What's new

The Role of Pakistan Army in National Development

Army is doing very bad in nation building it is not their job but sadly they have to do it. I wonder why politicians never do anything like this. I mean they have been in power from time to time in Pakistan but why did they missed their chance and refused to develop Pakistan?
Just a question nothing more.

You have boasted about hailing from the 'electable' commodity found in Punjab. Did you get a chance to ask your contacts first? I also have just a question, what takes to do the zameer jaaging, is it fear of losing land or fear of being dominated by the other tribe?

I also have some historic proof to show that progress only happened during the time of dictatorship in Pakistan.

I am eager to hear what type of proof do you have fof economic proegress if you ignore the fUS financial aid (not-a-loan) that Ayob, Zia and Musharraf enjoyed during their dictatorship periods. Because general belief is that dictatorships only thrive if someone (like US,, Soviet Union, Saudi Arabia or oil revenue) throws them a lifeline.

Following are three achievement of a civilian administration when US or any other country was not providing free money:

Highest ever exports for the month of October 2021

@PakAlp

you want the army to be permanent member of any government?.
I dont want that. its not an excuse if I dint agree with you.
this is the mindset I am fighting against.

The army's role is NOT in governance.
everything I bring up, the easiest answer for the army is "for security reasons and for strategic reasons"

the army doest trust the citizens? its actually the citizens dont trust the army - and its so easy for the army to brand anyone questioning them as "Traitors"

USA, India, every other country trusts their citizens, here the army cannot and will not trust their citizens.

A civilian takes years of work/practice/research and deserves these top posts, not to be given simply to air dropped generals to these plum posts.

and suparco can do tons of civilian work under a civilian head. if yuo want strategic/secure projects, by all means, create one suparco for the army - but hijacking the civilian agency is really not required.

NO matter how much you try @Signalian , the army has a lot to answer for and its day of reckoning is coming near.
Army will play a role in government, even if it’s in background. As for trusting civilians, it happens from time to time, usually till something comes up.

Musharraf made a decision to side with Americans against Afghanistan, if a decision like this comes in future, even if there is a PM and though PM should call it, however the shots will be called by Army leadership.

Now you can go ranting as if I’m trying to do something here, but I’m just telling the reality whether you accept it or not. As for whether I agree with it or not, does that matter ? What matters is how Army and civil leadership progresses on issues related to Pakistan in which neither you nor I have any say. We r mere spectators.

Last edited:
I am eager to hear what type of proof do you have fof economic proegress if you ignore the fUS financial aid (not-a-loan) that Ayob, Zia and Musharraf enjoyed during their dictatorship periods. Because general belief is that dictatorships only thrive if someone (like US,, Soviet Union, Saudi Arabia or oil revenue) throws them a lifeline.

Following are three achievement of a civilian administration when US or any other country was not providing free money:

Highest ever exports for the month of October 2021

@PakAlp
Even the actual "progress" is debatable. Musharraf leveraged the US aid to prop up the PKR, which helped generate GDP growth, but through the consumption of imported items. Ishaq Dar pretty much implemented the same economic model -- but on loans instead of aid. Either way, both of their policies gutted our incentives structure to produce and export; instead, we became consumers who needed handouts, and when that wasn't forthcoming, we lived up the lifestyle on credit without any real income.

Folks often point to Ayub Khan's era as the "golden age." Yes, US aid played a part for sure, but at that time, Pakistan also had a solid industrial class (a lot like India's) which built the groundwork from Partition through the 1950s. So, by the 1960s, the Pakistani economy rode off that momentum -- the US aid and favorable economic access amplified it. IMO, good accountable governance (i.e., no military interference) likely would've resulted in as strong -- if not stronger -- economy by the 1960s so long as that industrial class was allowed to flourish. It wasn't (thanks to ZAB).

Army will play a role in government, even if it’s in background. As for trusting civilians, it happens from time to time, usually till something comes up.
in which neither you nor I have any say. We r mere spectators.
so the army will "play a role in govt" == take all the decisions
that so far only fattened the coffers of the army and impoverished pakistani citizens
and the pakistani citizens have no say in it, we are just spectators.

@Mirzali Khan
first they said they are "doing us a favor"
then said this is for "security" - for our own good
then said they cant trust us
now they say, we dont have a choice

sounds like the army is going through the 5 levels of grief before it accepts that its once image on the high pedestal has gone for good. there is simply no coming back from here.
@SaadH

that so far only fattened the coffers of the army and impoverished pakistani citizens

@Mirzali Khan

sounds like the army is going through the 5 levels of grief before it accepts that its once image on the high pedestal has gone for good. there is simply no coming back from here.
@SaadH

Wtf did I even read 😂

That's why I say its that time of the month. Faujeets are going through crazy emotional rollercoasters and cramps loool.

@Mirzali Khan

@SaadH
Yup, military will make decisions for you and there is nothing you can do about it 😂

Call them FA pass to soothe your bum burns but infact they are not. And army will forever play a role in development of Pakistan whether you want it or not.

One of the key points is that the upper echelon of Govt are alright with the notion of Army handling things as long as they themselves are in power. PTI is also an example - hypocritical IK knew everything but kept quiet since he was in power. He only started whinging like an Ex Gf of Bajwa wheh he was removed from power. So if the all time “honest” IK can stay mute then the other jokers would certainly be 10 steps ahead.

Public has no say.

Army, bureaucracy, judiciary, banks etc are the ones making decisions. That’s how it is and will be.
Since when you have joined the circus and filled the clown vacancy and showing absence of morals? We have heard all of our lives development, no wonder we have left with polishing of the begging bowl.
We have got sick generals who are screwing Islamic Republic of Pakistan from the last 75 years and people like you are playing Milli Nagmas to play with the foolish Pakistani's folks emotions.
Army sole job is to defend our national borders nothing more and nothing less.
All so called army sacrifices are by the soldiers and junior officers and not by these foreign generals of our army who after retirement run off abroad to live lavishly with the stolen money from the country like Nawaz . When these kids join army they must know they are joining army for a reason of defending the country and if in this process they lose their lives they are compensated like rest of the world armies.
Armies don't go out and takes over the parliament and the capital and stuff the ballot boxes and brings down the governments like Pakistan army have done. Who have given, assigned and hired them for the development of the Pakistan answer is NO ONE, so stop spreading all these lies of development.
Yes we and majority of the Pakistani's are waking up to the reality of the army lies, deception, loot of the country and the political engineering by them and want them to be taken to the courts and hanged in the public or are shoot from the trees like monkeys.
Unleashing ISI thugs and raiding Pakistani citizens houses and stealing their property and forced disappearances is a criminal offence through out the world but its a medal of honour for our pathetic army generals. Looking at the Imran Riaz and Arshad Sharif treatment by this criminal army and ISI will force the common man to pick up the arms and hunt these clowns from their golden DHA houses and give them the natural poetic justice which they deserve and stuff the development inside their backside.
Sick army and talk of the monkey development.

Since when you have joined the circus and filled the clown vacancy and showing absence of morals? We have heard all of our lives development, no wonder we have left with polishing of the begging bowl.
he has been trying really hard trying to showcase the army as our saviours. here are some gems from him since the past few days:

Army should be called when required, but here the best equipment, best trained resources, and leadership skills lie within army. A civilian counterpart is non existent, not even a political party or a department that can stand on its own and overshadow army in various disciplines.

Military thinks it looks after the country and saves the country from internal and external threats while politicians are considered unpatriotic and corrupt.

Today if military fails, Pakistan will break into pieces. No government, no other department can hold Pakistan together.

I actually laugh at those who have made their livelihood and lifestyle out of blaming military.
all hail the army accoding to him! - we should all be really grateful to allah that we have the military bestowed upon pakistan. despite all of us civilians being corrupt, begheirat,incompetent, lazy and simply useless, its the army who keeps helping us and keeping us together! we should atleast be thankful!

my only bother is, what will the poor army do when people have simply stopped caring.
how many vigos will you fill? there wont be any more free petrol for those vigos.
how many SIFC and other such institutions will the army run when ordinary people simply wont show up to any of their "orders"

@Mirzali Khan @epebble @El Sidd

he has been trying really hard trying to showcase the army as our saviours. here are some gems from him since the past few days:

all hail the army accoding to him! - we should all be really grateful to allah that we have the military bestowed upon pakistan. despite all of us civilians being corrupt, begheirat,incompetent, lazy and simply useless, its the army who keeps helping us and keeping us together! we should atleast be thankful!

my only bother is, what will the poor army do when people have simply stopped caring.
how many vigos will you fill? there wont be any more free petrol for those vigos.
how many SIFC and other such institutions will the army run when ordinary people simply wont show up to any of their "orders"

@Mirzali Khan @epebble @El Sidd
We have not arrived into this situation from rulers of the India from Babur to Badur Shah Ghori over the centuries for no reason. Considering every king court had courtiers either they were treacherous or bal*s lickers so most kings ended up wasting there energies either suppressing the rebellions or womanising.
Look at the state of the Pakistan, country ship is rolling with every wave comes its way and pathetic generals are busy ensuring there kingdom survives intact and are busy torturing, kidnappings and killings of their own country citizens like they did in the Bangladesh and Baluchistan.
Then they are demanding respect from us while pretending to be the saviours after losing all the wars. They have tried to run the foreign policy which have failed miserably and we are left with few friends, try to be economists and country can't even afford to pay its imports bills. No one must forget Ishaq Dar came back in the Pakistan air force plane not in a civilian airliner and Shahbaz Sharif government was formed by the army connivance so they are the ones responsible for all the ills in the country.

People like signalin make it obvious that establishment is not doing it out of stupidity or lack of awareness, rather they are fully aware of the destruction they have brought to the country and want to continue doing it because no one can stop them.
This should be remembered for when the time comes to hold these people accountable.

People like signalin make it obvious that establishment is not doing it out of stupidity or lack of awareness, rather they are fully aware of the destruction they have brought to the country and want to continue doing it because no one can stop them.
This should be remembered for when the time comes to hold these people accountable.
oh, the generals definitely know what they are doing. however, there is one stupidity or lack of awareness that they have - and that they think "no one can stop them - least of all, the citizens of pakistan".
the time to hold them accountable is very near.

Back
Top Bottom