What's new

These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality

Why don't we just set of nukes in the core in a sequence to get the core started =)

But seriously, a planetwide magnetic field?! How powerful a reactor would you need for something like this?

I hope the nuke thing was a joke. :P

For the other question, it'd be a humongous task, considering present day technology. And they would have to be put additional energy on cooling the superconductor below -170 degree celsius. But in theory, i'd work, provided they can generate enough energy in Mar's surface, preferably Nuclear.

The entire circumference has to covered by a continues coil of Superconductors. Two at poles, and one at equator.

True, but warp drive does not violate the speed of light limit because it's not the craft that's moving fast but space-time itself like a conveyor belt.
For someone new to the idea of space-time, it takes a while to fully grasp the concept. I would suggest checking out some youtube videos to try and understand. (btw, this was not intended for you, but to the person you were responding to)

Basically, let's assume that there's a limit to how fast you can draw a line between two points on a paper. If you wish to draw it faster, you fold the paper into a cylinder to make the two points meet. So you're not violating the speed limit, you're just bending the platform to your advantage.

There are many energy generating policy and increasing efficiency patents filed, but one wonders why those have not implemented.

Seems like a global conspiracy or something.

You can bet on that, there are many stake holders who would not want oil to be replaced by anything else, apart from the oil exporters who will be directly affected, the strength of USD also comes from its global use for oil trade.

Has anyone read about the crazy Japanese idea of using superconductors to generate magnetic field on Mars and Moon, enabling them to sustain an atmosphere.
Epitome of Terraforming, if you guys are interested.
There are many such theories. I think I saw in some documentary.

Work on dark energy and dark matter is interesting to me. The implication that 96% of the universe is made up of stuff we don't know.

Wonder if a civilisation could tap into that

Given the scientific achievement we had in the last decade, i'm highly optimistic that by 2300, Humans will be a space faring race.

I am an idiot, so kindly bear with me. Isn't graphene like a single layer or something??

Could you explain graphene if you don't mind =]
Strongest C-C bond, single layer, hexagonal I think.:D

There are many such theories. I think I saw in some documentary.

My lecturer of Semiconductor Physics, who did his PhD from University of Tokyo showed the paper to us, explaining the immense possibilities the superconductors hold.

Given the scientific achievement we had in the last decade, i'm highly optimistic that by 2300, Humans will be a space faring race.

The speculation is of course, any civilisation that utilises dark energy might be god-like. In terms of being techno gods

My lecturer of Semiconductor Physics, who did his PhD from University of Tokyo showed the paper to us, explaining the immense possibilities the superconductors hold.

Even roads made up of super conductors where transport can levitate and save fuel on overcoming friction.

Or was it magnets??

I study MBA. It shows lol

Okay, you beat me to it. I wasn't aware of Carbyne

I'm an atheist. So the concept of God is nonexistent to me.

I'm an atheist as well. But I did say god like, plus I like the irony that the closest we will ever get to god is our mastery of the sciences.

Back
Top Bottom