What's new

the first visit by an Iranian defense minister to Turkmenistan to boost military cooperation

Mod Edit

Since you are trying to jump on another topic, I'll clarify it again:

You said Iran directly imports 95% of its equipment, I proved you wrong and told you that it's a stupid figure, that's it. I'm not going to discuss the 'quality' of the products since I don't have the time for it. That's the end of conversation.
Also I used Turkey as an example since you almost worship them, otherwise, I have sworn not to involve in any other Iran vs Turkey stupid rants, again.

@New

I'd like to ask a very simple question from you: Do you accept that more than 95% of Iran's military equipment are directly imported from foreign countries? A simple yes or no answer without any clarifications would suffice.

What did you prove?
I answered your post with details.
Do you wanna act dogmatic? I don't care.

Dear rmi5.
I have a simple Q from you.are you Iranian ?

Does it make any difference in correctness of my posts?

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you prove?
I answered your post with details.
Do you wanna act dogmatic? I don't care.

You said Iran imports 95% of its military equipment which is wrong. Now discussing on their 'quality' is another thing.

You said some of them are copies, but aren't copies already being produced inside Iran? Indeed, and that proves you wrong. If we are to conclude based on that logic, many countries in the world, including many European countries, import more than 95% of their equipment. Iran is not one of them, and that's not what I'm saying, that's also what many western sources say.
Maybe you meant that 95% of Iran's equipment are not designed domestically, and that's another different topic to discuss.

Btw, @yavar is thread banned.

You said Iran imports 95% of its military equipment which is wrong. Now discussing on their 'quality' is another thing.

You said some of the are copies, but aren't copies already being produced inside Iran? Indeed, and that proves you wrong. If we are to conclude based on that logic, many countries in the world, including many European countries, import 95% of their equipment. Iran is not one of them, and that's not what I'm saying, that's also what many western sources say.

What I meant is this: "95%+ of iranian army is based on direct imports from foreign countries, including fighter jets, most navy and army equipments", rest of them are also bunch of copies of some, not all, of these products.
Is there any indigenous Iranian fighter? (Please be serious and don't mention Qaher)
Is there any indigenous mass produced Iranian tank?
Is there any indigenous Iranian ship? We know that even Jamaran was built from old british design with european engine, ... yet is the best thing that Iran has ever built.
What about firearms? Rifles are easy to be produced, so the question is are there any good rifles? No.
This list is the truth. Iranian Army has not been upgraded significantly after the last deals signed with USSR in 2 and a half decades ago.
Anyway, the discussion is different for smaller countries. for small countries, it is not cost efficient to produce indigenously specially if they have hard core strong allies. If you want to compare Iran with europe, you need to compare it with countries with the same population, area, GDP and such, not for example with Slovakia.

What I meant is this: "95%+ of iranian army is based on direct imports from foreign countries, including fighter jets, most navy and army equipments", rest of them are also bunch of copies of some, not all, of these products.
Is there any indigenous Iranian fighter? (Please be serious and don't mention Qaher)
Is there any indigenous mass produced Iranian tank?
Is there any indigenous Iranian ship? We know that even Jamaran was built from old british design with european engine, ... yet is the best thing that Iran has ever built.
What about firearms? Rifles are easy to be produced, so the question is are there any good rifles? No.
This list is the truth. Iranian Army has not been upgraded significantly after the last deals signed with USSR in 2 and a half decades ago.
Anyway, the discussion is different for smaller countries. for small countries, it is not cost efficient to produce indigenous specially if they have hard core strong allies. If you want to compare Iran with europe, you need to compare it with countries with the same population, area, GDP and such, not for example with Slovakia.
When you say 95% is based on direct imports, it also includes reverse engineered products which are based on foreign design, but produced inside the country, and that may be true. But what I'm saying is that in producing equipment inside the country, Iran,Turkey and Israel are the only ones in ME who are fairly independent in this regard, but not in all fields of course.

Also, it's not fair to compare Iran to Turkey or Israel from one aspect: No country is going to have a ToT deal with Iran or selling hi-tech product to us, so expecting a fully indigenous design from scratch is ridiculous. Even Turkey's Altay and T-129 Atak projects are based on foreign design which are being produced inside Turkey, not mass produced yet of course.

Again you brought the G-3 example, although I already said quality of the products are another topic. The thing is, Iran won't have to beg any country for equipment like rifles, mortars, missiles, fast boats, small ships and frigates, radars and air defense systems (some already being developed), small submarines and even bullets! yes some relatively modern armies in ME don't even produce their own bullets, let alone other things.

