What's new

Thunders hunting for the first kill

PAF has active seeking BVRs, AESA AWACs, EW, they dont.

Sir, biggest rule of engagement: don't consider the enemy weak. The Iranians, having suffered much from sanctions, are a resourceful bunch indeed. And now that America has given them leniency, they will be making up for lost time.

In the future, I won't be surprised if the Tejas ends up with the Afghan airforce, but don't hold me on this.

Oh, didn't know that.

Then you need to do a lot of research before making silly comments, you can get all your info here on PDF and the internet .

Last edited:
Then you need to do a lot of research before making silly comments, you can get all your info any more here on PDF and the internet .
Alright alright, no need to get all defensive.

Sir, biggest rule of engagement: don't consider the enemy weak. The Iranians, having suffered much from sanctions, are a resourceful bunch indeed. And now that America has given them leniency, they will be making up for lost time.

In the future, I won't be surprised if the Tejas ends up with the Afghan airforce, but don't hold me on this.

Do you think, current Afghan Govt will sustain for longer period?
Old Mi 35 examples delivered from USSR to Kabul are still in our museums.

Let them donate or sell.....eventually useless......as minority and weak group can never hold power without others shoulders and others are now reluctant to be in fire game.

Do you think, current Afghan Govt will sustain for longer period?
Old Mi 35 examples delivered from USSR to Kabul are still in our museums.

Let them donate or sell.....eventually useless......as minority and weak group can never hold power without others shoulders and others are now reluctant to be in fire game.

Things can go in many different directions. Imagine if America gives the go ahead to India to start creating secure basis while comitting more troops itself. You now have an American/Afghan/Indian nexus. Although Russia would want vengeance for its defeat, India's involvement and the multi billion dollar agreements at stake could make it neutral.

Time is of essence in Afghanistan. We need to decisively topple the government before any meaningful coalition can crystallize against Pakistan.

HAHA

true that

Many years ago there was a match between Pakistan and Bangladesh in which our spinner Abdul Qadir literally fell to the ground laughing at an outgoing Bangladeshi batsman. And he kept laughing loudly for an uncharacteristically long time. Strangely enough today we find ourselves a laughing stock when compared with the likes of India, Australia, and South Africa. Given our abysmal record, the Australians actually have every right to laugh us out of the ground.

Pride sees its downfall in very humiliating ways. Let us not make that mistake. While we laugh at Afghanistan in online forums, repeatedly, our government officials represent us in international fora to receive a slap on the face at the hands of India and Afghanistan: SAARC and the recent peace conference. Where our own government is out on a limb to utterly denigerate us at every opportunity possible, I dont really see any reason to go HAHA. Food for thought Mr. Counter Terrorism Expert.

F14 are not properly upgraded, mig29 are free m
Many years ago there was a match between Pakistan and Bangladesh in which our spinner Abdul Qadir literally fell to the ground laughing at an outgoing Bangladeshi batsman. And he kept laughing loudly for an uncharacteristically long time. Strangely enough today we find ourselves a laughing stock when compared with the likes of India, Australia, and South Africa. Given our abysmal record, the Australians actually have every right to laugh us out of the ground.

Pride sees its downfall in very humiliating ways. Let us not make that mistake. While we laugh at Afghanistan in online forums, repeatedly, our government officials represent us in international fora to receive a slap on the face at the hands of India and Afghanistan: SAARC and the recent peace conference. Where our own government is out on a limb to utterly denigerate us at every opportunity possible, I dont really see any reason to go HAHA. Food for thought Mr. Counter Terrorism Expert.

I agree with your comment

Pakistan government doe snot represent Pakistan strength and case to the world. All of our institutions are getting weaker by day. we have lost glory in sports. education standards have fallen really bad. there is still some level of excellence in education but that is in pockets. on a flip side Pakistan social work fabric has gone strong. but as a nation we are in a spiral down. and the indication is when countries like Afghanistan and Bangladesh slap us around and we could not do nothing. and the irony is that these are Muslim majority countries. Specially Afghanistan should have been our best friend. We are politically divided and distributed in all forms humanly possible. Pakistan as a nation need to pick right leaders to set the ball in motion. I am no PTI member. But PTI has done some better work than any other elected government so far. that could be of some hope.

Things can go in many different directions. Imagine if America gives the go ahead to India to start creating secure basis while comitting more troops itself. You now have an American/Afghan/Indian nexus. Although Russia would want vengeance for its defeat, India's involvement and the multi billion dollar agreements at stake could make it neutral.

Time is of essence in Afghanistan. We need to decisively topple the government before any meaningful coalition can crystallize against Pakistan.

I m optimistic about upcoming situation. Allies are getting tired and loosing interest.Things will turn back. Ball is coming in our court soon.

F14 are not properly upgraded, mig29 are free m

I agree with your comment

Pakistan government doe snot represent Pakistan strength and case to the world. All of our institutions are getting weaker by day. we have lost glory in sports. education standards have fallen really bad. there is still some level of excellence in education but that is in pockets. on a flip side Pakistan social work fabric has gone strong. but as a nation we are in a spiral down. and the indication is when countries like Afghanistan and Bangladesh slap us around and we could not do nothing. and the irony is that these are Muslim majority countries. Specially Afghanistan should have been our best friend. We are politically divided and distributed in all forms humanly possible. Pakistan as a nation need to pick right leaders to set the ball in motion. I am no PTI member. But PTI has done some better work than any other elected government so far. that could be of some hope.

One and all they belong to the same creed, whether PTI, or PPP, or ML. What we need is someone like Gen. Raheel Sharif becoming Prime Minister.

I m optimistic about upcoming situation. Allies are getting tired and loosing interest.Things will turn back. Ball is coming in our court soon.

A part of American interest in Afghanistan is to counter Pakistani influence. America will never tolerate Pakistan gaining strategic depth in Afghanistan. It won't even settle for a neutral Afghanistan. It will back a malicious anti-Pakistan government in Kabul to rope us into war of some nature. Whether it is the current sub-conventional conflict, limited war such as happened on the Chaman border, a repeat of something akin to Salala, the hammer part of a broader hammer and anvil, or a one part in a pincer, we need to be prepared for an American orchestrated, American backed war. Its goals being to keep draining us economically so we have to spend disproportionately on security. Also to give India and America an excuse to attack our strategic defence infrastructure.

As their is no Afghan Air Force operational. Still Jf-17 has been extensively used on ground attack roles on western borders, even LGB's were used from thunders, but with ground lazing or buddy lazing. Now it might be possible that Aselon pods have already been tested in real action without ground support.
PAF never used JF17 for ground roles. JF17 doesn't have LGBs mate to it as of yet. Aselson pod will solve that issue but only Fsola were used in counter insurgency. PAF admitted it already.

Per paf history book 99-2013 mirage, f16 and pg were used in operations against militants if Jf were it must be after 2013

If mirages and pg can be used so can Jf with buddy and ground based laser pointer like with pg and mirages
Infact c130 were providing targeting for lgb

I do not think the reason for not using Jf was, it was new and the priority was induction and training while other Ac could fulfill the need

Last edited:
Pakistan government doe snot represent Pakistan strength and case to the world. All of our institutions are getting weaker by day. we have lost glory in sports. education standards have fallen really bad. there is still some level of excellence in education but that is in pockets. on a flip side Pakistan social work fabric has gone strong. but as a nation we are in a spiral down. and the indication is when countries like Afghanistan and Bangladesh slap us around and we could not do nothing. and the irony is that these are Muslim majority countries. Specially Afghanistan should have been our best friend. We are politically divided and distributed in all forms humanly possible. Pakistan as a nation need to pick right leaders to set the ball in motion. I am no PTI member. But PTI has done some better work than any other elected government so far.
Pakistan needs to increase its spending on education sector. That is the one pill for all its ills.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom