What's new

The world famous Arabian horse

@jaunty

I wrote to you initially that the Arabian horses live all over the Arabian Peninsula. Even in the tropical areas and the large mountainous regions that cover almost 50% of the geography of the Arabian Peninsula. Look at a topographic map.

Moreover I already explained to you that our only real desert is the Rub' al-Khali desert which is basically uninhabited outside of ancient Bedouin tribes who live on it's Southern Borders.

1d4725d6beb019b24df603cf04060d68.jpg

8afbe3874109f7e10a77d6f49a5062e8._.jpg

Nomads of the Nomads: The Al Murrah Bedouin of the Empty Quarter: Donald P. Cole: 9780882956053: Amazon.com: Books

Secondly the place that is thought to be the original homeland is Najd. Central Arabia in other words. Najd in Arabic means Highland. It's a region that has large agricultural areas, hundreds of valleys, large water reserves and it is even a mountainous region with mountains almost 2000 meters tall. There is also plenty of life. Not long ago many predators roamed around those areas. Cheetah's, lions (yes) and to this day there are still a few of them left. I am talking about predators here.

Besides the climate was vastly different 10.000 years ago in Central Arabia. For half of the year the weather in Najd is very pleasant and ideal for agriculture. Hence why some of our biggest agricultural areas can be found in Najd. Such as Al-Qassim, Unaizah, Buraidah etc.

Moreover you do not understand that most of our deserts are fertile for large parts of the year and that they come in all shapes and forms. Mountainous, rocky, volcanic, steppe like etc. The Rub' al Khali is the only real sand desert and that is why it is uninhabited while the other "deserts" of KSA are home to MILLIONS upon millions of people and also agriculture etc. But you won't know or understand that it seems.

This is how some of the "deserts" of Central Arabia (Najd) look like for almost half of the year.

This is around Riyadh as you can see which lies in the center of Najd;

b0daa90a649fb21034d08cd2a8249ff3.jpg
Riyadh Desert Saudi KSA Spring
by Life-Style, on Flickr

d8ab7f16603b3d336d85d60a661b5618.jpg
Riyadh Desert Saudi KSA Spring
by Life-Style, on Flickr

16f248feff33f3f4e69e83a5a3fc8e9a.jpg
Think Green!
by Waseef Akhtar, on Flickr

d9ed5f761b9b71bd7f887631bab81697.jpg
Architecture HDR-Explore Front Page
by TARIQ-M, on Flickr

Those are not oasis or anything as any idiot can spot. So you are telling me that those are conditions were horses cannot survive? Even wild ones? You do know that wild horses lived in KSA not long ago, right?

Last edited:
The Arabian horse is pretty much universally recognized as the most or one of the most well-known and desired horses. I suggest that you read post number 1 in this thread or just the entire thread.

With all due respect then I and most others do not know about any horses from Turkmenistan. The only Turkmen horse that I can think about is the Turkoman horse but it is now extinct and it was obviously never as famous as the Arabian, @MOHSENAM.

Do no troll this informative thread.
brother why u are so much hostile to a simple question actually he is right turkmen horse are the best horse in the world

and most others do not know about any horses from Turkmenistan.
your words really make me up set cuz u dont know about turkmen horse doesn't means they they are not know actually they are much better known in the world than arabian horse

The Akhal-Teke has had influence on many breeds, possibly including the Thoroughbred; the Byerly Turk, which may have been Akhal-Teke, an Arabian, or a Turkoman Horse), was one of the three major foundation stallions of the breed. Three other stallions thought to be of Turkoman origin, known as the "Lister Turk", the "White Turk", and the "Yellow Turk" were among a number of minor stallions from the orient who contributed to the foundation bloodstock of the Thoroughbred breed.[21] The Trakehner has also been influenced by the Akhal-Teke, most notably by the stallion, Turkmen-Atti, as have the Russian breeds Don, Budyonny, Karabair, and Karabakh.

The breed suffered greatly when the Soviet Union required horses to be slaughtered for meat, even though local Turkmen refused to eat them.[22] At one point only 1,250 horses remained and export from the Soviet Union was banned. The government of Turkmenistan now uses the horses as diplomatic presents as well as auctioning a few to raise money for improved horse breeding programs.[23]
Akhal-Teke - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The only Turkmen horse that I can think about is the Turkoman horse but it is now extinct and it was obviously never as famous as the Arabian,

except akhal teke we have yomud and goklan horse too
arabian and thoroughberd horse are mixed turkmen horse btw today arabian horse are more used because in past the demand for turkmen horse largely damged it's genetic storage this forced gov of turkmenistan to forbid selling of the horses

f9d39b67fc3eed0102c0a0c0923b70c3.jpg

4e883036f1887bbda1730fa1b1c12034.jpg

84bd442fdf3fb34962e240d9f420ad5a.jpg

5bf9e50f5acc33a821791ba769124360.jpg

1f10a6c75caf97c1ab1d967da495e296.jpg

d42a13ac216633b12d01dac97fb9ff6c.jpg

8f7c1b64ac82625e18d83ca6c42f4b3a.jpg

aba05852f6f403b0a5258a51827419fd.jpg

805584baaafa2679c748301f5e29488d.jpg

5fc4f64994026b0e808742dff71fb161.jpg

1f06b33a4a52df253eed3ac0398c4259.jpg

Horse Color - Akhal-Teke Association of America

AT Shop! - Sweet Water Farm Akhal-Teke
Akhal-teke horses for sale - Akhal-teke horses for sale - Main
Supermodel of the Horse World: the Golden Akhal-Teke | The Featured Creature

these horse are the horse like no other they shall not be like no other

Last edited:
With all due respect @asena_great then Arabian horses are more well-known and they are also more expensive. Did you even read the first post in this thread? Almost all famous rulers from time immortal have used Arabian horses. Almost all living horses have Arabian blood in them because the Arabian horse is the best when it comes to endurance, speed etc. It is also famous for its beauty. It is recognized as some of the most expensive as well as I wrote.

Arabian Horse-Most Expensive Horse in the World

There are currently about 6,600 Akhal-Tekes in the world, mostly in Turkmenistan and Russia, although they are also found throughout Europe and North America.[4]

So how can they be more famous?

If those Yomut and Goklan horses are so famous why do they not even have a English Wikipedia page?

Mate, you are wrong here and there is no shame in admitting that.

Besides that user I answered to is a serial troll that has now been banned.

Please do not derail this thread. It's about Arabian Horses.
Nobody said anything bad about Turkmen horses what was written was that they are not the most famous nor more famous than Arabians and every single horse expert will tell you the same. Likewise most PDF users will know what an Arabian horse is while (my guess) only a minority will know what a Akhal-Tekes horse is.

No ill harm meant and beautiful horses. Sorry if you misunderstood my post.

Last edited:
I wrote to you initially that the Arabian horses live all over the Arabian Peninsula.

That means they live in the deserts too, right? Doesn't it make my original post highly relevant? I also pointed out the the possibility of early domestication without any a priori knowledge on the subject. Now after doing a bit of research it is apparent that domestication was a main reason why they were able to survive those harsh conditions of the desert. Your posts were focused more on showing how SA was not a desert instead of the question that I asked. If you go back and review the thread with an open mind you would realize that you were hostile to me unnecessarily. My question was highly pertinent.

That means they live in the deserts too, right? Doesn't it make my original post highly relevant? I also pointed out the the possibility of early domestication without any a priori knowledge on the subject. Now after doing a bit of research it is apparent that domestication was a main reason why they were able to survive those harsh conditions of the desert. Your posts were focused more on showing how SA was not a desert instead of the question that I asked. If you go back and review the thread with an open mind you would realize that you were hostile to me unnecessarily. My question was highly pertinent.

Well, the only true desert in KSA is the Rub' al Khali which covers almost the entire Southeastern part of KSA. Horses do not live there from what I am aware of. Only camels that BTW originate in the Horn of Africa. In fact KSA IMPORTS camels from Australia, LOL, which has the highest amount of wild camels in the world with Somalia being 2 I believe. You can google yourself.

Najd (Central Arabia), which means highland in Arabic, is not entirely desert at all. Only parts of it and those deserts there are fertile during many months of the year as you can see by my photos. It is home to hundreds of valleys, highlands, steppe and large agricultural areas and some of the biggest palm grooves in the world.

Al-Qassim, Unaizah, Buraidah etc. are famous for having very large agricultural areas where most fruits and vegetables grow.

What is special with Najd is the climate. The climate is very hot during the summer (June, July, August, September) but there are also great varieties between night and day. Nights can get quite cold.

I already answered your question. Yes, due to the climate and the horse also inhabiting desert it has got some unique characteristics such as endurance, speed, power and its strong bonds with people.

Deserts and steppes. This is important to notice.

But this is one theory. Some say that Arabian horses originated in Yemen which is mainly mountainous. So there are a few theories. What is known is that the Arabian Horse has been present in the Arabian Peninsula for 9000 years or so. More I cannot tell you.

Last edited:
With all due respect @asena_great then Arabian horses are more well-known and they are also more expensive. Did you even read the first post in this thread? Almost all famous rulers from time immortal have used Arabian horses. Almost all living horses have Arabian blood in them because the Arabian horse is the best when it comes to endurance, speed etc. It is also famous for its beauty. It is recognized as some of the most expensive as well as I wrote.
brother i never said Arabian horse are not awesome or they are unknown ofc they are one of the best horses in the world im just informing u turkmen horse is not what u said here in this thread

So how can they be more famous?

actually turkmen horse get famous in ww1 for the first time Russian use turkmens and their deadly horse against the germans in that time this hourses get internationally famous and later soviet export them to all glob (largly damge it's breed ) they European nobles buy these horse and mixed them with their own local horses

about the use of turkmen horse all the seljuk sultans and safavid /afshar/qajar kings and russian tezars and generals like Georgy Zhukov and Aleksey Kuropatkin used these horses

Georgy Zhukov used akhal teke horse for victory marsh of ww2

45ec9f29c29fdb9aee1a15b85dc1bce9._.jpg

3 akhal teke horse run the victory march of greatest war in mankind history Zhukov riding a grey Akhal-Teke horse during the Moscow Victory Parade of 1945. Next to him marshal Rokossovski on a black horse

dude like i say they are already famous today they are under breeding policy i hop to see they number grow once again

If those Yomut and Goklan horses are so famous why do they not even have a English Wikipedia page?
Iomud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yomut page

yomut and goklan horse belongs to yomud and goklan tribe of turkmen whom only live in iran eastern part of caspian sea these horses are just a steps from extantion their number was good once but druing iran - iraq war iranian gov kill so many of them for meat now their number is largely drop and due to mismanagement of iranian gov their number didn't grow so much among all three breed yomud horse are the best turkmen horses today buying and selling of these horse among none locals is forbidden and exiting these horse from iran is illegal , exiting them illegally has a heavy punishment

Please do not derail this thread. It's about Arabian Horses.
ok brother this was my last post i wont post again u have my word

Last edited:
"Speed, beauty, nobleness, elegance, loyalty, endurance, strength and companionship."

Both. Don't we all want to have a wife with those attributes?:lol:

Nope you dont want Speed in a wife ;)

Lovley pics and a nice read but i thought Gengis Khan would have have ridden a Mongolian horse not an Arab?

As for speed the Walers from Australia ridden by the light horse may not have been as pretty but they could out run an Arab.

"Speed, beauty, nobleness, elegance, loyalty, endurance, strength and companionship."

Nope you dont want Speed in a wife ;)

Lovley pics and a nice read but i thought Gengis Khan would have have ridden a Mongolian horse not an Arab?

As for speed the Walers from Australia ridden by the light horse may not have been as pretty but they could out run an Arab.

This totally depends when that "speed" is going to be used and for what.:lol:

I am quite sure that the Mongols used the Mongolian horse by large.

I don't know anything about the Walers but a quick Google search shows that it's a mixed race and one of the components that created it was the Arabian horse.:) Did the aboriginals use horses or camels before the European "discovery"? I think I recall reading that this was NOT the case.

Brother, do you have Arabian horses in Pakistan or horses who descend from the Arabian horse? A lot of other horses are of an Arabian bloodstock or partial one.
Sorry for interruption sheikh.
We have arabian horses in Pakistan Army mona Depot located at sargodha, certified from World Arabian horse Organisation W.A.H.O. Some land lords from elite background have straight egyptian Arabian horses.
Personally i like Arabian horse due to it's loyalty and endurance. :)

Sorry for interruption sheikh.
We have arabian horses in Pakistan Army mona Depot located at sargodha, certified from World Arabian horse Organisation W.A.H.O. Some land lords from elite background have straight egyptian Arabian horses.
Personally i like Arabian horse due to it's loyalty and endurance. :)
It's sheer beauty can't be ignored either.

I think it was you who posted a thread on Arabians in the PA. Can you post the link?

Best Regards

Back
Top Bottom