What's new

The Wehrmacht In Pictures: A Look At One of History's Legendary Fighting Force

We have lot of pictures and videos in this thread (and lot of discussion/analysis too) but the sounds of the war the wehrmacht fought in are somewhat lacking. Let us correct that a bit:

@Desert Fox @The Sandman @mingle
Awesome share buddy first vid isn't available for me but that 2nd vid woah those nebelwerfers looks and sounds terrifying!

We have lot of pictures and videos in this thread (and lot of discussion/analysis too) but the sounds of the war the wehrmacht fought in are somewhat lacking. Let us correct that a bit:

@Desert Fox @The Sandman @mingle

Awesome videos. Thanks for sharing. Could not play the first one.

Notice the most innovative weapons in the second video. Flak 88 gun on the bridge. It was super accurate and very potent. The Stuka dive bomber for precision strike of those days. The multiple launch rocket launchers.

Why shouldnt we be impressed of German weapons and technology! They developed these while under punitive sanctions as a result of Treaty of Versailles.

Stug with sled

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1550879687423.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550879687423.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 37
Interesting stuff:

@Desert Fox @Army research @The Sandman @airmarshal @Psychic @Dante80 @Vergennes

Basically sometimes quantity is that important, in early formation of doctrine in combined arms warfare....so you can scale up/fill out qualitatively later....rather than be hamstrung by focusing too much on the latter in early days.
Panzer IV with long barreled 75mm was adequate to take on all allied tanks (minus M-26 and maybe Churchill). In terms of soviet tanks, taking on KV/IS series was not easy, T-34's yes.

If Rommel had only long barreled Panzer IV's in Afrika Korps, things would have been different. The Panzer I's and II's were inadequate and Panzer III's a stop gap.

Interesting stuff:

@Desert Fox @Army research @The Sandman @airmarshal @Psychic @Dante80 @Vergennes

Basically sometimes quantity is that important, in early formation of doctrine in combined arms warfare....so you can scale up/fill out qualitatively later....rather than be hamstrung by focusing too much on the latter in early days.
Panzerkampfenwagen eins was very instrumental in the training of and conceptualization of combined armed lighting warfare ,
Also I've been following this channel for 2 years now ( since I was 16 ) , he has 2 versions ones visualized which has more graphics etc and then the non visualized which is more focused on adult discussions

Back
Top Bottom