What's new

The character of General Zia-ul-haq

Dear Spark,

Do not compare Pakistani's Generals with Indians.

You did not get the meaning I guess.

Most probably Spark meant,if Indian intention is to harm Pakistan,then Zia-ul-Haq did more damage to Pakistan than 100 Brahmos can do.S
Look around,all the gun culture,religious extremism etc that you see in your country today is due to the policies of Zia-ul-Haq.

His Cricket diplomacy and subsequent words of wisdom he whispered into the Ears of a belligerent Rajiv Gandhi are indeed feathers in his cap.

As a nation we should stop constantly cursing ourselves. It will never help.What happen in the past will never ever change. We should dedicate our time discussing about the current threats which Pakistan is facing.

Ameen to that, friend.

What can you say about a man who shafted his boss- the man who selected him over so many other Generals to head the Army ?

This one act alone speaks volumes about his psyche.

Thereafter having assassinated Bhutto he went on to further himself using religion as a tool throwing to winds all conventions of civil & military society.

The effects of what he did or did not do are evident for not only Pakistan but the world to see & feeleven today.

Once he lost his utility in the double game he played all along the mangoes exploded on the Hercules returning from Bahawalpur.

You didn't answer my question here.

Where did you learn of this?:(My assumption was you might have seen it on a video)

You naturally assumed I have the video, albeit I am sure the footage would be there.
There was a lot of speculation in the press as what Zia could have possibly said to Rajiv...... however after Zia's death, his memoirs were published with the disclosure...... I am sure there is a thread in this forum regarding the incident.

You naturally assumed I have the video, albeit I am sure the footage would be there.
There was a lot of speculation in the press as what Zia could have possibly said to Rajiv...... however after Zia's death, his memoirs were published with the disclosure...... I am sure there is a thread in this forum regarding the incident.

Please provide a link..

What can you say about a man who shafted his boss- the man who selected him over so many other Generals to head the Army ?

This one act alone speaks volumes about his psyche.

Thereafter having assassinated Bhutto he went on to further himself using religion as a tool throwing to winds all conventions of civil & military society.

The effects of what he did or did not do are evident for not only Pakistan but the world to see & feeleven today.

Once he lost his utility in the double game he played all along the mangoes exploded on the Hercules returning from Bahawalpur.

Lets not even mention his wheelings and dealings in Business..
The corruption in the military ranks skyrocketed during his tenure.

Back
Top Bottom