What's new

THE COLDEST WAR- India,Pakistan and the Siachen Glacier

Probably the greatest hero of siachen battlefield, PVC Captain Bana Singh's Story

17bana-singh8.jpg

Damn- I knew the story of Bana Singh but seeing the dramtization of it in the YT vid- BREATHTAKING! I cannot even imagine these level of fortitude, bravery, strenghts,determination,fitness etc Just unreal!

When you look at pics of these guys and think what they have done, you just can't compute it. Superhuman is no overstatement for these guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brilliant piece of writing. Throughly impressed by our army. Not sure about the nation but the army sure is spartan.
btw this madness needs to end.
"This is the most depraved thing I've ever seen," Teru whispered one night. "I don't know if this is war. But it's definitely hell."

sums it all up for me.

last time someone had a big fight in -50 C was in the artic between germans and soviets. but there future of the world was at stake. here its only for inflated egos.

Brilliant piece of writing. Throughly impressed by our army. Not sure about the nation but the army sure is spartan.
btw this madness needs to end.
"This is the most depraved thing I've ever seen," Teru whispered one night. "I don't know if this is war. But it's definitely hell."

sums it all up for me.

last time someone had a big fight in -50 C was in the artic between germans and soviets. but there future of the world was at stake. here its only for inflated egos.

Asking men to survive in these locations is when thing but then asking them to fight is just evil IMHO. Here in the UK we like to believe we are used to the cold but minus -40 to -50 God damn!

Indian or Pakistani this is a heroic feat salute to all who dare to serve here.

And you are right- for what? Seriously?

This is the main reason I posted this article- to highlight the realities of what it is these armies do in these locations and to show the trivial nature of it all.

I suspect future generations will have contempt for the current and past generations who sent men to such inhospitable localities to achieve no real gain.

LOL. THE writer is quite biased towards India. Probably gave him a lot of money to write the bull.**** about winning the 1965 war. But ofcourse the Indians will probably believe these lies as they must be having wet dreams about it.

:sniper:

Damn- I knew the story of Bana Singh but seeing the dramtization of it in the YT vid- BREATHTAKING! I cannot even imagine these level of fortitude, bravery, strenghts,determination,fitness etc Just unreal!

When you look at pics of these guys and think what they have done, you just can't compute it. Superhuman is no overstatement for these guys.

Soldiers irrespective of the flag they pledge the loyalty to are superhumans.
I remember Late Field Marshal Sam Bahadur's statement about Gorkha regiment:
If a person says he is not afraid to die, he either is lying or probably is a Gorkha

Salute

LOL. THE writer is quite biased towards India. Probably gave him a lot of money to write the bull.**** about winning the 1965 war. But ofcourse the Indians will probably believe these lies as they must be having wet dreams about it.

For Pakistani's... They won the war, For the rest of the world... It is otherwise. We are happy that way though!

For Pakistani's... They won the war, For the rest of the world... It is otherwise. We are happy that way though!

LOL. I can quote many foreign journalists who give victory to Pakistan in 1965. I have played this game many times with you Indians. Whats the point? U guys just go on believing that with a military your size and still could not take Lahore where your Generals were quoted saying that they were going to have their drinks in Lahore Gymkhana. LOL.
"If Wishes were Fishes no one would go hungry."

LOL. I can quote many foreign journalists who give victory to Pakistan in 1965. I have played this game many times with you Indians. Whats the point? U guys just go on believing that with a military your size and still could not take Lahore where your Generals were quoted saying that they were going to have their drinks in Lahore Gymkhana. LOL.

And your army said that they were going to take Kashmir.

What's your point with the gymkhana statement? The fact that Pakistan started off as the aggressor and ended up as the defender and losing territory? 'Cause common sense dictates that an attacker should not lose more territory. You might perhaps be one of the first to do so after WW2.

LOL. I can quote many foreign journalists who give victory to Pakistan in 1965.

Please do so .Quote some foreign journalists and help us increase our knowledge .

I have played this game many times with you Indians.

And you failed everytime.

Whats the point? U guys just go on believing that with a military your size and still could not take Lahore where your Generals were quoted saying that they were going to have their drinks in Lahore Gymkhana. LOL.

Objective to capture kashmir >> OP. Gibraltor >> Got your a$$ kicked and end up defending lahore >>Can somebody point out where is the so called victory in that ??

Please do so .Quote some foreign journalists and help us increase our knowledge .

And you failed everytime.

Objective to capture kashmir >> OP. Gibraltor >> Got your a$$ kicked and end up defending lahore >>Can somebody point out where is the so called victory in that ??

forget it man.. in their delusional version of history which they study in primary schools, India was part of pakistan .. dumbfoolery at it's epic level :woot:

forget it man.. in their delusional version of history which they study in primary schools, India was part of pakistan .. dumbfoolery at it's epic level :woot:

Please don't give up on him.It is actually funny to debate with that guy .

@Slayer786 , What is your opinion about this report written by your own countrymen about 65.1965, Adventurism and Ejaz Haider’s Fiction

@rashtriya.rifles , please read the above link . Also don't miss the comment by pakistanis -- fun like hell .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom