - 1950 = 400 years? Ha! Chinese math.

Hmm, got a map from 1905, which states that Tibet was Chinese.
Map%20of%20China%201905.jpg

This one is from 1934. Both maps were made by your former master, the UK.
Map%20of%20China%201934.jpg

Tibet deserves to be a free nation - just as it was before China invaded, illegally occupied it and forcibly annexed it. The fact that the Tibetans are still offering an olive branch to China, shows that they truly love Tibet and abhor violence.

This is the bright side of having Tibet dissidents exiled to india and your stupid government accepting them. These people have seen both worlds: an advancing, clean, hardworking and forward moving China vs a backward, dirty, lazy and incapable india.

Violence is their own creation. They should have seen a lot more violence in india. They have had enough of the indian "culture" and make a far better choice!

He can't. Because his proposal, it's not just that and mainland China government disagree with all his proposal.

He also demanding China to make Tibet territory province much bigger, including big part of Sichuan, Yunnan and Qinghai. Forbid Han Chinese and anyone to enter Tibet, except Westerners. Established democracy government with strong tie with US. No China military present in Tibet land.

The self-immolation tactic idea, is probably came and enforced by CIA by encouraging young Tibetan monks to do so.

Exiled Tibetan is pretty fanatics and ignorant. China allowing cross border, and this is used by exile Tibetan CIA agents to spread false information and unrest in Tibet. Many of young Tibetan fall into this, some even believing that Dharmasala is an ultra modern small city with very high living standard and many things are free.

the americans have funded the tibetan separatists through orgs like voice of america. they (separatists) run a school brainwashing the exiles in india

Götterdämmerung;4268703 said:
But counting the victims of starvation in India since its creation till today, China would pale significantly.

That is the biggest crime to humanity ever in human history!

sovereignty is unconditionality. tibetans who presume to accept our sovereignty in exchange for even one penny or one hair are always in defiance of sovereignty and deserve all the cruel treatments sovereigns preserve for people who committed high treason: quartering by horses, boiling in a cauldron, beheading, skinning. this new tibetan leader already deserved all these treatments for all his talk about "accepting" chinese sovereignty.

You must be an idiot to say that. Do you know anything about Chinese history at all?

Do you know what Dalai Lama mean actually? Who has invented this title and gave it to that monk?

Do you know under Qing Dynasty, every dalai lama had to be approved by the central government???

Qing Emperors have set up special government in tibet as well for ruling. So who is the ultimate dummy???

Gosh, they're getting so desperate. I wonder how much further they'll cave once the Dalai Llama goes down.

Götterdämmerung;4268703 said:

Hmm, got a map from 1905, which states that Tibet was Chinese.
Map%20of%20China%201905.jpg

This one is from 1934. Both maps were made by your former master, the UK.
Map%20of%20China%201934.jpg

I know Chinese people like to believe whatever their white masters tell them - after all they pay for the sweatshops. Anyhow - if Tibet was not a free nation why did China sign the 17 point agreement with Tibet - did it sign it with any other province?

I have to say that even I don't like the CCP, I do 100% support their action of freeing Tibet, since it is one of the few good things the CCP have ever done. Tibet was in its Middle Ages before the CCP had free the people.

In fact many Han people are dissatisfied and envy about Tibetans because the CCP is playing double standards within the Chinese ethnic group. Not to mention Tibetans people don't need to pat for their education fees.

I'm afraid I have bad news for China!

Indians on BR are plotting to invade Mt. Kailash and Tibet. :rofl:

On a serious note, not that it matters, it's just one person's opinion on an internet forum. The Han Chinese should vacate Tibet. FREE TIBET. I know, ain't happening! :cray:

Back
Top Bottom