What's new

The Top 5 Navies of the Indo-Pacific

If I have the choice to buy a frigate, of course I'd go with US, Russia and China first :)

Bangladesh navy fitted with Chinese ships :D

Korean only good at Civilian vessels.
LHD maybe own Quality assurance,but TF-2000 maybe a nightmare for buyers.

For example:
Korean Navys ROKS Cheonan (PCC-772) was sunk by a torpedo when it was doing anti-submarine exercises.:rofl:

Korean Anti-submarine torpedo failed in first test-fire
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2012/08/205_118178.html

If you want buy some modern weapon,plz From US,Europe or russian and China.
Korean is not a good choice.
By the way,you can buy smartphone from Korean.Its a good choice.

Bangladeshi only own two frigates.

The newest frigate of Bangladeshi Navy is made by Korean In 2001,but decommissioned in 2002 because faulty design and quality problems in construction.
It recommissioned in 2007 when it repair by China. 2370T,Its a Korean defective product.

The other one is old type frigate as Used ship from PLAN in 1989. 1702 T,Its a Chinese antique.

Your corvette bigger and modern than the two ships.
US$260 million to buy a corvette,One corvette cost can buy two Bangladeshi navy:rofl:

bangladesh navy has 5 frigates

Korean only good at Civilian vessels.
LHD maybe own Quality assurance,but TF-2000 maybe a nightmare for buyers.

For example:
Korean Navys ROKS Cheonan (PCC-772) was sunk by a torpedo when it was doing anti-submarine exercises.:rofl:

Korean Anti-submarine torpedo failed in first test-fire
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2012/08/205_118178.html

If you want buy some modern weapon,plz From US,Europe or russian and China.
Korean is not a good choice.
By the way,you can buy smartphone from Korean.Its a good choice.

Bangladeshi only own two frigates.

The newest frigate of Bangladeshi Navy is made by Korean In 2001,but decommissioned in 2002 because faulty design and quality problems in construction.
It recommissioned in 2007 when it repair by China. 2370T,Its a Korean defective product.

The other one is old type frigate as Used ship from PLAN in 1989. 1702 T,Its a Chinese antique.

Your corvette bigger and modern than the two ships.
US$260 million to buy a corvette,One corvette cost can buy two Bangladeshi navy:rofl:

bangladesh navy has 5 frigates

1.IN is massive in size. But in leadership, training and technological advancement it is poor. Don't under-rate Taiwan which has a formidable maritime force. Australia, Indonesia and Iran are building up fast.

2. BN is a purely defensive force. With our resource constrains we are only interested to keep approaches to our shores open, and to keep any aggressive force far away from our coast. In doing these we are constantly upgrading our maritime strategy in line with that of PLAN and DPRK. Their naval doctrine suit us best.

1.IN is massive in size. But in leadership, training and technological advancement it is poor. Don't under-rate Taiwan which has a formidable maritime force. Australia, Indonesia and Iran are building up fast.

2. BN is a purely defensive force. With our resource constrains we are only interested to keep approaches to our shores open, and to keep any aggressive force far away from our coast. In doing these we are constantly upgrading our maritime strategy in line with that of PLAN and DPRK. Their naval doctrine suit us best.

DO not worry , 16 bad boys are coming within 5 years ..:enjoy:
8 frigate , 6 corvette and 2 submarine.

2Sub's??? 8 frigates i doubt that

do not doubt, it is already annouced officially that 2 sub joining in 2016.

2 frigate, 1 corvette joining in mid 2013.

china also offered 2 addtional old frigate to bangladesh at low price which will be heavily modified in bangladesh. US donating ex cost guard ship which will also arrive in this year will be heavily modified to frigate :enjoy:

wait mate, give me 1 hour , i will post and tag you .. i have some work now :)

DO not worry , 16 bad boys are coming within 5 years ..:enjoy:
8 frigate , 6 corvette and 2 submarine.

That news is correct. Our immediate aim is to be able to reach a line extending from the Moluccas to Vyzag. In a general war, we anticipate allies like PLAN and Indonesian Navy will take care thereafter.

can i get the source please..

???????? ????? ????? ??????????? ??????? - ????? ??? about submarine (news in bangla , i did not find english format sorry)

about frigate Dhaka to talk frigate purchase with Beijing ( which later announced both are coming in this year.
and about corvette i lost the link.
** I am not sure which 2 frigate are coming the new two frigate or old two frigate.

it is old news, so it is hard to find proper link.

The Government of Bangladesh announced an ambitious defense procurement plan in February 2009[4][5] for a major purchase of weaponry, equipment and hardware for its armed forces, including anti-tank and anti-ship missile systems, aircraft for maritime patrol, frigates, tanks and helicopters. The Parliamentary standing committee in principle agreed to a 10-year development program in June 2009,[6][7] under which the navy is to acquire 3 missile frigates, 3 large offshore patrol vessels with helicopter deck (2 already acquired, with a third in the process), 12 patrol craft, submarines, 2 landing craft (utility), 2 hydro-graphic research ship ( 1 acquired), 1 salvage vessel, 4 Fast Attack Craft (Missile) and install guided weapons systems in some ships to strengthen their combat capability. Following BNS Osman,[8] BNS Bangabandhu, the most modern ship of Bangladesh Navy, is going to be equipped with maritime helicopter, air defence and anti-ship missile. Bangladesh Navy is replacing its three age-old ex-Royal Navy frigates (BNS Abu Bakar, BNS Ali Haider and BNS Umar Farooq) with modern frigates within the next couple of years and also preparing to add submarines to its fleet by 2019.[9][10]

In 2010 BN has signed a contract with China Shipbuilding and Offshore Company (CSOC) to build two Large Patrol Craft in Wuchang Shipyard in China. These ships will be of 600 tons and will be armed with 4 X C-704 SSM, 1 X 76.2 mm gun with FCS and RDC. Under a separate contract with CSOC, BN will construct 5 Patrol Craft of 350 tons at Khulna Shipyard with Chinese technical assistance. BN has also signed a contract for the delivery additional C-704 SSM and QW-2 shoulder launched SAM. The C-704 SSMs will be fitted on board the existing quad-launcher missile boats as part of mid-life upgrade. Two AW 109E helicopters arrived in Bangladesh on 14 June 2011 and after being reassembled are now in active service. Another contract has been signed on 23 June 2011 with Ruag Germany for the delivery of two Dornier 228 NG MPA within the next 24 months.

As of April,2010 the rapid modernization program of BN involves order of:

2x F-22B guided missile frigate (China),
2x Jianghu-III guided missile frigate (China),
2x 600 ton large patrol craft/missile corvette (China),
1x Hydrographic Survey ship (Indigenous),
1x Fleet Replenishment Oil Tanker (Indigenous),
2x LCU (Indigenous),
1x Salvage ship (Indigenous),
12x Patrol boats -Indigenous,
3x Harbin Z-9C Anti-Submarine helicopter (China),
C-802 ASM missiles for 3 frigate and 4 missile boats (China),
FM-90N SAM for 3 frigates (China) - already fitted on board BNS Bangabandhu.
2x guided missile corvette (Tender won by China)

On discussion:

3x guided missile frigates in addition to the couple ordered from (China / South Korea),
New generation of light and heavy Torpedoes (EU + China),
4x guided missile corvette (Turkey - Milgem),
3x Submarine (Turkey / Germany / South Korea).

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangladesh_Navy

Bangladesh navy fitted with Chinese ships :D

:cheers:Brother

Sorry for that,I have no data of bangladesh navy,only from wiki
List of ships of the Bangladesh Navy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Include Type 41 Leopard class or Castle Class or Castle Class ?

Castle Class is powful ship:cheers:

correction, bangladesh navy operates 6 frigates , not 5 frigates
source: Dhaka to talk frigate purchase with Beijing
:cheers:

How can someone rank the US 5th fleet on the LAST place???!!!!

The USN is the ruler of all oceans at this time.

Period.

I think people compared 5th feet with others' entire navy fleet lol :P

And this claim is based on which fact???
Utter BS, inform yourself before posting your troll posts.

Watch this video to see the technology and training our sailors and officers receive. BTW it does not include some new inductions like the nuclear powered INS Chakra.

Furthermore this year will see the induction of the Kokata class stealth destroyer, the INS Vikramaditya, stealth corvettes, new fighter aircrafts, P8Is etc....

Last edited by a moderator:
And this claim is based on which fact???
Utter BS, inform yourself before posting your troll posts.

Watch this video to see the technology and training our sailors and officers receive. BTW it does not include some new inductions like the nuclear powered INS Chakra.

Furthermore this year will see the induction of the Kokata class stealth destroyer, the INS Vikramaditya, stealth corvettes, new fighter aircrafts, P8Is etc....

leave it bro , i know Indian Navy is very strong :) , he just does not know it

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Koovie, we only have better than India is Navy SWADS (elite force) ..

Back
Top Bottom