What's new

The 'poor' neighbour( old article but nice read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compare Pakistan with Maharashtra:

Pakistan GDP: $165 Billion
Maharashtra GDP: $190 Billion

Per Capita Income:
Pakistan: $1072
Maharashtra: $1563

Health care spending per Capita:
Pakistan: $19
Maharashtra: $51

Literacy Rate:
Pakistan: 49%
Maharashtra: 83%

Fertility Rate:
Pakistan: 4.1
Maharashtra: 2(Below 2.1)
Population is Stabilized while Pakistan's will double every 20 Years.

First surpass our State, then Think about India.

old article and now useless because pakistan in recent times has declined down dramatically and india has only got proserous and grown faster..the 7 pc growth rate of pakistan is no where...its 1.5 pc now..poverty has increased in pakistan due to poor econmic output in recent years..then drone attacks,terrorism etc.etc. We dont pay bribes to west to regard us as a future power and pakistan as a failed state....there is a huge reason behind it..well they dont need tpo regard pak as a failed state bcuz in reality it is in the list of top10 failed states...

Ohh read the full article now .

This article was written in Musharraf's era when Pakistan had around 7% growth
Their economy , security , growth rate everything has detriorated .

Even India's most backward areas have better infra than Balochistan and KP
exactly!!! The time when this article was written wa mushy era...they expected pakistan to continue growing..but that didnt happen...pakistan has failed miserably in last 3-4 years...economy growth at 1.5 pc in front of india's 9+ pc...
Better roads n infra pakistan has?:rofl: maybe 5 years ago but not now..
One white author goes with pakistan they start jumping...:lol:

I don't know why some Indian members are wasting their time by posting photographs of roads and airports.The article is old and does not present the true picture.The new airports that have been coming up are one of the finest in the world.If you visit aviation forums you will find many foreigners going gaga over the new Indian airports.I have spend my entire life abroad and visited quite a few extremely good terminals and i can say confidently that the new airports in India are second to none.yes India still has a large population living below the poverty line but i am sure with good growth rates and good policies India will be able to eradicate poverty.

exactly!!! The time when this article was written wa mushy era...they expected pakistan to continue growing..but that didnt happen...pakistan has failed miserably in last 3-4 years...economy growth at 1.5 pc in front of india's 9+ pc...
Better roads n infra pakistan has?:rofl: maybe 5 years ago but not now..
One white author goes with pakistan they start jumping...:lol:

Similar to how they are going gaga over Gwadar port :lol:

Did you bothered to read the second article ?
Haq's Musings: India and Pakistan Contrasted in 2010

Yes first article was written on aug 2007 and may be india has overcome all its problems in less than four years with some magic..right?
fuacking stop talking about haq's (a)musinngs...that pakistani twists facts amazingly..take any credsible author or agency....every..note my word and use google every source says india is well ahead of pakistan

Guyssss please stop comparing ind and pak..i cant take the inslult arghh!!

Forget those man look at new Varanasi airport!! :woot: I recently visited Varanasi.

newairterminalvaranasi.jpg

Cochin airport is very beautiful. New Lucknow airport under construction is cool.

WTF when did that happen! Thats my home town! I have been away from India for too long, made my day bro. Shows just how quickly things are changing for India:cheers:

uyy
As of 2009, Pakistan's Human Development Index (HDI) is 0.572, higher than that of nearby Bangladesh's 0.543, which was formerly a part of the country itself. Pakistan's HDI still stands lower than that of neighbouring India's at 0.612
according to the Human Development Index (HDI), 60.3% of Pakistan's population lives on under $2 a day, compared to 75.6% in nearby India and 81.3% in nearby Bangladesh, and some 22.6% live under $1 a day, compared to 41.6% in India and 49.6% in Bangladesh

source : tp://hdrstats.undp.org/en/indicators
Population living below $1.25 a day (%)
Human Development Report 2009
wow amazing incredible india where half population live under one dollar a day. one dollar is more than enough for their basic need haha. pakistan is ahead of india as far as poverty, food and health care concern.

haha some pakistanis posting pics of usa and other developed countries and claiming to be theors....rofll shows their inferiority complex

according to wikipedia

Poverty is widespread in India, with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor. According to a 2005 World Bank estimate, 41.6% of the total Indian population falls below the international poverty line of US$ 1.25 a day

The Planning Commission of India has accepted the Tendulkar Committee report which says that 37% of people in India live below the poverty line.
The Arjun Sengupta Report (from National Commission for Enterprises in the Unorganised Sector) states that 77% of Indians live on less than 20 a day (about $0.50 per day)[5], also N.C. Saxena Committee report states that 50% of Indians live below the poverty line.

A study by the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative using a Multi-dimensional Poverty Index (MPI) found that there were 645 million[6] poor living under the MPI in India, 421 million of whom are concentrated in eight North Indian and East Indian states of Bihar, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal. This number is higher than the 410 million poor living in the 26 poorest African nations. The World Bank estimates that 80% of India's population lives on less than $2 a day[9][10] which means a higher proportion of its population lives on less than $2 per day as compared with sub-Saharan Africa.

[//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_India]Poverty in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reality of real india ......

Dibrugarh Airport (inaugurated 2011)

top2.jpg

4756501315_41ae339e45.jpg

Udaipur Airport (inaugurated 2011)

Udaipur-Airport.jpg

3835493067_4ff3cf924d_o.jpg

Calicut Airport (inaugurated 2011)

2391811531_6550627221.jpg

01+Calicut+Airport+Kerala+India+before+Huzur_s+Arrival.jpg

What was that again Mr Darlymple? :woot:

Reality of real india ......

reality is also that we are improving day by day..our growth rate is an example..only behind china.....and the reality is also that pak is growing at 1.t pc and the people are getting only poorer due to pathetic economic strength of your government..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom