What's new

the first visit by an Iranian defense minister to Turkmenistan to boost military cooperation

IMHO, saudi style is very stupid. They are already better than Saudi and Iran in the sense that don't waste money on wahabism and such, but still waste a huge amount of money for their Turkmenbashi, and huge price to please russkies. Instead they need to build tons of factories, build world class universities to educate their people with the world class technologies, ... and also, on the side, buy weapons. Turkmenistan suffers from a huge unemployment, as well. If instead of building golden statues, they build something for their people and stop the almost free petrol price policy, ... they can be like a second Norway, with this huge amount of resources they have.

Turkey should have focused on Turkic countries rather than bogging itself in the ME shithole... :rolleyes:

Bro, unfortunately I don't follow the news, maybe others can make a better clarification, @Serpentine @kollang @haman10

I believe it has nothing special compared to regular and routine visits that country officials have, and in almost all of them both sides 'stress willingness to cooperate on different fields, fighting terrorism and increasing trade and cooperation'. Almost always, that's the way it goes.

I meant Saudi style in terms of armament, they can start producing independent foreign policy once they have a respectable arsenal, better than spending money on gold monuments.
you buy weapon from foreigner is just waste of money and you never can have independent policies just because of that . as you need foreigner for the maintenance of those weapons or they become just pile of rusted Iron in a month if they cut their support.

you buy weapon from foreigner is just waste of money and you never can have independent policies just because of that . as you need foreigner for the maintenance of those weapons or they become just pile of rusted Iron in a month if they cut their support.
Yeah sure but dont expect 6 million country like Turkmenistan to have a indigenous weapon industry.

You are talking like Iran is indigenously produces F-22. 95% of your equipments are directly imported from foreign countries, and the rest 5% are just bunch of copies of 1970's and 1960's technology of foreign arms.

You are talking like Iran is indigenously produces F-22. 95% of your equipments are directly imported from foreign countries, and the rest 5% are just bunch of copies of 1970's and 1960's technology of foreign arms.
If 95% of Iran's equipment are directly imported from foreign countries, then all other countries in ME have 100% of their equipment imported from other countries, if we base our judgement in your logic.

If 95% of Iran's equipment are directly imported from foreign countries, then all other countries in ME have 100% of their equipment imported from other countries, if we base our judgement in your logic.

Well, ME is consisted of bunch of low IQ morons. although, there is no logic for smaller countries like UAE to go for indigenous equipments, and their strategy is OK. KSA, Iran, Egypt, and Turkey can build their own equipments. Turkey produce her own F-16, TFX, T-129, Firtina, Anka, ... and participating in plans that have not technology now, like F-35. They are fine, but need to speed the process. The rest 3 are bunch of morons run by bunch of pre-medieval goons. Egypt is still better than KSA, and Iran, though, in terms of being less morons.

Well, ME is consisted of bunch of low IQ morons. although, there is no logic for smaller countries like UAE to go for indigenous equipments, and their strategy is OK. KSA, Iran, Egypt, and Turkey can build their own equipments. Turkey produce her own F-16, TFX, T-129, Firtina, Anka, ... and participating in plans that have not technology now, like F-35. They are fine, but need to speed the process. The rest 3 are bunch of morons run by bunch of pre-medieval goons. Egypt is still better than KSA, and Iran, though, in terms of being less morons.
Still your last post is wrong. Iran produces most of its equipment domestically and saying that 95% of Iran's equipment is being imported directly is stupid to be honest. You may wanna say that some of them are copy, reverse engineered and blah blah, that doesn't matter. What matters is that they are being produced inside Iran and that means your 95% figure is nonsense.

And one correction: Turkey doesn't produce TFX, it's just a concept for now.

Still your last post is wrong. Iran produces most of its equipment domestically and saying that 95% of Iran's equipment is being imported directly is stupid to be honest. You may wanna say that some of them are copy, reverse engineered and blah blah, that doesn't matter. What matters is that they are being produced inside Iran and that means your 95% figure is nonsense.

really? are F-14, F-4, F-5 indigenous? No, not even licensed produced in Iran.
Are T-72, Chieftain, M-60, ... indigenous? No
Are submarines, most of navy, ... indigenous? No
Even the useless missiles are copied from North Korea.
Iran cannot even produce, license produce a good rifle. Still, Iranian produced G-3, technology of decades ago, get jammed after a few shots, because of its stupid used alloys.
Saying 95% was far generous.

It will be produced.

Dear serpentin this rmi5 guy is right, his words might be a little teasing but he is damn f***ing right, as an engineer studding in one of the Iran's top 2 universities, you should be capable of thinking more logically, I don't wanna dig it deep, but considering even the preliminary steps, new and modern weaponry is all about electronics and chipsets, if you can't make them, then claiming of an indigenous industry is a mere sheer nonsense, You know the difference between military grade and industrial grade technology, when we are kinda considered a crippled nation in even industrial level technology, then what is with this claimings of being self reliant in military grade level.

Last edited:
really? are F-14, F-4, F-5 indigenous? No, not even licensed produced in Iran.
Licence produced or not, F-5s (Saeqe) is being produced in Iran and except Turkey which produces F-16 under U.S license, no other country in ME does it. Also Iran does all of its maintenance job domestically, and that can't be said about most of countries in ME.

Are T-72, Chieftain, M-60, ... indigenous? No
And how many tanks of Turkish army are produced inside the country and are completely indigenous?
Although Iran is not yet mass using Zulfiqar 3, but it's already deployed in armed forces. Just like Altay.

Are submarines, most of navy, ... indigenous? No
Again, what percentage of Turkish submarines and ships are completely indigenous? Although their naval industry is better than ours, but even Turkey doesn't produce many of its navy equipment inside their country.
Iran has just started the modernization of navy and we already produce our own ships, small boats, land to sea missiles, small submarines, sea mines, frigates and etc.

Even the useless missiles are copied from North Korea.
Useless, copy, reverse engineered, name them what you like. ALL of them are being produced inside the country and we are ahead of Turkey in this field.
Btw, in a war, no one asks you if your equipment are copies or not, the thing is you won't have to rely on bigger country's mercy to sell you weapons, just like our case in Iran-Iraq war. It's different now.

Iran cannot even produce, license produce a good rifle. Still, Iranian produced G-3, technology of decades ago, get jammed after a few shots, because of its stupid used alloys.

G-3s are old, yes, but all of the rifles are already produced in Iran, and it's enough to contradict your claim that we import more than 95% of our equipment.
We just produced a fairly modern assault rifle and it's going to be mass produced:
343bf3edeb3709451fb0ab98c55f658f-jpg.94077

It will be produced.
Sure it will. We'll talk about it after it is produced.

Dear serpentin this rmi5 guy is right, his words might be a little teasing but he is damn f***ing right, as an engineer studding in one of the Iran's top 2 universities, you should be capable of thinking more logically, I don't wanna dig it deep, but considering even the preliminary steps, new and modern weaponry is all about electronics and chipsets, if you can't make them, then claiming of an indigenous industry is a mere sheer nonsense, You know the difference between military grade and industrial grade technology, when we are kinda considered a crippled nation in even industrial level technology, then what is with this claimings of being self reliant in military grade level.
A few examples would be appreciated dear. Can we produce advanced electronic systems like those in F-35? Of course not. Does it still mean that we import 95% of our equipment? No. My only objection is the 95% figure which is plain stupid. Otherwise, I am well aware of shortcomings in our military and I'm not a fan boy who gets over excited over some military unveilings, but that doesn't mean I will accept random numbers which comes out of pure political hatred, not military intelligence.

Last edited:
I am not in the mood for troll responses.
do not read my posts with dogmatism.

Licence produced or not, F-5s (Saeqe) is being produced in Iran and except Turkey which produces F-16 under U.S license, no other country in ME does it. Also Iran does all of its maintenance job domestically, and that can't be said about most of countries in ME.
first Saegheh jets are confirmed to be just a minor overhaul, and maybe upgraded done by Iran. At least it is well known for first generation ones. The rest of them are not produced in mass production scale either, which shows the next ones have also been built, or they were more heavy overhauls, of scrapped F-5s. Anyway, they combined don't reach to 30 either, and are 1960's technology, a little bit more advanced than spitfire.

And how many tanks of Turkish army are produced inside the country and are completely indigenous?
Although Iran is not yet mass using Zulfiqar 3, but it's already deployed in armed forces. Just like Altay.
Zulfaghar 1 was just the overhauled western tanks.
Zulfaghar 2 was an abandoned project.
Zulfaghar 3 is not mass produced either. just a handful are built which are just shown in parades, yet no Iranian army unit is confirmed to be equipped with big number of Zulfaghar-3.
Altay is almost in production line, and has foreign customers, since it is not an outdated technology. It's one of the bests in the world, without doubt.
Again, what percentage of Turkish submarines and ships are completely indigenous? Although their naval industry is better than ours, but even Turkey doesn't produce many of its navy equipment inside their country.
Iran has just started the modernization of navy and we already produce our own ships, small boats, land to sea missiles, small submarines, sea mines, frigates and etc.
Many of their navy ships are produced in Turkey. Some of them like Milgem are really good, and have foreign customers.
@cabatli_53
Useless, copy, reverse engineered, name them what you like. ALL of them are being produced inside the country and we are ahead of Turkey in this field.
Btw, in a war, no one asks you if your equipment are copies or not, the thing is you won't have to rely on bigger country's mercy to sell you weapons, just like our case in Iran-Iraq war. It's different now.
Why are you fooling yourself? What's the point in producing useless garbage? If you want to waste money and time and your soldiers lives, you can just sent them with bare hands, that's easier.

G-3s are old, yes, but all of the rifles are already produced in Iran, and it's enough to contradict your claim that we import more than 95% of our equipment are imported.
We just produced a fairly modern assault rifle and it's going to be mass produced:
343bf3edeb3709451fb0ab98c55f658f-jpg.94077
They have unveiled tons of rifles, many of them being copies of Chinese rifles, like that Kheybar one, if I remember the name correctly, which I believe was the most neat unveiled one. Yet, non of them are mass-produced, which shows they were mere garbage propaganda.

I am not in the mood for troll responses.
do not read my posts with dogmatism.

first Saegheh jets are confirmed to be just a minor overhaul, and maybe upgraded done by Iran. At least it is well known for first generation ones. The rest of them are not produced in mass production scale either, which shows the next ones have also been built, or they were more heavy overhauls, of scrapped F-5s. Anyway, they combined don't reach to 30 either, and are 1960's technology, a little bit more advanced than spitfire.

Zulfaghar 1 was just the overhauled western tanks.
Zulfaghar 2 was an abandoned project.
Zulfaghar 3 is not mass produced either. just a handful are built which are just shown in parades, yet no Iranian army unit is confirmed to be equipped with big number of Zulfaghar-3.
Altay is almost in production line, and has foreign customers, since it is not an outdated technology. It's one of the bests in the world, without doubt.

Many of their navy ships are produced in Turkey. Some of them like Milgem are really good, and have foreign customers.
@cabatli_53

Why are you fooling yourself? What's the point in producing useless garbage? If you want to waste money and time and your soldiers lives, you can just sent them with bare hands, that's easier.

They have unveiled tons of rifles, many of them being copies of Chinese rifles, like that Kheybar one, if I remember the name correctly, which I believe was the most neat unveiled one. Yet, non of them are mass-produced, which shows they were mere garbage propaganda.

Since you are trying to jump on another topic, I'll clarify it again:

You said Iran directly imports 95% of its equipment, I proved you wrong and told you that it's a stupid figure, that's it. I'm not going to discuss the 'quality' of the products since I don't have the time for it. That's the end of conversation.
Also I used Turkey as an example since you almost worship them, otherwise, I have sworn not to involve in any other Iran vs Turkey stupid rants, again.

@New

I'd like to ask a very simple question from you: Do you accept that more than 95% of Iran's military equipment are directly imported from foreign countries? A simple yes or no answer without any clarifications would suffice.

A few examples would be appreciated dear. Can we produce advanced electronic systems like those in F-35?
I don't know where to start from my dear,
But for a simple example, would you please answer this question honestly?
Do you believe the level of electronics used in manufacturing a smart phone like Samsung S3 is higher or the respected level of electronics in making a 2000 kilometer's ranged missile?

Back
Top Bottom