What's new

The Ground-zero mosque, continued

I say build the mosque..........We americans come from different backgrounds, let the muslims be happy........:pakistan::usflag:

Ground zero Mosque is gong to be built whethjr you like it or not,
simply because a majority of NON-muslim have no problem and can not see the what the fuss is all about.

The people who scream foul are the Nazi of the new century.

First...The lack of a centralized religious authoritative body, like that of the Vatican, in Islam made it easy for ObL and al-Qaeda to formulate their own version of politicized Islam. With the UN and its Security Council, at least political bodies have several forums in which to air their grievances, plead their causes, create alliances, seeks moral support...etc...etc...The greater the number of agreements, even unwritten ones, the greater the odds of success in any UN forum.

Second...You are wrong in that al-Qaeda's brand of politicized Islam does not have worlwide support. Such support does not have to be openly popular and because so many are willing to quietly support al-Qaeda's version of politicized Islam, we have no idea as to the extent of numerical and ideological support. The fact that there are al-Qaeda's cells in every muslim country should tell us that al-Qaeda's version of political Islam is popular and enjoys considerable numerical support. Tacit support can and often does come from inaction. Is al-Qaeda's version of politicized Islam unknown before Sept 11, 2001? No. Such a version of politicized Islam was well known and enjoyed active support in many parts of the world, noticeably in the ME and Africa. For example: The Fighting Jama'ah Islamiyaah of Libya. Wahhabism is the foundation of this politicized Islam and the interpretation that Saudi Arabia export with near total worldwide muslim acquiescent, if not openly support.

Everyone. We are not interested ONLY the active strength of al-Qaeda fighters. The US military, including the Reserves and National Guards forces, are about 3 million. Where do you think these men and women come from? Now where do you think al-Qaeda fighters come from? Christians? Buddhists? Rastafarians?

Why blame them, since for so many Americans their first exposure to Islam and the acts of those claiming to be Muslims was 9-11?

I guess inbreeding in family REALLY do exist in the States after all. :usflag:

the evidence are in the quotes posted above.

I think you are blind to the political reality I'm trying to present to you.

Durrr... of course his gonna crap on your stupidity its from your racist views - how is that reality I don't see Muslim strapping on bombs and blowing themselves up on a daily bases anywhere in the west.

Last edited:
I think this kind of made them shout "look, we preach religious tolerance! But too damn bad we're hypocritical".

Hi,

America america america---ain't we headed towards the same place.

First hate---then anger---then persecution---then executions---

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."
Martin Niemoller

This is such a silly issue blown so much out of proportion. If I own the land and want to build a mosque, a synagogue, a temple or a place of devil-worship - it is my call. But given that if so many people are against it, not only will the mosque be built - but the tax money of the same protesters will be used to provide round the clock security for the mosque.

This struggle is in the very early stages, but look already what has happened - the opposers positions have been taking a beating - these positions were exposed as motivated primary by bigotry - that the equation of Islam with terrorism and Muslims with terrorists, while it has emotional appeal, is neither reasonable nor moral - the opposers first brought out the big guns (emotions), "sacred ground", sure but not for US Muslims, and that exposed them to the public - the US public is as emotional as any other, but not to the point of irrational and the US public is aware of the struggle for equality for the law.

The Opposers then tried to deflect from this loss to their credibility by bringing larger national political personalities and politics (read that Muslim in disguise, Obama) - Obama withdrew quickly, depriving the opposers of ammunition.

The opposers then offered threats of what might happen to US muslims if the project goes through -- If you build, then you will be considered terrorists, a sort of "parole", don't build and you won't be terrorists.

As we suggested, the more the opposition increases it's efforts, the better, because it exposes what they are really about - and it's good, because a lot of people were caught up in the emotion of it all and have not had a chance to THINK, to reflect, is the US a society where emotional appeals trump law and morality? The answer, I suggest, will be a overwhelming. No!, it is not. Bad news for opposers.

And soon there will be more and more such challeneges, US muslims and all elements of US society that seek a more open and more inclusive society should welcome more challeneges, because regardless of success in these challeneges, with each struggle the opposers are more and more exposed, to the point that they not only become irrelevant but more importantly, the policy objectives they support are exposed as reckless, unconsidered, dangerous.

This is such a silly issue blown so much out of proportion. If I own the land and want to build a mosque, a synagogue, a temple or a place of devil-worship - it is my call. But given that if so many people are against it, not only will the mosque be built - but the tax money of the same protesters will be used to provide round the clock security for the mosque.
Absolutely...And as a devil-worshiper, you can burn a US flag and chant 'Death to America' on your property as well. Anyone who criticize you about it is a 'bigot', right?

Absolutely...And as a devil-worshiper, you can burn a US flag and chant 'Death to America' on your property as well. Anyone who criticize you about it is a 'bigot', right?

Then what is our crime? Being a muslim?

Seriously, if America didn't want the mosque, can't they change the rule? "Everyone has the right to practice religious freedom... except muslims..."

Before starting a flame war, there is absolutely no reason that the mosque shouldn't be allowed. Iraq didn't exactly ask for american occupation, and yet, american troops have been there for the past few years...

Then what is our crime? Being a muslim?
If it is, there would have been internment camps for muslims immediately after Sept 11, 2001. Care to show US any?

Seriously, if America didn't want the mosque, can't they change the rule? "Everyone has the right to practice religious freedom... except muslims..."
Looks like you missed the point, are there any such rules?

Before starting a flame war, there is absolutely no reason that the mosque shouldn't be allowed.
Legally speaking, yes. And so far, there are no new laws or any amendments of current ones to disallow the construction.

Iraq didn't exactly ask for american occupation, and yet, american troops have been there for the past few years...
Red herring. Look it up.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom