What's new

The Wehrmacht In Pictures: A Look At One of History's Legendary Fighting Force

Ah the French one... :)

Fun fact: konigstiger actually means Bengal tiger.... Bengal tigers have hype of their own in Europe :3

sorry to claim u wrong on this...

Königstiger was later used for Bengal Tiger

early use of the German word Königstiger was refering to english hunts men reports of shooting "royal/king Tiger"... a king or Royal Tiger was just a huge example of any sort of Tiger with a nice pattern... that was the first addopting in Germany of the word Königstiger... later they used Königstiger for the Bengal Tiger

sorry to claim u wrong on this...

Königstiger was later used for Bengal Tiger

early use of the German word Königstiger was refering to english hunts men reports of shooting "royal/king Tiger"... a king or Royal Tiger was just a huge example of any sort of Tiger with a nice pattern... that was the first addopting in Germany of the word Königstiger... later they used Königstiger for the Bengal Tiger
but i thought the word konigstiger was incorrectly used by US soldiers in WW2 in relation to the tiger 2 tank which was also reffered to as king tiger in english!?

like in here! ? ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II

could you correct my confusion...

regards!

but i thought the word konigstiger was incorrectly used by US soldiers in WW2 in relation to the tiger 2 tank which was also reffered to as king tiger in english!?

like in here! ? ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_II

could you correct my confusion...

regards!

Königstiger was the inofficel German name of the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II (Sd.Kfz. 182)

The Allied refeerd to it as Royal Tiger or King Tiger... they got the name from German propaganda.

As I said the early use of the german word Königstiger was the translation of english huntsmen reports... there the "Royal/King Tiger" was just a huge example of a Tiger with a fine black pattern of stripes... later the word Königstiger was used to specific name the Bengal or indish Tiger...
They compare the word "Königstiger" to the word "Zwölfender"(twelfth ends) which means in German a capital stag with mighty twelfth antlers and no own race.

Königstiger was the inofficel German name of the Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II (Sd.Kfz. 182)

The Allied refeerd to it as Royal Tiger or King Tiger... they got the name from German propaganda.

As I said the early use of the german word Königstiger was the translation of english huntsmen reports... there the "Royal/King Tiger" was just a huge example of a Tiger with a fine black pattern of stripes... later the word Königstiger was used to specific name the Bengal or indish Tiger...
They compare the word "Königstiger" to the word "Zwölfender"(twelfth ends) which means in German a capital stag with mighty twelfth antlers and no own race.
alright! thanks for settling the doubts!

Afrika_Korps_Unit_Marked_Opel_Blitz_Truck_LKW.jpg
german-invasion-france-1940-ww2-second-world-war-rare-pictures-images-photos-history-010.jpg

@Nilgiri @Desert Fox well this thread ain't dead or locked that's good :cheers::tup:

History would have turned out much different if Hitler in his stupidity hadnt attacked Russia while Britain was still in fight.

Hey broski welcome back! Good to see you again on this forum. We need as many Wehrmacht fans as we can get. :cheers:
Thanks bro unfortunately i may not be active like previously but will keep in touch wid all my friends here :agree::cheers:
@Desert Fox will be glad to see your return hehe...Kudos bro.

I do like to post a vid or two from time to time here.
:tup:

Btw check this out you guys will find it interesting ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom