What's new

The China Navy Third Fleet Carrier Battle Group Named PLANS FUJIAN 福建舰 (CVBG-18) Officially Launched !

:smokin:

79EBF80A-EC3F-4412-B18B-1B6E4DD5E77F.png

D5660800-8EDF-4366-BB37-F127AC4074A3.png
AA513ADB-EB88-4889-9CB0-EF1DD4C36154.png

Last edited:
CGI of China’s Navy Carrier Battle Group (J-35 5th Gen Stealth Naval Fighter, J-15T 4.5th Gen Heavy Naval Fighter, and KJ-600 AWACS) Together with China’s Air Force Y-20U Strategic Tanker in Joint Operation

6305928C-CA91-4EB0-B9A7-3ACECAC06305.jpeg

How many aircraft carriers does China need? One analyst says at least 6

• Commentary says the country will need two for each of its existing three fleets with possibly another for future operations in the Indian Ocean​

• Last month the country’s third, and most advanced, carrier was launched and another is thought to be in the pipeline​

Liu Zhen in Beijing
Published: 11:00am, 18 Jul, 2022
1658124856618.png

China’s newly launched third aircraft carrier, the Fujian. Photo: Weibo

China needs six or seven aircraft carriers to watch over the South China Sea and possibly the Indian Ocean, according to a Chinese defence analyst.

Last month the country launched its third carrier the Fujian and a fourth is also reportedly in the pipeline – putting the country on track to have the world’s second largest carrier fleet after the United States.

But the Chinese military has been ambiguous about its future plans and said any further carriers would be considered “based on the demands of national security and the development of equipment technology”.

Wang Hongliang, associate researcher at the Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s National Strategic Research Centre, suggested in an article published last week that, assuming the country could afford it, each of the navy’s three fleets would need two aircraft carriers, and maybe one more for a future Indian Ocean fleet.

“If we are bold enough in predicting it, is it possible to maintain a permanent naval force in the Indian Ocean in the future to more effectively protect China’s most important trade route? Then this fleet, far from home ports, may need an aircraft carrier as well,” he wrote in The Paper.cn, a Shanghai-based news website.

Besides the Fujian, the PLA Navy has the Liaoning, a former Soviet Kuznetzov-class carrier bought from Ukraine, and the Shandong, a home-built hull modelled on the Liaoning with many modifications.

Chinese navy practises aerial combat as it prepares its newest aircraft carrier for operations

The navy is divided into three fleets – the North Sea Fleet, covering the Yellow Sea and Korean peninsula; the East Sea Fleet, responsible for an area that includes Taiwan; and the South Sea Fleet.

Wang predicted the Fujian might be deployed to the East Sea Fleet and play a critical role in the event of conflict in the Taiwan Strait.

The Liaoning, officially referred to as a “training platform”, is based at the North Sea Fleet’s home port, while the Shandong is assigned to the South Sea Fleet.

Wang highlighted the importance of using carriers to control the disputed South China Sea, where China’s claims extend more than 2,000km (1,200 miles) away from its coast.

Beijing has built bases on some of the islands and artificial islands in the area, but he believes that is not enough because “the risk of US military involvement is real”.

He wrote: “The complex security situation in the South China Sea and the far distance from the mainland coastline both require floating airport fortresses that can be deployed to the relevant sea area at any time.

“Equipping the South Sea Fleet with aircraft carriers will fill the last remaining loopholes of the island defence system in the South China Sea.”

He said eventually six or seven carriers would be needed to allow the navy to “multitask” and carry out “high-intensity” missions.

He said the Fujian, which is equipped with advanced electromagnetic catapults, will serve as a foundation for the construction of at least two more carriers. But predicted these will probably have significant upgrades, such as replacing the power system with nuclear reactors and adding another launch catapult and one or two elevators for plane operations.

Wang also said the country’s Type 075 amphibious assault ships, which currently act as helicopter landing docks, could be transformed into light carriers for fixed wing planes by fitting catapults.

He also warned that at the current pace of construction, the country will not get its sixth carrier until 2037 at the earliest, by which time the Liaoning would be 49 years old and facing retirement.

“For any country, a strategic project like aircraft carrier construction does not only need to take into consideration its industrial capacity, technical level and operational needs, but also is directly related to what the country can afford and willingness to make administrative decisions,” he wrote.

Mean while in real world USN still rules Taiwan waters hehe he..
lol, supa powa usa should grow enough balls to just say no to China & support TW independence, just verbally.
Instead of being reduced to wasting fuel on these showboats to fool americans back home while they starve from fuel inflation.

Careful, we don't have a concept of master slave, thats a very chinese thing.
Meanwhile Taiwan still exists calling themselves Republic of China, you didn't know that? Poor you...
ur entire 'country' is a colony/slave of usa.
If u want to say TW is independent, don't worry about me, u should first convince usa, they dont dare to say it is. lol

Tsk tsk, my country embarrassed your CCP throwing your criminal in jail, while CCP begged to release her.
Once a slave, always a slave.
I for one can enjoy USA making sure you guys are kept in place, maybe someday there will be one china, till then 60 miles to ROC is too far for you.
Chill bro.
And release her u did, just as ur told to. lol
Dont need to tell me there's no one China, tell usa. They say there is, just as China tell them to say. lol

Only needs to be told there is a Taiwan next door to you hahaha.
Go ahead and deny there exists another China less than 100 kilometers from you, the little tiny island you are still unable to subdue:lol:
A tiny island which ur master usa say is China. lol

So no answer to why Taiwan still exists?
Why Taiwan cannot exist? Didn't China called Hong Kong and Macau too? But they are part of China , right? So what exactly u try to prove?

An independent state need to have a seat in UN and recognize by all major powers of the world. Anything less than that, u are not independent.

Hello welcome!

The only problem is CCP does not want taiwan to exist. Kuomintag says the same, who's gonna win?
I don't even think outsiders like you should be worried about Taiwan.

Picture this scenario: 20-30 years from now China is the most powerful country on Earth, a lot more powerful than USA. BUT there's just a slight problem, how can you be the #1 when you've been historically picked on by Japan?

Imagine you was an alien visiting Earth... #1 nation in the world never resolved a historic grudge against a tiny neighboring country? The aliens would laugh their heads off!

Anyways, I foresee this as our immediate future:

2020-2030: The age of defeating US arrogance. China already got better things going than US, like best destroyer in the world, most advanced EMAL in the world. Sometimes in the mid 2020's China should have an indiginous EUV machine going, then probably by the end of the 2020's China defeats US arrogance in all technology related fields!

2030-2040: The age of paying back Japan. I personally don't think China building up her military and navy just to resolve the Taiwan issue. China prepping to attack the snake head that is Japan and permanently expel US from North East Asia. Best time to attack the enemy when they are reeling over from experiencing an inferiority complex the decade prior. China outclassing USA in all tech related fields will inflict morale and psychological damage so hard or bad, they won't even know or forget how to war let alone properly defend themselves!

2040-whenever: The age of China being the most powerful country on Earth. No unresolved Karma or grudges, no nothing. China even paid back NATO for embassy bombing. It's all laid back smooth sailing from then on...

So, if I was a foreigner like you, I wouldn't even be worried about the Taiwan question. That is just a very tiny miniscule issue that China can easily resolve with force, but chooses not to. Rather, I'd make all my worries focused on what I shall do in the future when China finally uproots me from North East Asia... When I have no more bases in and around Japan or SK...

Last edited:
Hello welcome!

The only problem is CCP does not want taiwan to exist. Kuomintag says the same, who's gonna win?
Please dont put your own words into other and claim its China who says or wants that. More or less speaks about your behavior of lying.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom