Wehrmacht soldiers with MG34 Dimitrijewka Eastern Front July 1942
Wehrmacht_soldiers_with_MG34_Dimitrijewka_Eastern_Front_July_1942.jpg

Wehrmacht soldiers 1941 Kowno Eastern Front
Wehrmacht_soldiers_1941_Kowno_Eastern_Front.jpg

Wehrmacht troops MG 34 post with Zieloptik
Wehrmacht_troops_MG_34_post_with_Zieloptik.jpg

Wehrmacht soldiers with a machine gun MG 34 and mortar
wehrmacht_soldiers_with_a_machine_gun_MG_34_and_mortar.jpg

Awesome share :cheers: but from 3:40-4:00.... i mean wow so scary.....

There was a really long Russian series on German invasion of USSR...with lots of CGI for the battles etc....but I learnt a lot from it. I will post it sometime when I find it again. But the episodes are full feature length long (45 minutes)....but full of lots of information about the individual operations.

Being Russian I expected it to be biased to their perspective....but it was pretty fair and neutral I have to say.

OK I found the first episode on youtube, tell me if its your sort of thing and we can maybe discuss the episodes etc over longer period of time.

@vostok Would you be interested in this kind of thing?

There was a really long Russian series on German invasion of USSR...with lots of CGI for the battles etc....but I learnt a lot from it. I will post it sometime when I find it again. But the episodes are full feature length long (45 minutes)....but full of lots of information about the individual operations.

Being Russian I expected it to be biased to their perspective....but it was pretty fair and neutral I have to say.

OK I found the first episode on youtube, tell me if its your sort of thing and we can maybe discuss the episodes etc over longer period of time.

@vostok Would you be interested in this kind of thing?
:o: I've actually watched it :partay: watching it again because i love the CGI and that BG music :smitten: the way they show large movements on map encirclement's etc uhh love it and yes i agree it was not that much biased still it's Russian check out their other channel it contains eng subs for every vid currently i have started two series 1812 Napoleonic wars and another one a TV series and if it is good than maybe i will share the documentary on 1812 wars here.

Last edited:
:o: I've actually watched it :partay: watching it again because i love the CGI and that BG music :smitten: the way they show large movements on map encirclement's etc uhh love it and yes i agree it was not that much biased still it's Russian check out their other channel it contains eng subs for every vid currently i have started two series 1812 Napoleonic wars and another one a TV series and if it is good than maybe i will share the documentary on 1812 wars.

HAHA thats awesome coincidence bro. I loved that music too.

Napoleon one was not as good...I got bored half way through (and mostly because I have a much nicer one from longer time back...thats not as long but covered all his campaigns from start to end).

What is attackers about?

What is attackers about?
No idea haven't watched it yet it's a TV series will watch it and than i can tell you
HAHA thats awesome coincidence bro. I loved that music too.
:cheers::D
Napoleon one was not as good...I got bored half way through (and mostly because I have a much nicer one from longer time back...thats not as long but covered all his campaigns from start to end).
Well thanks for that than :tup: looks like i am probably gonna skip it i thought it to be as same as Soviet storm in the east :/

Well thanks for that than :tup: looks like i am probably gonna skip it i thought it to be as same as Soviet storm in the east :/

Yeah they focused too much on the generals day to day affairs, troop movements and so on....rather than the battles themselves.

Now I can appreciate why they went that way...since back then those were simply what occupied 99% of the battle time since it was all feet and horses for movement...but it just didn't have the same dynamism for me to watch it so intently.

It may also be because I had to watch the subtitles and it was not a dubbing :P

Trucks and cars of the Wehrmacht @Nilgiri
Büssing-NAG
41buessingNAG_WH-836085_Baydeww2.jpg

Einheitsdiesel
einheitsdieselKfz68Funkmastkraftwagen.jpg

Henschel 33
Henschel_33_G1_Diesel_(1937-1942).JPG
Henschel_33_Luftwaffe_truck_France_1940.jpg

Horch 901
Horch_Kfz_15_Personenkraftwagen.jpg
Mittlerer_Einheits-PKW_Horch_901_der_Wehrmacht.jpg

Mercedes Benz L1500A 1940
Mercedes_Benz_L1500A_1940.jpg

Mercedes Benz L3000
Mercedes_Benz_L3000_wehrmacht_truck.jpg

Time for Ze Kriegsmarine :nhl_checking:

At the outbreak of World War II, the German Kriegsmarine consisted of 11 Ships of the size of a CL or bigger, while 7 additional ships were under construction. This small fleet was supported by 21 destroyers and 57 U-boats, most of them only usable for small coastal operations.

Compared to British, French or American fleets of this time, the German Kriegsmarine was very small, but at the beginning of the war, the Kriegsmarine surface units achieved some spectacular victories against the British Royal Fleet.

The Z-Plan was Germany's fleet building program started shortly before World War 2.

According to this plan, the German Kriegsmarine should have grown to about 800 units, consisting of 13 battleships and battlecruisers, 4 aircraft carriers, 15 Panzerschiffe (Armored ships), 23 cruisers and 22 "Spähkreuzer" which were basically large destroyers. In addition to this many smaller vessels should have been build like torpedo boats etc.

Those ships should have been build between 1939 and 1946, in this time, the personal of the Kriegsmarine should have been enlarged to 200,000 men and over 33 billion Reichsmark should have spend for building the new units.

First Battleships:

Bismark:
(my fav)
Laid down: Blohm & Voß Hamburg, 01 July, 1936 (Slipway 1)

Launched: 14 Feb, 1939
Commissioned: 24 Aug,1940
Displacement: 50405 tonnes (maximum)
Main Armament: 8 x 380 mm L/52 SK C/34 (4 × 2)
Secondary Armament: 12 × 150 mm L/55 SK-C/28 (6 × 2)
Armour: belt – 320 mm, turrets – 360 mm, main deck – 100 to 120 mm

Aug 1940
Bismarck_August_1940.jpg

Bismarck_bow_August_1940_2.jpg

Just look at this beauty:smitten:

Gneisenau:
Laid down: Deutsche Werke Kiel, 06 May, 1935 (Slipway 1)
Launched: 08 Dec,1936
Commissioned: 21 May, 1938
Main armament:
9 x 283 mm (11,1") 9 x 283 mm (11,1")
Secondary armament:
12 x 150 mm (5,9") 12 x 150 mm (5,9")
German_battleship_Gneisenau.jpg
Kriegsmarine_Battleship_Gneisenau.jpg

Tirpitz
Launched: 1 April 1939
Commissioned: 25 February 1941
Main Armament:
8 x 380 mm L/52 SK C/34 (4 × 2)
Secondary Armament:
12 × 150 mm L/55 SK-C/28 (6 × 2)
Firing it's main guns
battleship_Tirpitz_firing.jpg

Anchored July 1941
Tirpitz_anchored_in_July_1941.jpg

Scharnhorst:
Laid down: Kriegsmarinewerft Wilhelmshaven, 15 June, 1935 (Slipway 2)
Launched: 03 Oct,1936
Commissioned: 07 Jan, 1939
German_Scharnhorst-class_battleship.jpg

Battleship_Scharnhorst_broadside_view.jpg

P.S is it just me or these names sounds really cool :lol:
@django @Nilgiri @waz @Kaptaan

Ahhh....back in the good ole days when they had the original national anthem....with the non politically correct UBER ALLES IN DER WELT ;)

Btw thats the actual grand-daughter of Otto Van Bismarck doing the christening with the champagne bottle.

Btw Sandman have you seen the movie "Sink the Bismarck"?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom