What's new

The pain of partition

It was a very controvertial refrendum. There was an elected assembely in NWFP yet it was the only province where refendum was held. Upto 1947 there was always governament of congress, khudai khidmatgar there. The muslim leaguean leader of NWFP sardar abdul qayyum was a british chamcha and not even a pashtun.
The results of refrendum are themselves controvertial but no pakistani is able to give me a satisfactory answer to the question that what could have happened if in refrendum the poll was between afghanistan and pakistan?

Never thought about this fact. You are right, Sindh assembly chose Pakistan not referendum.

Why do you people say Pakistan was partioned from India, it was British India, the land up to lahore has two or three times part of India, India was never a one nation.

Pakistanis have always been separate in form or the other for 1000 of years.

Partition was a good thing, as a pukhtoon i have no cultural or racial connection with India, even with Indian Muslims so why would we want to be with Indians?

Pakistan zindabad

Pashtuns are genetically connected to South Asia along with the Kalash, Hunza, Baloch, etc. I think you need to get in touch with the times. Your average Pakistani Pashtun is closer to a North Indian than an Iranian. Geography plays a large part.

Read the first or second link. One is an article and the other the original study.

Reconstructing Indian Population History

http://genetics.med.harvard.edu/reich/Reich_Lab/Welcome_files/2009_Nature_Reich_India.pdf

It will help you interpret these.

Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuW3R0Ys-P4HdFN6QlFNUWJYZVl4YmZUU3BIQ0NBeFE

PCA plot:
Harappa Ancestry Project - page 5

By the way, the Pashtun samples are from FATA and their exact coordinates are listed in the pdf study but they are from around Kurram Valley if you really care. Kashmiri Pandit samples were taken as well from Northeast of Srinagar near the Ladakh border.

Also, I'm sure somebody will argue the the study is biased (with zero proof) but I hardly see why a world renown geneticist would waste his time on a biased study based on samples from Human Genome Diversity Project.

Lastly, I'd like to point out that I'm not going to argue with anyone. You're entitled to believe the science I posted is worthless for all I care.

I have noticed from these threads about partition that the hindus are very upset and in pain because of the fact that Pakistan exists. But they are not so upset about the existence of Bangladesh.

The reason is obvious because the entire history that the hindus claim as their own happened in the land called Pakistan. The Indus valley civilization almost in it's entirety was in Pakistan. It is debateable but is often argued that hinduism infact originated in Pakistan and that is where the vedas scriptures were written.

It pains the hindus when they see that the land of such historical significance to them is now in muslim hands FOREVER. Now hindus are less than 2% of Pakistan's population and soon even they will all be muslimized the Rinkle Kumari way ;) or shipped out of the country. In a few more generations there will be no trace of hinduism left in Pakistan!!

I have noticed from these threads about partition that the hindus are very upset and in pain because of the fact that Pakistan exists. But they are not so upset about the existence of Bangladesh.

The reason is obvious because the entire history that the hindus claim as their own happened in the land called Pakistan. The Indus valley civilization almost in it's entirety was in Pakistan. It is debateable but is often argued that hinduism infact originated in Pakistan and that is where the vedas scriptures were written.

It pains the hindus when they see that the land of such historical significance to them is now in muslim hands FOREVER. Now hindus are less than 2% of Pakistan's population and soon even they will all be muslimized the Rinkle Kumari way ;) or shipped out of the country. In a few more generations there will be no trace of hinduism left in Pakistan!!

May your wishes come true. Because after there are no Hindus & Christians left, Muslims will start killing Muslims - which though has already started, has not gathered steam! ;)

it was no problem for muslims to rule subcontinent for ages again like they did before britshers owing to coward nature of vegetarian hindus as compare to meat eating brave muslims..

lulzz...someone skipped his history class when they were teaching about the Marathas and Sikhs..and vegetarian Hindus..again lulz...watch this link at your own risk Goat sacrifice at Kamakyha temple in the honor of goddess Kamakhya - YouTube

And we dont even waste the blood.

Muslims ruled subcontinent would have been a superpower given the combined resources of subcontinent.Lots of resources were wasted to mutual distrust and wars induced by US and EU arm sellers.

Yeah baby. We Hindus and others managed to get the most of the land and also divided you Muslims into three warring factions. Now deal with it and stop wailing.

Yeah baby. We Hindus and others managed to get the most of the land and also divided you Muslims into three warring factions. Now deal with it and stop wailing.

None of us are fighting eachother:undecided:

I think its Hindu nation (India) who fights another Dharmic nation (Sri Lanka)

1971..:whistle:

India is not fighting Sri Lanka..dude are you living in some cave up in Balochistan or KP ?

LTTE and still to this day Sri Lanka bombs Indian illegals...

LTTE and still to this day Sri Lanka bombs Indian illegals...

LTTE was composed of Lankan citizens and it was a civil war. Something like your BLA rebels.

LTTE was composed of Lankan citizens and it was a civil war. Something like your BLA rebels.

Lolz. LTTE was mostly Indian... Sort of like your Maoist rebels or Kashmiri separtists or Khalistani separtists

Lolz. LTTE was mostly Indian... Sort of like your Maoist rebels or Kashmiri separtists or Khalistani separtists

:lol: So you agree Kashmiris are Indians, separatist or not......!

Should learn to quit while still in the game.:P

*Facepalm*

LTTE was Sri Lankans of Tamil descent. They still were and are Sri Lankans by citizenship.

:lol: So you agree Kashmiris are Indians, separatist or not......!

Should learn to quit while still in the game.:P

They're Indians, sort of like East Pakistani rebels were still East Pakistani...

Back
Top Bottom