What's new

Tiananmen Square Anniversary Marked by Thousands

Sorry. Forgot about that. Yes, he does have merit for that, and Mao was spineless for not occupying HK during the 1967 riots.

No worries bro. :cheers:
Personally I like to think our leaders all have their ups and downs. No one of the were perfect.

you can try and read Sidney Rittenberg Memoir "The Man Who Stayed Behind" , when a leader is being worshiped like a god.......something has gone really wrong

Hi, I know that book, and I do not think Mao is perfect. Deng too should not be regarded as a perfect god like you are trying to say, and Mao is not the demon the Western Media portrays him to be. Because we all know Mao's faults, I thought it would be great to educate you on his merits. Again, leader worship and pure hatred are just flip sides of the same coin. Yesterday's Red Guards all became hardcore Evangelical Christians or self-hating racists after 1989.

Hi, I know that book, and I do not think Mao is perfect. Deng too should not be regarded as a perfect god like you are trying to say, and Mao is not the demon the Western Media portrays him to be. Because we all know Mao's faults, I thought it would be great to educate you on his merits. Again, leader worship and pure hatred are just flip sides of the same coin. Yesterday's Red Guards all became hardcore Evangelical Christians or self-hating racists after 1989.
Of course funny no real conclusion just as those made up by someone here on the other side.

If someone like below freezing take control of China...........god help us all. Welcome to North Korea 2.0 the happiest place on the planet......
Other Asian country would only be too happy to take away your business .............do you know how Singapore start to prosper??? Yup, thanks to Mao

Care to elaborate the bold bit?

Mr. Roy, Sir,

Almost by definition all of the PRC posters here at the PDF are from the privileged class of the PRC. That is, they are all the children of party members and are benefiting personally from the PRC system, post-Tiananmen. So, no need for confusion! They are part of the Chinese oppressing clique, lock stock and barrel.....

Bit cynical of you to say that don't you think? Almost everyone posting here is of some upper class of society being formally educated with access to reasonable resources. Middle or lower middle Americans can be considered lower-upper class Chinese or Indians with regards to education or purchasing power. Look at yourself before generalizing others.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Woah two anons together! I think I have seen it all.:lol:

Mate I thought I was seeing double :D

22 years later, China is the Second World economic superpower, China is the leading industrial superpower, no1 in Shipbuilding, textile, supercomputing, infrastruture building, holding the world's largest foreign currency reserve etc. Indeed happy belated anniversary, hopefully the tiannamen insurgencies led by the West and the CIA had not been successful otherwise what would be China today? Another Western colony or at least an ordinary country deprived of its resources by the West and perhaps one of the poorest country in the World whereby Chinese would still be considered as inferior to White people.

Personal bit to add to the thread. When 89' happened my family was in Germany and dad (not a party member durrr) was in Gottingen U doing his PhD. All Chinese students were offered refugee status and permission to stay in Germany. Now no one we knew was an activist or even cared about democracy, they were just students and most of them were sent on government scholarships to increase academic communication with the west. But some of them took the 'refugee status' anyways, understandable I guess, because life was much more prosperous in Germany. My family didn't, and years later, every single one of them wanted to go back to China and were allowed to. Germany they found was still the same xenophobic and intolerant place that it was (it was ok if you're a student but if you wanted to take 'German' jobs.... oh boy), they were heavily discriminated against.

Chinese government holding no grudge let every single one of these persecuted 'pro-democracy' refugees back into the country, and now many of the ones that my parents still keep in touch with holding teaching positions and research positions given by the government.

Party member or not should not be in concern.It is really awful to defame CCP meanwhile being a party member and enjoy the privilege.

Hong Kong and Macao are worthless for a leader of a big country like ours to settle with.

I won't say Hong Kong and Macao are worthless at all. Saying that is like saying to everyone that Taiwan is worthless to a big country like ours. In which case we should let Taiwan have its independence? Absolutely not.

Personal bit to add to the thread. When 89' happened my family was in Germany and dad (not a party member durrr) was in Gottingen U doing his PhD. All Chinese students were offered refugee status and permission to stay in Germany. Now no one we knew was an activist or even cared about democracy, they were just students and most of them were sent on government scholarships to increase academic communication with the west. But some of them took the 'refugee status' anyways, understandable I guess, because life was much more prosperous in Germany. My family didn't, and years later, every single one of them wanted to go back to China and were allowed to. Germany they found was still the same xenophobic and intolerant place that it was (it was ok if you're a student but if you wanted to take 'German' jobs.... oh boy), they were heavily discriminated against.

Chinese government holding no grudge let every single one of these persecuted 'pro-democracy' refugees back into the country, and now many of the ones that my parents still keep in touch with holding teaching positions and research positions given by the government.

It was dark times in Germany then. They were still split in the middle and separated by the Berlin Wall. Things have changed a great deal since then. Been to Berlin a few times after the collapse of the wall and the contrast of the two sides was an eye opener for me. However I am glad it was all over and the Germans can finally reunite with the friends and families.

Back
Top Bottom