What's new

Thats how Indian got busted everywhere in the world once they move from their "Supa Powa shit"

They remade it and it was a hit in China, however they watched a Chinese version right?
Now tell me, Sholay was/is the most successful film in Indian history, seen here.

View attachment 716478

Yet it was based off the Hollywood film the magnificent seven, see here;
View attachment 716480

View attachment 716479

Should Hollywood claim the success of Sholay, or should it be rightly considered a good film in its own right, which it was?
The Magnificent Seven was based off the Akira Kurosawa's legendary film Seven Samurai.

Which world are you living in? Sholay is peanuts.

Sholay is not the most succesful movie in India history, it's Bahubali- which is an original story

Second most succesful movie would be Dangal which made 1000s of crores across India as well as china.

@PakistaniAtBahrain @waz the chinese remade this Indian movie and it became the top grossing movie over there. Tell me which movie from your side has achieved something similar?

Box office[edit]
Sheep Without a Shepherd took the top spot at Mainland China box office, becoming the highest-grossing film in its opening weekend.[7][8] In that weekend, 13 – 15 December, it grossed $32,152,680 in China, besting Skyfire.[citation needed] The film continued the lead in Chinese box office into its second week, till 20 December.[9] In its second weekend in China, the film earned $23,204,410, beating Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker which debuted that weekend and ranked second behind Ip Man 4: The Finale. The film's cumulative gross in China stood at $76,813,388 till 22 December.[10][11] In the same weekend, in terms of worldwide box office ranking, it came fifth behind Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Jumanji: The Next Level, Ip Man 4: The Finale, and Frozen 2, with $77,439,509.[12] In three weeks, the film grossed $111,225,633[13] and $135,589,251 in four weeks.[14][15] By 13 January 2020, the film earned $154.24 million from box office sales in China alone.[16][17] As of 12 February, it has grossed 176 million from China.[16] It became the 9th highest-grossing film in China in 2019. The grossed more than $192 million internationally.[18]

Awards[edit]
It was nominated at The 6th Douban Film Annual Awards in the category Top Rated Chinese Movie.[19]

we don't believe in covering our women up like they did in the dark ages. If an artist wants to wear a certain dress, we aren't going to stop them.

Sholay is not the most succesful movie in India history, it's Bahubali- which is an original story

Second most succesful movie would be Dangal which made 1000s of crores across India as well as china.

you cant just take the current day box office figures. you need to take into account the time value of money and inflation.

you cant just take the current day box office figures. you need to take into account the time value of money and inflation.

Even taking time value of money, Sholay is not the lead. Those days are far behind. It's a fact that if today someone made sholay again people will laugh at it. It's a pretty crappy movie actually.

I'm no kid and what I stated was the fact. Every year there are at least a handful of movies that hit everything out of the park. Days of sholay were days of infancy.

you have reading issues. i said you have no taste after you said sholay was a pretty crappy movie.

you have reading issues. i said you have no taste after you said sholay was a pretty crappy movie.

I was referring to that only. It's a crappy copy of western. Just because sippy had a big marketing machine doesn't mean we can't discern quality. I don't even know what's the big deal about dialogs like kitne aadmi the, tere haath mujhe dede etc.

she went to stanford fullly sponsored by her company...that's about 250K USD plus living expenses. She's in consulting so Her salary will be in the range of 150K USD at least....she didn't come there for the money. She went there to get a name. Why do you think she refuses to leave her job? She's already elite and at a level you will not match.

You are not in her league. You are just one of the 'little people' she comes across. Don't trust me? Try reaching out to her.
exactly only geniuses become safroni and the elites among them get into mitrrrunn IT cell! its not easy to create bs fact one needs different brain cells to accept and spread min-information!

i envy her intellect or that of the bjp It cell workers! or smart brain dead Modi bakhts!

In box office terms yes, but did it have the longevity of Sholay? No. Anyway you didn't answer my question.

Kela... ki kho-bor? kichu kal r pasot kiba post korisa.
Arrey asu rba bhalei. , aji kali yat kom ke ahu,,, same conversations repeat here all the time. Kinda bored.
Tumar ki solise
I was referring to that only. It's a crappy copy of western. Just because sippy had a big marketing machine doesn't mean we can't discern quality. I don't even know what's the big deal about dialogs like kitne aadmi the, tere haath mujhe dede etc.
Well,, even western is a copy.
The original, I believe, is seven samurai by legendary akira kurosawa.

how old are you? if you think copies of movies are bad, then why did you post a link earlier of a Ajay Devgan copy of some south indian movie and say the copy was great?

how old are you? if you think copies of movies are bad, then why did you post a link earlier of a Ajay Devgan copy of some south indian movie and say the copy was great?

I didn't say copies of movies are bad. I said a crappy movie is a crappy movie. Sippy had a big marketing machine. Else the movie is 'meh' at best.

I feel for that girl actually she really understands Indian mindset so well and her product would have been a great success because everything for India revolves around bollywood. Thats why her entire sales speech revolved around bollywood. She tried so hard to explain the fantasy/fake bollywood mindset of Indians but sadly failed to do so.

Even their fake surgical strikes are nothing but a poor piece of bollywood art, with entire India cheering it on like cheerleaders, why? because they love Bollywood and hate facts. This girl was actually spot on and i firmly believe she is a Stanford Grad.

Back
Top Bottom