What's new

The China Navy Third Fleet Carrier Battle Group Named PLANS FUJIAN 福建舰 (CVBG-18) Officially Launched !

your forgot to paste the next page from your link.

Mr. Akin. Right. The motor is an AC motor----
Captain Mahr. Yes, sir. We transmit the energy via DC for
lower line law.
Mr. Akin. Okay, so you have AC power coming from the ship's
generator.
Captain Mahr. (OFF MIKE)
Mr. Akin. It goes to the motor.
Captain Mahr. Yes, sir.
Mr. Akin. The motor is an AC motor. It is spinning at 4,000
RPM.
Captain Mahr. Yes, sir.
Mr. Akin. Driving a generator, which is a DC generator.
Captain Mahr. Yes, sir.
Mr. Akin. The DC generator then is connected through a
series of cables to the actual track.

OMG You don’t understand about that simple fact? It’s hard to talk to troller

The Generator of course all DC, We are talking about the Motor that become the ‘Heart’ of the EMALS system that you are in AC.

While Chinese one using much more reliable DC

Last edited:
@Slav Defence @waz @Horus

This troll spreading fake information, while I give him the proof to busted his fake information.

He then abusing me using negative rating. This kind of troller abusing other members who give the truth & fact is dragging down this forum

@dbc hey! why you dished out negative to @Daniel808 's last post? What did he post that asked for that?

For successfully busted his fake information, and he admit that he is losing to me :lol:

Such a Childish indeed :rofl:

OMG You don’t understand about that simple fact? It’s hard to talk to IQ 72.

The Generator of course all DC, We are talking about the Motor that become the ‘Heart’ of the EMALS system that you are in AC.

While Chinese one using much more reliable DC

The AC motor powers the Flywheel Energy Storage system not the EMALS, the Flywheel powers the DC generator and supplies a 1,000 V DC to peak 10,000 Volts DC MVDC to the EMALS. So the EMALS is DC powered and not AC powered as you repeatedly claim.

First of all, you have got something that you called
storage units which are motor generators. How do you consider a
motor generator to be a storage unit?

Captain Mahr. Sir, through the rotation of the motor
generator maintains roughly 4,000 revolutions per minute (RPM).
That is holding the electric kinetic energy, if you will.
Mr. Akin. So you get big flywheels in these suckers? Is
that what you are saying?

@Slav Defence @waz @Horus

This troll spreading fake information, while I give him the proof to busted his fake information.

He then abusing me using negative rating. This kind of troller abusing other members who give the truth & fact is dragging down this forum

For successfully busted his fake information, and he admit that he is losing to me :lol:

Such a Childish indeed :rofl:

I gave you a negative rating for calling me a troll and IQ72.

The AC motor powers the Flywheel Energy Storage system not the EMALS, the Flywheel powers the DC generator and supplies a 1,000 V DC to peak 10,000 Volts DC MVDC to the EMALS. So the EMALS is DC powered and not AC powered as you repeatedly claim.

First of all, you have got something that you called
storage units which are motor generators. How do you consider a
motor generator to be a storage unit?

Captain Mahr. Sir, through the rotation of the motor
generator maintains roughly 4,000 revolutions per minute (RPM).
That is holding the electric kinetic energy, if you will.
Mr. Akin. So you get big flywheels in these suckers? Is
that what you are saying?

I gave you a negative rating for calling me a troll and IQ72.

You still don’t understand that simple fact, don’t you? :lol:
EE630FFC-16E0-4CBD-BFFC-34157447256F.jpeg

The Motor that power the EMALS is AC Power, that’s giving you the reliability issue. While Chinese using DC.

The Generator itself, where the electric energy stored is DC because it’s more efficient. And just like other ships. That’s ordinary. Nothing special

Again, I stated to you sunshine. We are talking about the motor that power your EMALS is in AC.

So, it’s okay for you to call me silly? Don’t play victim in here, such a childish

Last edited:
You still don’t understand that simple fact, don’t you? :lol:
View attachment 864715
The Motor that power the EMALS is AC Power, that’s giving you the reliability issue. While Chinese using DC.

The Generator itself, where the electric energy stored is DC because it’s more efficient. And just like other ships. That’s ordinary.

Again, I stated to you sunshine. We are talking about the motor that power your EMALS is in AC.

So, it’s okay for you to call me silly? Don’t play victim in here, such a childish

Oh boy! I don’t know where to begin.

First the the Energy is stored as kinetic energy by spinning several large high mass rotors at high RPM so electric energy is converted to kinetic energy and not ‘DC electric energy’ as you claim. This Kinetic energy spins the DC generator, the output from this DC generator powers the EMALS track.

The system does not store electric energy it stores Kinetic energy.

Oh boy! I don’t know where to begin.

First the the Energy is stored as kinetic energy by spinning several large high mass rotors at high RPM so electric energy is converted to kinetic energy and not ‘DC electric energy’ as you claim. This Kinetic energy spins the DC generator, the output from this DC generator powers the EMALS track.

The system does not store electric energy it stores Kinetic energy.

Read this again carefully sunshine, you still don’t understand. Because you are in denial mode, it’s meaningless

EF403932-F2E9-4E12-B97D-64BC00608C26.png

Whether DC or AC is better, we can wait for time to give us the answer. The current debate is meaningless. As for power, I think nuclear power will be better.

BTW: I don't think the more aircraft the carrier carries, the more fighter planes it will be able to support at the same time. After all, there is a limit to the speed at which aircraft carriers can recover fighter aircraft. Maybe heavy fighters are more suitable for aircraft carriers.

Whether DC or AC is better, we can wait for time to give us the answer. The current debate is meaningless. As for power, I think nuclear power will be better.

BTW: I don't think the more aircraft the carrier carries, the more fighter planes it will be able to support at the same time. After all, there is a limit to the speed at which aircraft carriers can recover fighter aircraft. Maybe heavy fighters are more suitable for aircraft carriers.

DC is one Generation above & much more Reliable.

After experiencing reliability issue in their ford carrier, the US itself also move to DC, even they are still in designing phase at this moment

DC is one Generation above
I know, but we don't need to argue until there is no factual evidence. This kind of quarrel is just a waste of time, and no one can persuade the other party.

Read the whole article:
If the articles of "an analyst" are effective, India will already be a 2020-superpower. But you are still shit by the river.
As I said just now, the debate about 003 and Ford class is meaningless. Let's wait for time to give us the answer.

Lol... SCMP is well known to be anti China website operating from HK mostly posting junk about China.

Gerald Ford aircraft carrier electric catapult problem are well known. I don't think this issue is debatable.
US navy has been using catapult launch for decades and are the best in the world in carrier operations. Not just in ship board operations but also in aviation operations.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom