What's new

The atrocities in the 1971 civil war

Status
Not open for further replies.
z6ZOo5q-3LM[/media] - Zulfiqar ali bhutto's speech

this is the disputed video but if you hear him in the beginning he says see what do you want to do with those people who at one time were our brothers who fought alongside us for 1 PAKISTAN.......so that clearly means this speech is after the partition....and that is the time BHUTTO actually came into power to make the decision on behalf of the people!!!!

i hope none of my BENGALI friend is offended you have to look at it in the context of time.......

I have already posted the same video her:http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/26732-atrocities-1971-civil-war-6.html#post385611

And with the same conclusions, that it was sometime immediately after formation of Bangladesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
arite skeptic didn't know....but ya i hope this makes it clear for my bengali friends who thought that bhutto called them swines before the seperation.....

Audio is bad.. a bad translation is there .. Sheikh mujibs speech

Vidieo is good but not complete

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Both are same speech...

3sKcC_YqzTo[/media] - 7 March, 1971- Speech of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman

Audio is bad.. a bad translation is there .. Sheikh mujibs speech

I think this video exposes the mis-information of the likes of Zob & Zakirs posting here on this forum, that Bhutto became bitter only after the creation of Bangladesh. Infact none of the rulers of West Pakistan including Bhutto had any love lost for the Bangladeshis even before Nov 1971.

Sorry Zob once again you are wrong.

Regards

I think this video exposes the mis-information of the likes of Zob & Zakirs posting here on this forum, that Bhutto became bitter only after the creation of Bangladesh. Infact none of the rulers of West Pakistan including Bhutto had any love lost for the Bangladeshis even before Nov 1971.

Sorry Zob once again you are wrong.

Regards

ok i haven't watched the video but will surely do.... but what the HELL do you mean by once again you are WRONG????:tsk::tsk::angry:

ok i haven't watched the video but will surely do.... but what the HELL do you mean by once again you are WRONG????:tsk::tsk::angry:

I watched the English translation. Mr. Mujib traces the history of how the West Pakistani leaders including Bhutto were two faced with East Pakistanis over a period of 20 years and even threatened a riot in West Pakistan against them. This video was shot in March 1971 nearly 6 months before the war of liberation, which shows Bhutto hated Bangladesh people even before the war so his statement of calling them pigs was due to his hatered for them since a long time not just due to emotions running high after Bangladesh got its freedom.

Regards

I was in Karachi and remember the war period vividly. I can still visualize a Mukti Bahini holding the butchered head of the Deputy Comissioner of Khulna in his hand and scenes of mass murder of Biharis by Mukti Bahini on Dec18, 1971. All published in the international press.

I met a waiter of an Indian resturant on Baker Street who was son of Bengali mother and Pakistani father, he told me that Mukti Bahini slaughtered his father in front of his very own eyes inside their house. Are we trying to prove who committed more murders?.

The fact is that there were atrocities committed on both sides. I consider Bangla Deshi my brothers and there are still about a million Bangla Deshi cooks and household servants in Karachi alone.

Don't you think it is about time that we bury the hatchet?

I watched the English translation. Mr. Mujib traces the history of how the West Pakistani leaders including Bhutto were two faced with East Pakistanis over a period of 20 years and even threatened a riot in West Pakistan against them. This video was shot in March 1971 nearly 6 months before the war of liberation, which shows Bhutto hated Bangladesh people even before the war so his statement of calling them pigs was due to his hatered for them since a long time not just due to emotions running high after Bangladesh got its freedom.

Regards

yes and i am supposed to believe whatever MUJIB says because he is the next best thing to JESUS....!!

if the seperation happened it only happened cuz of 2 people BHUTTO & MUJIB if either of them had backed down things would have been alot diffrent.....but it was never MEANT TO BE.....i mean it would have been better if bangladesh was formed at independence and not in 71...... you can't have a country divided by 1000 kms of enemy terriroty.....and i guess modern example is PALESTIAN.....

I was in Karachi and remember the war period vividly. I can still visualize a Mukti Bahini holding the butchered head of the Deputy Comissioner of Khulna in his hand and scenes of mass murder of Biharis by Mukti Bahini on Dec18, 1971. All published in the international press.

I met a waiter of an Indian resturant on Baker Street who was son of Bengali mother and Pakistani father, he told me that Mukti Bahini slaughtered his father in front of his very own eyes inside their house. Are we trying to prove who committed more murders?.

The fact is that there were atrocities committed on both sides. I consider Bangla Deshi my brothers and there are still about a million Bangla Deshi cooks and household servants in Karachi alone.

Don't you think it is about time that we bury the hatchet?

Yes you watched things from Karachi and saw the picture of butchered head. But did you see the picture of Bengali slaughtered in the hand of Army? Did you watch the picture of intellectuals who were dragged out of their home in the middle of night and killed them inside Bihari controlled area? No you did not see any of those because you did not wanted to.

Last edited:
yes and i am supposed to believe whatever MUJIB says because he is the next best thing to JESUS....!!

if the seperation happened it only happened cuz of 2 people BHUTTO & MUJIB if either of them had backed down things would have been alot diffrent.....but it was never MEANT TO BE.....i mean it would have been better if bangladesh was formed at independence and not in 71...... you can't have a country divided by 1000 kms of enemy terriroty.....and i guess modern example is PALESTIAN.....

He did not say anything which is not written in the history of Pakistan. So you dont have to go to Jesus for the authencity.

Regards

Mujib in his entire speech had nothing against West Pakistani people. He even cautioned bengalis not to go against any non bengalis in East Pakistan which can bring bad name for the Bengalis. All he had against Martial Law and Army. Any democratically elected leader would have demanded what he demanded there. He wanted Martial law to be lifted and send the Army to the barack.

The translation did not cover all the things in his speech only the major portion. I wish I had a better translation.

Yes you watched things from Karachi and saw the picture of butchered head. But did you see the picture of Bengali slaughtered in the hand of Army? Did you watch the picture of intellectuals who were dragged out of their home in the middle of night and killed them inside Bihari controlled area? No you did not see any of those because you did not wanted to.

I don't think Niaz sahib said that atrocities were only committed by the East Pakistanis - in fact he quite clearly stated that atrocities were committed by both sides, many people have said that.

You are choosing to ignore that part and merely focus on the fact that he pointed out the atrocities committed by the East Pakistani Bengalis. The overwhelming majority of the Pakistanis who have posted on threads such as these have acknowledged that atrocities were committed by both sides, yet some people like you go into a tizzy if a Pakistani points out that there were atrocities committed by your side as well.

That kind of attitude is one that is blindly one sided, discourages a fair analysis of the events by understanding the actions of both sides, and prevents reconciliation.

Bangladesh is not going to be any less of a nation if you acknowledge the sins committed by your people, just as Pakistan has accepted the sins committed by her.

I don't think Niaz sahib said that atrocities were only committed by the East Pakistanis - in fact he quite clearly stated that atrocities were committed by both sides, many people have said that.

You are choosing to ignore that part and merely focus on the fact that he pointed out the atrocities committed by the East Pakistani Bengalis. The overwhelming majority of the Pakistanis who have posted on threads such as these have acknowledged that atrocities were committed by both sides, yet some people like you go into a tizzy if a Pakistani points out that there were atrocities committed by your side as well.

That kind of attitude is one that is blindly one sided, discourages a fair analysis of the events by understanding the actions of both sides, and prevents reconciliation.

Bangladesh is not going to be any less of a nation if you acknowledge the sins committed by your people, just as Pakistan has accepted the sins committed by her.

None of BD members ever said there were no atrocities committed by Mukti's part. But the problem is when PK memebers just want to anhiliate the real facts of 1971 by comparing both side on the same footings and which is not. There were surely some excesses from Bengalis and from overwhelming emotion which is equally regrettable. But those were not planned killing or targetted towards a certain group to anhiliate from the land. Bengalis were victim of targetted killing. It was a common case when Army used to ask people to recite Kalema or Show them whether they are circumcised. If anybody failed on those test, they killed them in point blank.
When PK army was negotiating surrender in the final days, they had people to kill all the intellectuals (teachers, engineers, doctors). They thought BD could never be a real country if there were no more intellectuals. Is this called war or humanity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom