What's new

The world famous Arabian horse

How did these horses survive in desert? Were there wild horses in the desert or were they brought in from somewhere else and domesticated?

We have pure Arabians in Mona depot Army Pakistan, But please tell me about arabian horse types?

How did these horses survive in desert? Were there wild horses in the desert or were they brought in from somewhere else and domesticated?

You must be a highly ignorant to think that the giant Arab world is a desert solely. Because many of our deserts are fertile for large parts of the year. We have volcanic, mountainous, rocky and sandy deserts. Some are even fertile for half of the year and some contain lakes and huge underwater reserves.
For Gods sake large areas of the Arabian Peninsula (just a part of the Arab world) have tropical climate and even monsoon rains. Known as Khareef in Arabic. The Arab world also has more areas that have a Mediterranean climate than any other place on earth.

Khareef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Visiting those two thread below will clear your ignorance in this regard.

On page 30 alone there are 200 photos from KSA, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain and UAE.

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 30

Or this thread;

Saudi Arabia in Pictures | Page 77

There is plenty of greenery in Najd (thought to be the original "homeland" of the Arabian horse) and the region is also home to some of the largest palm groves in the world and it has thousands of oasis and huge underground water sources/reserves.

No, the Arabian Horse was not imported from anywhere for all I know. Maybe once 10.000 years ago. But it has lived in Arabia and the Arab world for thousands upon thousands of years hence why it is called an Arabian horse. Besides those horses adopted to the local climates.

In August, Saudi officials announced the discovery of evidence at Al-Magar indicating horse domestication in the region dated back 9000 years.

Evidence for horse domestication: the picture gets clearer - Features - Horsetalk.co.nz

@al-Hasani

Now if this legendary film does not show the beauty of the Arabian horse, I don't know what will.

On of the greatest scenes ever in film history.

Beautiful scene, bro. Whether Arabian or not, I love horses and animals in general.:D

You must be a highly ignorant to think that the giant Arab world is a desert solely. Because many of our deserts are fertile for large parts of the year. We have volcanic, mountainous, rocky and sandy deserts. Some are even fertile for half of the year and some contain lakes and huge underwater reserves.
For Gods sake large areas of the Arabian Peninsula (just a part of the Arab world) have tropical climate and even monsoon rains. Known as Khareef in Arabic. The Arab world also has more areas that have a Mediterranean climate than any other place on earth.

Khareef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Visiting those two thread below will clear your ignorance in this regard.

On page 30 alone there are 200 photos from KSA, Yemen, Oman, Bahrain and UAE.

The Arabian Peninsula and Arab world in photos | Page 30

Or this thread;

Saudi Arabia in Pictures | Page 77

There is plenty of greenery in Najd (thought to be the original "homeland" of the Arabian horse) and the region is also home to some of the largest palm groves in the world and it has thousands of oasis and huge underground water sources/reserves.

No, the Arabian Horse was not imported from anywhere for all I know. Maybe once 10.000 years ago. But it has lived in Arabia and the Arab world for thousands upon thousands of years hence why it is called an Arabian horse. Besides those horses adopted to the

I am sorry, I didn't know that you are so insecure about calling a desert a desert. Yes there are patches of greenery around but by and large the Arabian peninsula is a desert. There is nothing to feel insecure about it though. After all you got oil. You can't expect to get everything, can you? I mean imagine yourself without oil and where you will be without it, so be happy and content. Anyways thank you for the reply.

I am sorry, I didn't know that you are so insecure about calling a desert a desert. Yes there are patches of greenery around but by and large the Arabian peninsula is a desert. There is nothing to feel insecure about it though. After all you got oil. You can't expect to get everything, can you? I mean imagine yourself without oil and where you will be without it, so be happy and content. Anyways thank you for the reply.

Hidjaz is not a Desert, and Hidjazis in general despise being called a desert, a Bedouin, or any of the things that may be applicable to our Najdi brethren and it is considered an insult in Hidjazi culture. And you can keep your condescending tone to yourself.

Hidjaz is not a Desert, and Hidjazis in general despise being called a desert, a Bedouin, or any of the things that may be applicable to our Najdi brethren and it is considered an insult in Hidjazi culture. And you can keep your condescending tone to yourself.

Wait desert is an insulting word for you?

I asked a simple question about the horses, how they managed to survive in such harsh climate, I got a lecture on how I was an ignorant. That is insecurity in my book. You can keep your patronizing attitude to yourself.

Wait desert is an insulting word for you?

I asked a simple question about the horses, how they managed to survive in such harsh climate, I got a lecture on how I was an ignorant. That is insecurity in my book. You can keep your patronizing attitude to yourself.

Yes, yes in fact it is, Saudi Arabia is a nation that houses 4 distinct cultures inside of it, one of which is Hidjazi, Hidjazis and Jizanis of the south hate being associated with Desert and bedounism, they hate it a lot. Najdis and Shami Badiyat of the north on the other hand are proud of their desert past as they should, me and Al-Hasani are Hidjazis, and saying that we live in a desert is very insulting to us, Hidjazis have a culture that can be considered close to northern Sham culture in fact, Syria and Lebanon to be exact.

While I do agree that the majority of land in which current state Saudi Arabia holds is desert, Hidjaz is not a desert, it is mountains, shore and fertile farming grounds. You can say it is a pet peeve of Hidjazis to say we live in a desert.

Yes, yes in fact it is, Saudi Arabia is a nation that houses 4 distinct cultures inside of it, one of which is Hidjazi, Hidjazis and Jizanis of the south hate being associated with Desert and bedounism, they hate it a lot. Najdis and Shami Badiyat of the north on the other hand are proud of their desert past as they should, me and Al-Hasani are Hidjazis, and saying that we live in a desert is very insulting to us, Hidjazis have a culture that can be considered close to northern Sham culture in fact, Syria and Lebanon to be exact.

While I do agree that the majority of land in which current state Saudi Arabia holds is desert, Hidjaz is not a desert, it is mountains, shore and fertile farming grounds. You can say it is a pet peeve of Hidjazis to say we live in a desert.

So how is the desert this time of the year habibi?

I don't know, I have never been to a desert in my life, habibi.

That's too bad. You're missing out on life.

I am from desert area in Bakistan.

ed7930557a771b4805c050d9ddd8c313.jpg

0d93dc84b0bbbbc1908e407ec6986428.jpg

Thank you for the explanation.

But I wasn't asking about people or culture; the question was about the horses.

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation.

But I wasn't asking about people or culture; the question was about the horses.

Desert doesn't mean arid ground with no life, horses did live in the desert, they would move from oasis to oasis for food and water until domesticated by man, in fact it was the first horse to be domesticated considering recent evidence of ancient Arabian empires.

I do some volunteer work at the central texas arabian horse association by teaching kids how to ride. I always tell the kids if they don't go easy on the horse it might blow up like a real arabian.:lol:

Jokes aside its a good horse.

Desert doesn't mean arid ground with no life, horses did live in the desert, they would move from oasis to oasis for food and water until domesticated by man, in fact it was the first horse to be domesticated considering recent evidence of ancient Arabian empires.

Deserts can thrive and decline, it may seem lifeless at first glance, but behind the scenes there is much wild life.

Assuming deserts have no wild life is akin to presuming there is no wild life in the arctic circle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom