What's new

The Role of Pakistan Army in National Development

Call them FA pass to soothe your bum burns but infact they are not. And army will forever play a role in development of Pakistan whether you want it or not.

One of the key points is that the upper echelon of Govt are alright with the notion of Army handling things as long as they themselves are in power. PTI is also an example - hypocritical IK knew everything but kept quiet since he was in power. He only started whinging like an Ex Gf of Bajwa wheh he was removed from power. So if the all time “honest” IK can stay mute then the other jokers would certainly be 10 steps ahead.
Appealing to hypocrisy! Blame the other party that is forced to work with these rules, but never acknowledge the main culprit whose entire involvement is illegal and immoral.

Public has no say.
That is the issue and why Pakistan as a country has been moving backwards socially, economically, politically - even lost large swathes of territory to enemies etc
Army, bureaucracy, judiciary, banks etc are the ones making decisions. That’s how it is and will be.
Only Allah knows the future. This world has seen a lot of Pharos and power hungry maniacs - the rules are the same and east Pakistan was a clear example. Yet people will stay intoxicated in power.

Last edited:
He has been foot soldier of same mafia, hence have gone through brain washing. This log can't comprehend simple things and basic rules of civil society, that's reason we are have been in mess since partition.
Not the first time being judged. Keep them coming

🥱

The role of an army is not to govern a country. That is not what they are trained to do and that is not where their expertise lies. Pakistan has literally been turned into a ship of fools* due to this mentality. General thinks he is a finance minister, Chief Justice thinks he is an energy minister (building dams), armed forces personnel think they know how run commercial enterprises as CEOs (https://english.alarabiya.net/busin...oints-new-CEO-as-it-braces-for-privatization-)

Pakistan has been turned into a circus.

* https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_fools
You didn’t reply ?

Role or necessity.

I asked a very simple question what policies of military made this situation in the country.
intervening in every govt tenure either directly or indirectly
not allowing the functioning of a govt to complete
its no business of the amy to determine what the people want. what the people want is determinsed by elections - not the army
losing more than half the country
losing siachen
losing kashmir
having a missile dropped on the country and not doing zilch.
decisions of who? politicians or military and what decisions?
all of the politicians since I have memory have either been supported or directly installed by the military.
what decisions?
the decision to install an army general as head of suparco - what credentials does he have?
the decision to install an airforce engineer as head of PIA - PIA is a business - we need someone with economics and business acumen to lead it - what business does an airforce engineer have to lead this?
why is a lt gen the head of wapda? this is the civilian area- if military blocks the civilians from getting top jobs in these institutions, why would any civilian want to pursue careers in pakistan?
also how or who are deciding these jobs? isnt one pension enough for these honorary generals they have to take over the opportunity and career ladder of civilians?
the decision of the army to do multiple coups - its not the army's business to run/elect/topple the govts - its solely between the civilians. the army personnel, in their right as citizens can vote and stand for elections.
why is the chairperson of CPEC the army general? its an economic corridor supposed to do good for the civilians - not the military. sure it has some strategic components - be involved there through the govt.
why are ambassadors in Brunei, Jordan, Syria, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, the Maldives, Nigeria and Libya are retired armed forces officers?

but here the best equipment, best trained resources, and leadership skills lie within army.
so the head of suparco has knowledge in satellites? upper atmosphere research? then what will all the civilians who worked their whole lives in this field do? only army has the leadership skills? this larger than life and holier than thou attitude is really irritating.
Imran khan is just another hypocrite our system has produced.

He knew he was brought in by rigging but he remained quiet on the issue and kept praising army and Bajwa throughout his tenure.

The day he lost power, he started speaking against to what he was party to before - in bed with Army. And that’s where the problem lies. The man that Pakistani public considers honest is actually a hypocrite.
in your own words above, the army brought Imran Khan, and the army now terms him hypocrite. why does the army need to be involved in any of this? what business is it of the army? is it in the constitution of pakistan that the govt needs to be "in bed with army" ?
likewise nawaz, bhutto, musharaaf, zia. going back decades you can see either the army directly or indirectly ruling Pakistan
Structural overhaul ? You need a public mentality overhaul. An education system overhaul. A cultural overhaul.
exactly - we need an overhaul of people who think only army knows everything and all citizens are either gullible, naive, stupid or traitors. and no questions can be asked of the army - else "the enemy will cut pakistan to piece's" not required - the army is doing the job fine enough.
but when military needs, they plan out routes, number of bogeys, timings, cargo loading of equipment themselves and use the railway lines.
yeah - the railay does this when the military needs it -strange what guns and muscle power can do.
At the end of the day, if Pakistan collapses, which actually it won’t, it will be military which be the last straw holding it together.
open your eyes, pakistan has been collapsing and the army has a lot to answer for it.
Today if military fails, Pakistan will break into pieces. No government, no other department can hold Pakistan together.
the citizens of pakistan will hold it together - thank you.
As an example, Pakistan is weak in R&D and that is where the universities need to take initiative.
yes - when all the posts of govt R&D centers are gobbled up by the army, what is the purpose of an R&D and all that? as well go abroad and earn a living.
Don’t be grateful - be thankless but do take some realistic strips for betterment of Pakistan. The army will do what it can, you do what you can.
please - enough of this guilt tripping.

@Mirzali Khan @SaadH maybe a black vigo is in my future. i dint want toburst out all thee days but these sorts of posts from @Signalian and @BHarwana really make me lose it.

I have been nothing but civil in my engagements and debates here, stayed away from controversial postings.
if this post leads me to a ban, so be it.

I asked a very simple question what policies of military made this situation in the country. which you failed to answer. Your answer was with wrapping it in circles the ousting of IK. Trust me I am a totally different breed and just discuss with me on policies. if you try to walk the path of military interference in politics as a reason I have valid enough answer for that which will destroy the political narrative.

either elaborate the blame where it is due or stop passing general propaganda of decades.

decisions of who? politicians or military and what decisions?

I will assume this statement as some thought in the back of your head without defining any credible policy responsible for your labeled results.
Replied you politely so expect the same.

If you get the gist, the army should follow a policy of non interference. Policy of no political engineering. Policy of remaining strictly apolitical. Policy of not perpetuating a hybrid regime.

Discussing whether Bajwa should have supported IK or NS on election day or whether the COAS should have employed Haqqani as a lobbyist are futile.

Okay you have a valid point there. So what do you think military did wrong economically that resulted so bad for the country? Or for that sake if you like to put blame on PDM govt then what were their wrong policies that resulted in this?

All of the missteps, corrupt practices and incompetent decisions since April 2022 have been documented in detail under Pakistan Economy section of PDF. You just have to sort out threads by time and start reading thread titles since April 2022 till now.

Most recent example is this thread .

I shall add my personal /subjective opinion in a separate post.

Last edited:
Pakistan Army, like its glorious past, will aptly continue working towards nation-building, playing a multifaceted role in the nation's development, extending beyond its traditional military functions. This will not only help the government of the day in fulfilling its duties, but also facilitate the welfare of the veterans and the families of the martyrs.

6d584275cddaca779560a6c0a46ac90a.jpg

Since its inception, Pakistan Army has been at the forefront of national development. From being an essential player in infrastructure development to generating much-needed revenue for the country, Pakistan Army has played many roles beyond the traditional call of duty. Its subsidiary organizations have effectively supplemented the functioning of the government in the crucial fields of health and education, in addition to several other socioeconomic projects aimed at uplifting the living standards of the people. Besides, such nation-building activities also generated much-needed jobs in the country–particularly for the veterans and the wards/families of the martyrs.

In this context, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), General Syed Asim Munir's decision to focus on agriculture, mining, and the IT sector as a future driver of the country's economy takes center stage. First, immense focus on the agricultural sector is premised on the fact that agriculture contributes approximately 24 percent to the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP)–while employing more than 40 percent of the workforce. Revolutionizing this particular sector would go a long way in contributing to the economic well-being of cash-strapped Pakistan and decreasing the country's skyrocketing unemployment statistics. Furthermore, improving the efficiency of this sector will also play a crucial role in safeguarding the country’s food security frontiers.

ebe4bab9796d8591e73101a9b2cf6296.jpg

It is irrefutable that with every passing day, the population of this country is increasing manifold, which is expected to reach 400 million by 2050. However, the already-scarce resources are decreasing per capita, creating a scenario where there can be a genuine threat to the country's food security, which may lead to widespread social disturbances. Therefore, to counter this threat, it would be highly pertinent that specific unorthodox and unconventional steps are immediately taken to mitigate the future challenges vis-à-vis food security. Such a scenario makes an ideal pitch for Pakistan Army's entrance into the field to revolutionize the old and redundant ways of agriculture. Pakistan Army’s decision to partake in corporate farming should be seen in this light.

Land Information and Management System (LIMS) is a tool that will comprehensively modernize and revolutionize the country's agriculture sector.
Second, Pakistan Army's focus on developing the country's mineral resources is a step in the right direction. Even the conservative estimates from world-renowned companies indicate the mineral potential in hundreds of billions of dollars. Although the mineral industry is highly complex due to its physical characteristics, heterogeneity, uncertain occurrences, and processing requirements, well-intentioned and focused efforts in the field can pay dividends that have the potential to change the country's outlook for decades to come. This laser-like focus on developing the mineral sector not only has the potential to uplift the backward areas of the Balochistan province, but also has the added advantage of earning much-needed foreign exchange for the country.

Lastly, today's ever-changing times, due to the advent of new technologies and changing work patterns post-COVID, have put the IT sector into the limelight. Businesses and the private sector are taking steps to cut their costs to ensure market competitiveness. As a result, most of the first-world countries are gradually outsourcing the IT services aspect of their businesses to countries like Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, etc. Therefore, there is a growing demand for IT services, and the market for freelancing is witnessing a mushrooming growth. Such a scenario is ideal for the country to benefit from it to bring in millions, if not billions, of dollars’ worth of business. In Pakistan, the IT sector in general and the freelancing market in particular, is booming, with many youngsters working effectively from their homes. Pakistan Army's attention towards this sector will bring new reforms in the field and legitimize much of the IT sector's undocumented economy. Moreover, the subsequent establishment of IT parks and Special Economic Zones–coupled with tax breaks, tax-write-offs, and tax immunities–would catalyze this sector's mushroom growth. Consequently, the country's youth bulge, with comprehensive IT literacy, will be effectively employed, helping it earn much-needed cash inflows/foreign exchange.

Pakistan Army, like its glorious past, will aptly continue working towards nation-building, playing a multifaceted role in the nation’s development, extending beyond its traditional military functions. Apart from safeguarding this great nation's territorial and ideological frontiers, the Army will also perform much-needed tasks to help catalyze national development. This will not only help the government of the day in fulfilling its duties, but also facilitate the welfare of the veterans and the families of the martyrs. Here, it is essential to note that the sacrifices of the Army's rank and file in the war against terrorism in recent history have left a considerable debt that needs to be repaid in kind. We need to protect, safeguard, rehabilitate, and support the families of those who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect this homeland. The current military leadership understands this sentiment and has taken practical steps in pursuance of this sentiment.

The Role of Pakistan Army in National Development destruction.
Army is not the only destructive force. Govt officers and businessmen are even bigger looters, but army protects them and gets her share.
Tbh, even army can't handle these looters because
1) The army doesn't have that capability
2) The army and other armed forces, including intelligence agencies are getting their share. Although not everyone is involved, somehow a good number from all defense and law enforcement establishment is involved in looting.

Last edited:
Army is not the only destructive force. Govt officers and businessmen are even bigger looters, but army protects them and gets her share.
1) army doesn't have that capability
2) army and other armed forces, including intelligence agencies are getting their share. Although not everyone is involved, but somehow a good number from all defence and law enforcement establishment is involved in looting.
And let’s say it’s happening but you can’t do anything about it, can you?

intervening in every govt tenure either directly or indirectly
not allowing the functioning of a govt to complete
its no business of the amy to determine what the people want. what the people want is determinsed by elections - not the army
losing more than half the country
losing siachen
losing kashmir
having a missile dropped on the country and not doing zilch.

all of the politicians since I have memory have either been supported or directly installed by the military.
what decisions?
the decision to install an army general as head of suparco - what credentials does he have?
the decision to install an airforce engineer as head of PIA - PIA is a business - we need someone with economics and business acumen to lead it - what business does an airforce engineer have to lead this?
why is a lt gen the head of wapda? this is the civilian area- if military blocks the civilians from getting top jobs in these institutions, why would any civilian want to pursue careers in pakistan?
also how or who are deciding these jobs? isnt one pension enough for these honorary generals they have to take over the opportunity and career ladder of civilians?
the decision of the army to do multiple coups - its not the army's business to run/elect/topple the govts - its solely between the civilians. the army personnel, in their right as citizens can vote and stand for elections.
why is the chairperson of CPEC the army general? its an economic corridor supposed to do good for the civilians - not the military. sure it has some strategic components - be involved there through the govt.
why are ambassadors in Brunei, Jordan, Syria, Sri Lanka, Ukraine, the Maldives, Nigeria and Libya are retired armed forces officers?

so the head of suparco has knowledge in satellites? upper atmosphere research? then what will all the civilians who worked their whole lives in this field do? only army has the leadership skills? this larger than life and holier than thou attitude is really irritating.

in your own words above, the army brought Imran Khan, and the army now terms him hypocrite. why does the army need to be involved in any of this? what business is it of the army? is it in the constitution of pakistan that the govt needs to be "in bed with army" ?
likewise nawaz, bhutto, musharaaf, zia. going back decades you can see either the army directly or indirectly ruling Pakistan

exactly - we need an overhaul of people who think only army knows everything and all citizens are either gullible, naive, stupid or traitors. and no questions can be asked of the army - else "the enemy will cut pakistan to piece's" not required - the army is doing the job fine enough.

yeah - the railay does this when the military needs it -strange what guns and muscle power can do.

open your eyes, pakistan has been collapsing and the army has a lot to answer for it.

the citizens of pakistan will hold it together - thank you.

yes - when all the posts of govt R&D centers are gobbled up by the army, what is the purpose of an R&D and all that? as well go abroad and earn a living.

please - enough of this guilt tripping.

@Mirzali Khan @SaadH maybe a black vigo is in my future. i dint want toburst out all thee days but these sorts of posts from @Signalian and @BHarwana really make me lose it.

I have been nothing but civil in my engagements and debates here, stayed away from controversial postings.
if this post leads me to a ban, so be it.
Suparco and some other departments were given military heads for various reasons, one of them was security which couldn’t be trusted with a civilian head, however projects were not turned down if they seemed fruitful, but just as during induction of AH-1s, some engineers did have reservations avoid thesis publishing and that created a chaos although army wanted to secure both ends of the channel they no research would be published until a certain time period. This could very well be the case with Suparco. I think I mentioned NTC already.

Army coming into politics is nothing new, IK knew he was being brought in through military’s help and the hypocritical khan accepted it and that nose dives his credibility as a PM even. Till in power, all praises for the ones who brought him in power. Twist it any way, but this is being hypocritical and power hungry.

And who will overhaul people ? Nobody. The people want sacrificial khan to bring change for them. The man is sitting in jail and 220 million are helpless. Lol.

Did you open your eyes ? Pakistan has been collapsing since 47. It’s never going to collapse inshAllah.

You are just giving lame excuses.
The university posts of R&D are there for the taking for researchers and the field is open for investment and work in R&D, but the universities themselves are not topnotch however they shouldn’t be an issue for private universities at least. The work can then be taken into private sector and lines can be drawn between non defence and defence projects,

Just like typical Pakistani, you are coming up with ridiculous excuses not to progress, change your mindset.

1) army doesn't have that capability
2) army and other armed forces, including intelligence agencies are getting their share. Although not everyone is involved, but somehow a good number from all defence and law enforcement establishment is involved in looting.
You are more than FA pass I suppose ? Why let your ego get mangled and led by officers who you think are FA pass then. Break the shackles. What’s stopping you ?

Sure I can't. I am no one. But, I know it.
But u can think of something. Pave some way. Find a path. That’s what you do in your life too, you don’t stay bogged down by what’s troubling you.

But u can think of something. Pave some way. Find a path. That’s what you do in your life too, you don’t stay bogged down by what’s troubling you.
Haha... I know what you mean. But I am just a powerless guy. But yeah I know these bureaucrats inside out.

Just like typical Pakistani, you are coming up with ridiculous excuses not to progress, change your mindset.
you want the army to be permanent member of any government?.
I dont want that. its not an excuse if I dint agree with you.
this is the mindset I am fighting against.

The army's role is NOT in governance.
everything I bring up, the easiest answer for the army is "for security reasons and for strategic reasons"
Suparco and some other departments were given military heads for various reasons, one of them was security which couldn’t be trusted with a civilian head, however projects were not turned down if they seemed fruitful,
the army doest trust the citizens? its actually the citizens dont trust the army - and its so easy for the army to brand anyone questioning them as "Traitors"

USA, India, every other country trusts their citizens, here the army cannot and will not trust their citizens.

A civilian takes years of work/practice/research and deserves these top posts, not to be given simply to air dropped generals to these plum posts.

and suparco can do tons of civilian work under a civilian head. if yuo want strategic/secure projects, by all means, create one suparco for the army - but hijacking the civilian agency is really not required.

NO matter how much you try @Signalian , the army has a lot to answer for and its day of reckoning is coming near.

Pakistan Army, like its glorious past, will aptly continue working towards nation-building, playing a multifaceted role in the nation's development, extending beyond its traditional military functions. This will not only help the government of the day in fulfilling its duties, but also facilitate the welfare of the veterans and the families of the martyrs.

6d584275cddaca779560a6c0a46ac90a.jpg

Since its inception, Pakistan Army has been at the forefront of national development. From being an essential player in infrastructure development to generating much-needed revenue for the country, Pakistan Army has played many roles beyond the traditional call of duty. Its subsidiary organizations have effectively supplemented the functioning of the government in the crucial fields of health and education, in addition to several other socioeconomic projects aimed at uplifting the living standards of the people. Besides, such nation-building activities also generated much-needed jobs in the country–particularly for the veterans and the wards/families of the martyrs.

In this context, Chief of the Army Staff (COAS), General Syed Asim Munir's decision to focus on agriculture, mining, and the IT sector as a future driver of the country's economy takes center stage. First, immense focus on the agricultural sector is premised on the fact that agriculture contributes approximately 24 percent to the country's Gross Domestic Product (GDP)–while employing more than 40 percent of the workforce. Revolutionizing this particular sector would go a long way in contributing to the economic well-being of cash-strapped Pakistan and decreasing the country's skyrocketing unemployment statistics. Furthermore, improving the efficiency of this sector will also play a crucial role in safeguarding the country’s food security frontiers.

ebe4bab9796d8591e73101a9b2cf6296.jpg

It is irrefutable that with every passing day, the population of this country is increasing manifold, which is expected to reach 400 million by 2050. However, the already-scarce resources are decreasing per capita, creating a scenario where there can be a genuine threat to the country's food security, which may lead to widespread social disturbances. Therefore, to counter this threat, it would be highly pertinent that specific unorthodox and unconventional steps are immediately taken to mitigate the future challenges vis-à-vis food security. Such a scenario makes an ideal pitch for Pakistan Army's entrance into the field to revolutionize the old and redundant ways of agriculture. Pakistan Army’s decision to partake in corporate farming should be seen in this light.

Land Information and Management System (LIMS) is a tool that will comprehensively modernize and revolutionize the country's agriculture sector.
Second, Pakistan Army's focus on developing the country's mineral resources is a step in the right direction. Even the conservative estimates from world-renowned companies indicate the mineral potential in hundreds of billions of dollars. Although the mineral industry is highly complex due to its physical characteristics, heterogeneity, uncertain occurrences, and processing requirements, well-intentioned and focused efforts in the field can pay dividends that have the potential to change the country's outlook for decades to come. This laser-like focus on developing the mineral sector not only has the potential to uplift the backward areas of the Balochistan province, but also has the added advantage of earning much-needed foreign exchange for the country.

Lastly, today's ever-changing times, due to the advent of new technologies and changing work patterns post-COVID, have put the IT sector into the limelight. Businesses and the private sector are taking steps to cut their costs to ensure market competitiveness. As a result, most of the first-world countries are gradually outsourcing the IT services aspect of their businesses to countries like Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh, etc. Therefore, there is a growing demand for IT services, and the market for freelancing is witnessing a mushrooming growth. Such a scenario is ideal for the country to benefit from it to bring in millions, if not billions, of dollars’ worth of business. In Pakistan, the IT sector in general and the freelancing market in particular, is booming, with many youngsters working effectively from their homes. Pakistan Army's attention towards this sector will bring new reforms in the field and legitimize much of the IT sector's undocumented economy. Moreover, the subsequent establishment of IT parks and Special Economic Zones–coupled with tax breaks, tax-write-offs, and tax immunities–would catalyze this sector's mushroom growth. Consequently, the country's youth bulge, with comprehensive IT literacy, will be effectively employed, helping it earn much-needed cash inflows/foreign exchange.

Pakistan Army, like its glorious past, will aptly continue working towards nation-building, playing a multifaceted role in the nation’s development, extending beyond its traditional military functions. Apart from safeguarding this great nation's territorial and ideological frontiers, the Army will also perform much-needed tasks to help catalyze national development. This will not only help the government of the day in fulfilling its duties, but also facilitate the welfare of the veterans and the families of the martyrs. Here, it is essential to note that the sacrifices of the Army's rank and file in the war against terrorism in recent history have left a considerable debt that needs to be repaid in kind. We need to protect, safeguard, rehabilitate, and support the families of those who made the ultimate sacrifice to protect this homeland. The current military leadership understands this sentiment and has taken practical steps in pursuance of this sentiment.

mqdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom