What's new

The new SAC 5 generation stealth fighter

They are hauling it to this airbase.
The Yan Liang Flight Testing Facility in the outskirts of Xian is usually off limits to international delegations. The civil/military joint use airport is located next to AVIC I (China Aviation Industry Corporation I), China's largest military aviation research and development institute, and is the flight testing and research center for various aircraft from fighter jets to GA applications.

The Yan Liang test base Aerial High-tech Industry Base is the only national aerial high-tech industry base in the whole country. There are aircraft design, manufacture and test and it is the largest aircraft city in Asia, known as "China's Seattle." During the 1980s, the PLAAF did not believe that it was receiving timely and accurate testing data from the aviation ministry during the ministry's development and testing of new aircraft at the Xian Yanliang flight test center. The Training Department is responsible for the Test Flight Regiment (shifei tuan) at Xian Yanliang airfield and its subordinate Test Flight Groups (shifei dadui) which are assigned to each aircraft factory.
Yanliang Airbase - China Military Forces

And i am seriously waiting to see it in PAF colors !
It already looks like PAF green

0Sjxn.jpg
jf-17-1.jpg

An airframe of what might be the J-21 prototype was being transported from SAC to another facility for static tests. A scale-down model (F-60) of J-21 was first unveiled by the 601 Institute at the first International UAV Innovation Grand Prix held in Beijing in September 2011. It was first rumored in April 2011 that 601/SAC are developing a 4th generation medium multi-role stealth fighter as J-21 which would complement the heavier J-20 (see above). The aircraft has a conventional design featuring twin engines and DSIs similar to both American F-22 and F-35. The prototype could initially be powered by the 8.5t class WS-13A turbofan but later by the new 9.5t class "medium thrust" engine (WS-13B/WS-12?). The aircraft will also feature an internal weapon bay inside its belly housing PL-10, PL-12 or PL-15 AAMs. However due to its relatively small size and lower engine thrust compared to J-20, J-21 might suffer from either a limited internal payload or a shorter combat radius. A full-scale metal model was probably built in early 2011. The first prototype has been under construction since late 2011. First flight was projected to be in September 2012. J-21 (dubbed AMF/Advanced Multi-role Fighter/FC-2?) is expected to be promoted at the international market as a low-cost alternative to American F-35.
- Last Updated 6/22/12
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

SAC F-60 (estimated) Vs. F-22/A Raptor:

SAC F-60’s current engine:

So ladies and gentlemen, with ratio of roughly 0.89:1, Lockma Y. Shenhoi Co.Ltd. sucessfully “cloned” F-22A Raptor during its afternoon tea breaks! :rofl:

^^^ It was obvious that the Chinese would make a smaller 5th generation fighter than J-20 and that it would be available for export.

With this China can offer a fighter that would be competitive with F-35 and maybe cost only half the price.

The US must be Sh!tting in their pants as now their F-35 customers will be able to see how much the US is ripping them off with a low speed, low manueverable and highly expensive jet.

Pakistan would be the 1st country to be offered this beast of course.

^^^ It was obvious that the Chinese would make a smaller 5th generation fighter than J-20 and that it would be available for export.

With this China can offer a fighter that would be competitive with F-35 and maybe cost only half the price.

The US must be Sh!tting in their pants as now their F-35 customers will be able to see how much the US is ripping them off with a low speed, low manueverable and highly expensive jet.

Pakistan would be the 1st country to be offered this beast of course.
You should search more about the f-35, btw the pentagon sold some projects to China so we know that this is going to happen.

Götterdämmerung;3101766 said:
Amazing, just two years after the first stealth aircraft, there seems to be a second one coming up. The speed of development in China is mind boggling. space docking, 7000 under the sea and a new stealth aircraft. :cool:

I'm really looking forward to seeing this new bird in the sky soon. :)

Actually if this is closely related to the original design that they have for competing with CAC's J-20 for the 5th gen fighter plane than it would have been in development pretty much as long as the J-20. So it is actually a bit behind J-20 in progress.

Hollysh!T, there is another one!

Just read another forum saying that according to one of the insiders Huizgeng that SAC is working on another 5 gen ( heavy multirole), powered by 2 WS-15. its maiden flight would be 2013.

This F-60 is medium 5 gen mainly aiming at PLAN in post J-15 era, apart from export potential.

wow! the pentagon would go nuts if that is real...is it?

Can you link me to the insider post? How credible is this insider?

And also, CAC is developing a light version of the J-20, rumored to be unveiled in a few years, also geared for export.

www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/123488-paf-next-generation-fighter-program-confirmed-9.html (post #1)

SAC vs CAC

is like

Canucks vs Bruins

people have no idea what I'm talking about, do they?)

:lol: not everyones Canadian and an icehockey fan/

Can you link me to the insider post? How credible is this insider?

And also, CAC is developing a light version of the J-20, rumored to be unveiled in a few years, also geared for export.

www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-air-force/123488-paf-next-generation-fighter-program-confirmed-9.html (post #1)

I spent nearly whole late afternoon studying this: :lol:

¹ØÓÚ¡°Ä³ÍøÓÑÈÏΪÉòËÄ¿ÕÖØ16¶Ö¡±¡ª¡ªÎÒ¾ÍÊÇijÍøÓÑ-¿Õ¾ü°æ-³¬¼¶´ó±¾Óª¾üÊÂÂÛ̳-×î¾ßÓ°ÏìÁ¦¾üÊÂÂÛ̳

Check post #30 , those 3 quoted posts of "jx32s". The dude correctly "predicted" what we saw in last several days at as early as June 4, 2012! I dunno his background but he must be well informed. His posts were quoted again at #30 by a guy ranked as Major General.

For Huizigeng's relevant quotation, i can't recall where exactly, sorry, seems that I saw it somewhere at around page 100 (?) of that longest thread at cjdby... someone mentioned and quoted Huizgeng (that famous insider) for sure, well, if my memory serves me well...just too much info in the afternoon :P

This F-60 is medium 5 gen mainly aiming at PLAN in post J-15 era, apart from export potential.

wow! the pentagon would go nuts if that is real...is it?

If that is the case shouldn't they be able to transport it with its wings folded?

If that is the case shouldn't they be able to transport it with its wings folded?

What we see IMO is only the base model whose wings can't be folded. But surely it's been deliberately designed to be a future naval fighter when needed, which i suspect is its prime design objective, with only minor changes. I don't think SAC is dumb enough to do otherwise though.

/

Back
Top Bottom