Why in every Iranian thread Turkey has to be mentioned.... go compare yourself with US, China, Russia. We are just a small insignificant country. We bow to Iran's majestic presence in our region, so please spare us. :cray:

When you say 95% is based on direct imports, it also includes reverse engineered products which are based on foreign design, but produced inside the country, and that may be true. But what I'm saying is that in producing equipment inside the country, Iran,Turkey and Israel are the only ones in ME who are fairly independent in this regard, but not in all fields of course.
Well, Israel produces many stuff indigenously. tanks, ships, real capable drones, rifles, indigenous top-notch avionics for their jets, even they designed real capable fighter jets. So, they are in great extent capable of indigenous products, but buy foreign arms as well, since US financial aids can only be used to buy american arms, also they import the technology with them as well.
Turkey is also producing a lot of stuff. Turkey does not have oil money and has a big land which sinks tax money to be developed. Yet, they have a really big army, with state of the art equipments, and have integrated themselves well into NATO projects, like F-35, which the turkish SOM missile would be used as its cruise missile, ...
Iran though, does not have up to date arms. Also, does not even have any serious plans which yields to real arm products. yet has tons of oil an gas money, even when is sanctioned.
Also, it's not fair to compare Iran to Turkey or Israel from one aspect: No country is going to have a ToT deal with Iran or selling hi-tech product to us, so expecting a fully indigenous design from scratch is ridiculous. Even Turkey's Altay and T-129 Atak projects are based on foreign design which are being produced inside Turkey, not mass produced yet of course.
Why is it ridiculous? who has forced Iran to act like maniacs? No one but herself. then it's Iran's fault, and no one elses fault.
In real battle, your enemy would not refrain to shoot you because you have acted like maniacs.
Again you brought the G-3 example, although I already said quality of the products are another topic. The thing is, Iran won't have to beg any country for equipment like rifles, mortars, missiles, fast boats, small ships and frigates, radars and air defense systems (some already being developed), small submarines and even bullets! yes some relatively modern armies in ME don't even produce their own bullets, let alone other things.
air defense?!!! You mean just updated S-200s, besides some Tor?!!!
Exclusively, for rifles, I focused on quality as well, since even smaller countries can produce rifles. So, quality is what matters, which Iran lacks it. Anyway, G-3 needs to be replaced, as all countries have already replaced it, or they are going to replace them.
About other ME countries, you are trolling. Even UAE produces and exports some fire arms. Anyway, ME, except for Africa, and South Asia, is the most retard place of this planet. If it makes you happy, yes, Iran is better than Yemen. Big achievement :lol:

air defense?!!! You mean just updated S-200s, besides some Tor?!!!
Exclusively, for rifles, I focused on quality as well, since even smaller countries can produce rifles. So, quality is what matters, which Iran lacks it. Anyway, G-3 needs to be replaced, as all countries have already replaced it, or they are going to replace them.
About other ME countries, you are trolling. Even UAE produces and exports some fire arms. Anyway, ME, except for Africa, and South Asia, is the most retard place of this planet. If it makes you happy, yes, Iran is better than Yemen. Big achievement :lol:

Serpentine never challenged you on the quality aspect. Thats what your thick skull havent been able to comprehend, after all these posts.
You're like a dumb parrot, that keep regurgitating the same shit over and over again, because you lack skills to comprehend basic points.

Serpentine never challenged you on the quality aspect. Thats what your thick skull havent been able to comprehend, after all these posts.
You're like a dumb parrot, that keep regurgitating the same shit over and over again, because you lack skills to comprehend basic points.

kiddo, do not jump in the discussion of two seniors.
As I told you before, I will never discuss with you, since you only come for trolling and have low intellectual level. Fix them, then I may consider discussing with you.

kiddo, do not jump in the discussion of two seniors.
As I told you before, I will never discuss with you, since you only come for trolling and have low intellectual level. Fix them, then I may consider discussing with you.

Your IQ must be the equivalance of a 2 year old, as indicated by your lack of basic comprehension skills here
Even after 100 posts, you still wouldnt get it. You'd be here repeating the same irrelevant points like a parrot.
Serpentine is refuting you on your 95 % figure which you brougt out of your ***, and then you jump ship and talk about quality (which Serpentine did not challenge you on, as thats a different topic).
You did this repeatedly.

Must hurt to be that dumb.

Your IQ must be the equivalance of a 2 year old, as indicated by your lack of basic comprehension skills here
Even after 100 posts, you still wouldnt get it. You'd be here repeating the same irrelevant points like a parrot.
OK, now brush your teeth, make your pee, kiss and go to bed ;)

Why in every Iranian thread Turkey has to be mentioned.... go compare yourself with US, China, Russia. We are just a small insignificant country. We bow to Iran's majestic presence in our region, so please spare us. :cray:

My dear, instead of talking smart, ask your friend @rmi5 about bringing Turkey to the topic in first place.

@rmi5 As always, either you don't want to see what I was trying to say or you didn't understand it which I believe the former is true. You repeated your first words again without even giving attention to what I said. I only refuted that 95% claim and that's it, every other thing belongs to another topic.

My dear, instead of talking smart, ask your friend @rmi5 about bringing Turkey to the topic in first place.

@rmi5 As always, either you don't want to see what I was trying to say or you didn't understand it which I believe the former is true. You repeated your first words again without even giving attention to what I said. I only refuted that 95% claim and that's it, every other thing belongs to another topic.
My post was detailed reply to yours :what:
Anyway, what abut 94%? Peace? :)

Back
Top Bottom