What's new

The JF-17 is a truly remarkable plane

Technically, he is correct.

Mig-25 could fly higher and faster than F-16 and cannot be intercepted by F-16. But it's tactical usability is highly limited ( mostly relegated to reconnaissance.
:offtopic: We are getting a little off topic here. The Thread is about JF-17 Thunder not F-16 or MIG-25.

In terms of potential export for the JF-17 - and I remember reading recently Saudi was interested - is the Klimov engine not an issue?

--
ok...
may i know parameters on which teas is junk and failed miserably
then we can go ahead for futher question

Go ask your military that.

After decades of development, if Tejas are still not inducted as operational units in air force, then the whole project has failed miserably.

JF-17s are flying as operational fighter jets, Tejas are not.

Case over.

Go ask your military that.

After decades of development, if Tejas are still not inducted as operational units in air force, then the whole project has failed miserably.

JF-17s are flying as operational fighter jets, Tejas are not.

Case over.

F-35 and Rafale are termed operational - still doesn't mean I'd get in one.

JF-17 and Tejas are both fine platforms - but the point that many on here don't like to hear is Tejas is sole-sourced and developed. The JF-17 was co-produced - and the major financier and producer of that platform doesn't presently use it.

Case Over.

F-35 and Rafale are termed operational - still doesn't mean I'd get in one.

JF-17 and Tejas are both fine platforms - but the point that many on here don't like to hear is Tejas is sole-sourced and developed. The JF-17 was co-produced - and the major financier and producer of that platform doesn't presently use it.

Case Over.

Not if the engine, the avionics.. the Radar... all of that is taken into account.
Also, please get your figures right on the producer. Outdated they are.

Not if the engine, the avionics.. the Radar... all of that is taken into account.
Also, please get your figures right on the producer. Outdated they are.

Engine, avionics and the radar on JF-17 - tell me, who is the OEM for them?

As for the production costs and intellectual property for JF-17 - I'm all ears. Do we need to add here that perhaps it's 40% Saudi?

Engine, avionics and the radar on JF-17 - tell me, who is the OEM for them?

As for the production costs and intellectual property for JF-17 - I'm all ears. Do we need to add here that perhaps it's 40% Saudi?
First OEM for RD-93 Engine of Block 1 JF-17 Thunder is Russia. Second Block 2 version will Have Chinese Engine WS-13, along with Chinese Avionics, and AESA Radar. Third Saudis have nothing to do with JF-17 Thunder because it a project between Pakistan and China no Third country is involved.China is an Economic Power not a weak country if Pakistan faces a Problem in the Project China will back them. Fourth Saudis only want to buy JF-17 Thunder to replace F-5 E/F Freedom Fighters. The number of F-5 E/F in Saudis Air Force are 120. As JF-17 Block I cost is US 20 million per unit. We will expect a good deal with Saudi Arabia. Myanmar will also Buy JF-17 Thunder to replace A-5s and F-7M AirGuards. Number of A-5 is 48 and F-7M is 52.

So tell us, is Tejas in line to be a world beater, ever wondered why despite being several decades late, why India is still pursuing this project...... apart from replacing the older fleet in PAF, JF-17 also is ideal to counter any threat from across the border......and despite the ignorance, the Block-52s are the best platforms in the region.

Its a little weird that Pakistani members are 1st to bring in LCA in a thread about JF 17 when the 2 projects have little similarity. One is a design technology attempt by India and the other is a Manufacturing JV with China for an all together different purpose than design technology advancement.

While not completely same, the closest comparison, if at all needed with an Indian project, would be with the manufacturing JV that India has with Russia for Su 30 MKI. While there are some differences there as well, specially in terms of financial arrangements and IP rights, construct wise, India does the same for SU 30 MKIs that Pakistan has done for JF 17. Except probably since India has been manufacturing SU 30 MKI for much longer, the percentage indigenous production of SU 30 MKI in India is somewhat higher that indigenous production of JF 17 in Pakistan

cd81d1644d77b9f6c5107dcd6b70c1e7.jpg

Its a little weird that Pakistani members are 1st to bring in LCA in a thread about JF 17 when the 2 projects have little similarity. One is a design technology attempt by India and the other is a Manufacturing JV with China for an all together different purpose than design technology advancement.

While not completely same, the closest comparison, if at all needed with an Indian project, would be with the manufacturing JV that India has with Russia for Su 30 MKI. While there are some differences there as well, specially in terms of financial arrangements and IP rights, construct wise, India does the same for SU 30 MKIs that Pakistan has done for JF 17. Except probably since India has been manufacturing SU 30 MKI for much longer, the percentage indigenous production of SU 30 MKI in India is somewhat higher that indigenous production of JF 17 in Pakistan
Well Both Countries Peoples love each other so much so they like to compare Things like kids. :D
JF-17 Thunder was officially Declared A MIG-29 Killer. The most Favourite aircraft in 2007 in India was MIG-29. As For SU-30MKI J-10s can be enough.

Any other Options They are coming with.

Last edited:
IT was officially made to Tackle Mig-29s, Gripens, and Su-27s . Pakistan didnt bought the Gripens because they Knew JF-17 Thunders are better.While Mig-29 Fulcrum, JAS-39C Gripen, and SU-27 Flanker are far superior than Mig-21 Fishbed. I think You are a little jealous of JF-17 Thunder :chilli:. As we Pakistani are Proud of it. :smitten: :pakistan:

You are wrong bro..... Pakistan didnt buy the Gripens because they Knew Saab Gripen is US$ 68.90 million per unit

My military experts told me that after indian tejas failed miserably...and were regarded as junk by experts...JF-17 Thunder, without absence of much competition, have become the best available fighter aircraft in light multirole combat aircraft's category.

Good for Pakistan.

Are you sure that your experts told that Indian LCA failed miserably ? :shout: Then better check whether they are really experts or some PDF fan boys from our neighbouring country. :yahoo:

Last edited:

Who told you JF-17 is manufacturing JV b/w PAF and AVIC? JF-17 Project director or Chinese FC-1 project director ?

LOL on SU-30 manufacturing JV where 10,000 parts are made in India out 30,000 that is not even 50 percent, things still come in knockdown kits and you guys just assemble them and all the rivets, basic manufacturing material is still outsourced from Russia directly , SU-30 has to go to Russia STILL for maintenance. (MARCH 2014), Were India involved in SU-30 from inception ?,,,, AND CAN INDIA SELL SU-30 on it's own ?

Now compare all this manufacturing JV of SU-30 with JF-17 project. Can PAF sell JF-17 on it's own, YES, Does JF-17 get serviced and maintained wholly instead of sending it to china as well as all the spares are built locally? YES.

It's not the first time we are having debate with YOU on this particular subject. I vividly recalled you were shown JF-17 project director interview where he explained in detail about Pakistan participation in JF-17 from it's inception

You and @Alfa-Fighter are both cut from same cloth. Both post with habitual and repeated lies despite knowing the original facts from previous debates

Last edited:
Whatever the other's opinions on it, The JF-17 is a truly remarkable plane, now as of Block 1. Adding an AESA radar and a better and more powerful engine, even if it is a Russian new and better one readily available, or the most likely Chinese one, It will still be called remarkable++.

Back
Top Bottom