What's new

The new SAC 5 generation stealth fighter

A new angle.
Pm3Wu.jpg

Looks like a semi-official station of some sort. Could be a stop along the highway.

How fast do people think this convoy is travelling? No more than 40 Km/h? maybe 30 max?

The plane is not really that small, it looks smaller because it is slightly tilted so part of the side is hidden. Also people are used to seeing planes with their wheel down on the ground. Planes will appear smaller without the landing wheels out.

I dunno am just posting what I found. It's not a city but on highway.

Another twin-engine Chinese stealth aircraft makes sense for power projection

0fAgZ.jpg

China's SAC (Shenyang Aircraft Corporation) twin-engine stealth fighter.

e7iyI.jpg

fhVTn.jpg

0Sjxn.jpg

lB39r.jpg

I think another twin-engine stealth aircraft makes sense.

I had originally believed China would build a single-engine stealth fighter in a hi-lo mix to complement the twin-engine J-20 Mighty Dragon. However, if China believes it has very strong ground-based air defenses then it doesn't need stealthy point-defense single-engine air-superiority fighters.

For example, the non-stealthy single-engine F-16 has a combat radius of 340 miles. Similarly, the J-10 has a combat radius of 330 miles (or 550km). In contrast, the twin-engine F-15 has a combat radius of 1,222 miles.

Therefore, we can only conclude China is interested in building fighters for power projection. In other words, the J-20 and the new twin-engine SAC fighter are both intended to dominate the airspace over other countries or the South China Sea.

----------

References:

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Note: Thank you to Greyboy2, CardSharp, and No_Name for the pictures.]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom