What's new

The recent issue with Religious Insults

War Thunder

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I just wanted to attract the attention of all Pakistanis on this matter and I don't know which other section of the forum might be appropriate.

Please, do not for any reason abuse or speak low of any one else's religion.
When you do that, then you are the one who is disrespecting the Prophet (S.A.W) and Islam itself. You are the one who is responsible for everything else that follows be today or tomorrow.

If some one abuses your faith, then exercise calm and treat them with kindness. That's the way of a Muslim, and that's the very reason you are Muslim today. The character and behavior of the Muslims that spread Islam, not fighting and abusing some one else's God.

Remember what Khalid Bin Waleed used to say when abused?
"It's your scroll of deeds, fill it as you wish".
Do you know any other man who is more worthy of being refered to as a man, or anyone who was more stronger and more able to beat the shit out of the abuser?

Falling prey to anger and becoming abusive in response to abuse is extreme weakness in ones character and nature, it comes from weaker men, not from stronger men. Stronger is the one who is in control of his mind and tongue.

How responsible are you for filling your own scroll of deeds? When you lack that calmness and kindness in your character and behavior, then you are the one who is disrespecting the Prophet and Islam by being a hypocrite.

@mods
Please do not allow any one to mock any ones religion or belief or their way of life.

I also apologize for the times I lost my temper and use a language which goes against the stature and honor of a Muslim.

@Awan68
@war&peace
@Tps43
@Dubious

Last edited:
I just wanted to attract the attention of all Pakistanis on this matter and I don't know which other section of the forum might be appropriate.

Please, do not for any reason abuse or speak low of any one else's religion.
When you do that, then you are the one who is disrespecting the Prophet (S.A.W) and Islam itself. You are the one who is responsible for everything else that follows be today or tomorrow.

If some one abuses your faith, then exercise calm and treat them with kindness. That's the way of a Muslim, and that's the very reason you are Muslim today. The character and behavior of the Muslims that spread Islam, not fighting and abusing some one else's God.

Remember what Khalid Bin Waleed used to say when abused?
"It's your scroll of deeds, fill it as you wish".
Do you know any other man who is more worthy of being refered to as a man, or anyone who was more stronger and more able to beat the shit out of the abuser?

Falling prey to anger and becoming abusive in response to abuse is extreme weakness in ones character and nature, it comes from weaker men, not from stronger men. Stronger is the one who is in control of his mind and tongue.

How responsible are you for filling your own scroll of deeds? When you lack that calmness and kindness in your character and behavior, then you are the one who is disrespecting the Prophet and Islam by being a hypocrite.

@mods
Please do not allow any one to mock any ones religion or belief or their way of life.

I also apologize for the times I lost my temper and use a language which is goes against the stature and honor of a Muslim.

@Awan68
@war&peace
@Tps43
@Dubious
Agreed bro

@waz
@Horus
@Slav Defence

Sorry for tagging you all.

But Idk what you guys concluded on the AUSlit guy, and what his punishment is, but I suggest running a forum wide poll after some time and letting people decide if he should be forgiven and his punishment cut short (provided you did punish him lol)

We are a people with short temper but also with big giant hearts. Let's being better than others be our legacy.

Very well said. Don't open the can of worms if you can't stand it.
Restraint over one's self is one of the key attributes of Momin.

But one also shouldn't remain silent on unprovoked vilification.

The reactions were extreme yet the ones who moderare this forum, they are at fault for letting things get to this point. We see all kinds of dirt bieng piled on what we believe in by the west yet when the same thing happens on a forum run by Pakistanis and to top it all the culprit is let off in lieu of that same bs of freedom of speech, well to me that is a bigger tragedy than whatever abusive reactions followed.

But one also shouldn't remain silent on unprovoked vilification.
Actually one should...THAT is the real test...Jihad-un-nafs...IF you can control yourself you have passed if you have no control over your own tongue/ thoughts...then who are you to voice out on vilification using vilified language?

Actually one should...THAT is the real test...Jihad-un-nafs...IF you can control yourself you have passed if you have no control over your own tongue/ thoughts...then who are you to voice out on vilification using vilified language?
@Dubious Re open my color discussion thread. Please!

I meant discrimination.

Stranger things are more exciting.
I leave it to you to keep it civil? Do I have your word to report if it gets out of hand? And not by provoking people....Keep the "You Punjabis" rant out...Agreed?

I leave it to you to keep it civil? Do I have your word to report if it gets out of hand? And not by provoking people....Keep the "You Punjabis" rant out...Agreed?
Yes okay.
I was only speaking about Indian Punjabis. But I will leave them out.

Yes okay.
I was only speaking about Indian Punjabis. But I will leave them out.
Even so :)

Just dont make it a race thing please! We are avoiding such stuff!

Since I have your word here: Let the thread continue then!

The reactions were extreme yet the ones who moderare this forum, they are at fault for letting things get to this point. We see all kinds of dirt bieng piled on what we believe in by the west yet when the same thing happens on a forum run by Pakistanis and to top it all the culprit is let off in lieu of that same bs of freedom of speech, well to me that is a bigger tragedy than whatever abusive reactions followed.
I wouldn't hold this against mods as much(in terms of not removing the offensive posts quickly). They have lives like u and me. Moderating this forum isn't their full time job for which they are paid...this is something they do in addition to their daily lives. It's unrealistic to demand moderation 24/7 on all posts being made. Even if they could take timely action 9 out of 10 times...that still leaves a few occasions where sentiments might get hurt.

Instead the forum could perhaps be made more democratic. Instead of just the like button...there should also be a dislike button(since negative rating thing is not available to everyone). If a post receives 20 dislikes, it should become hidden(with the option to click to show post) and automatically reported(if no one has reported it by then). At 50 dislikes(that means something must be really wrong with that post), it should be temporarily removed(automatically) until mods can review it. This is about the only way to remove hurtful comments in a timely manner rather than expecting mods to be omnipresent and omniscient.

Back
Top Bottom